To Do List Views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
In the To-Do List window (Outlook 2007), the first column was labeled something like, "To-Do Subject" or "Task Subject" or something like that. I wanted to sort the list on (1) Due Date and then (2) Subject text. I wanted to put priority codes (0-9) as the first character of the subject text, That way, tasks that were due on the same day would then be sorted by priority. The built-in task priority (High, Normal, Low) does not provide enough granularity for what I need.

I clicked on View | Current View \ Customize Current View, but I couldn't find any field with that label. I was able to find the Subject field, so I added it. It showed by as a new field in addition to the one mentioned above and it appeared to have exactly the same contents. So, since I couldn't find a way to sort on the first fiueld, I removed it from the list. I am now able to sort as I wanted to.

Here's my question: What was that first field? Is it different from the Subject field? If so, how? If not, why are there two fields with the same information? Finally, why isn't it in any of the lists of fields?

Now that I have removed it from the view, I can't seem to get it back. Is that a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Different views for To-Do List and To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
Brian Outlook List of custom task views missing in OL2013 Using Outlook 2
A Is it possible to remove the word Categories: from task list views? Using Outlook 2
A In Contacts Phone List View, allow alpha jump w/single key, same as Card views Using Outlook 4
farrissf Category list to pick from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Inconsistent view of To-Do List Using Outlook 0
R Adding Userform Dropdown List items from names of subfolders on network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Capture email addresses and create a comma separated list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D VBA code to select a signature from the signatures list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Checking Sender Email Address for trusted domain from list on intranet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Ken Pascoe Outlook Categories Quick List Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 Tasks are not visible in To Do list Using Outlook 5
C must select message to trigger safe list Using Outlook 3
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
V Pin a document to the "Attach file" Recent Documents list Using Outlook 0
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
Witzker print-list-of-outlook-folders with sort posibility Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1
T Increasing the number of items that appear on the Categories list Using Outlook 2
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z See "Change View" Drop Down as a List? Using Outlook 1
Z How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
M How can we find the list of users who are members of a deleted distribution list? Exchange Server Administration 2
B Outlook 365 - Folder pane list clears Using Outlook 28
B All imported tasks appear in to-do list Using Outlook 3
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
GregS 2016 Contact List being managed by Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
M Message list font changed after update Using Outlook 2
A Order of Recent Items in Attach File List Using Outlook 5
O Address list - company and non-company ? Using Outlook 0
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Help with dates in task list. Using Outlook 5
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
M Same file "stuck" on top of file list in "Attach File" drop down Using Outlook 4
M Auto expand Distribution List Before Sending Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1