Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
It seems that all mail I get with outlook 2010 comes in so small, is it possible to set the fonts and size for incoming mail in Outlook 2010? Attached is an example of how small the fonts are on most of my incoming emails

example.jpg

Not sure what you are talking about, can you give me instruction on how to do what you suggest?

Not sure about Outlook 2010, but in 2016 go to View/View Settings/Other Settings

That is what I have been doing but it seems that I shouldn't have to on every email. Are there any stable versions of Office besides Office 365 that have any options to use my fonts for incoming emails?

Office 365 lets you set the zoom level - and there is a macro for older versions.

I've been using the ctrl button and wheel on my mouse to zoom incoming emails. I was hoping that I could set them so I wouldn't have to zoom manually on each email. I've not used macros before and even though your video tutorial looks very easy to follow I'm a bit hesitant to try it. If I do try it and it works what should I expect outlook 2010 to do to incoming emails? will it allow me to chose a font size for incoming emails or does the macro just set that font to a certain size?

Thanks for your help

The macro sets it to a specific zoom - the "default" is 200%, but you can use any %. It will be the same for all messages though.

Const MsgZoom = 200

Thank you very much, I will give it a go. Crossing fingers......lol

Diane,
another thing I noticed is I type a email in my fonts and size and then when I go to send folder and open a email I just typed the fonts are very small, just as most of the emails I get everyday. I haven't tried the macro yet just want to make sure I understand how to do it before I try. Can you explain why when my fonts are correct when I type the email but once it goes to the sent folder the fonts are so small I can't even read it, it all seems strange to me

Thanks
Ron

I followed the tutorial on the macros and was able to get it to work from what I can tell. I have 2 questions, nowhere did I see "Const MsgZoom = 200" this is what I saw in VBA "View.Zoom.Percentage = 150" is that the same thing? here is everything in my VBA. If that is the zoom feature I adjust I can adjust it until everything is a good size for me? each time I adjust the zoom do I have to click on reference,run and make sure I chose those 2 options

Option Explicit
Dim WithEvents objInspectors As Outlook.Inspectors
Dim WithEvents objOpenInspector As Outlook.Inspector
Dim WithEvents objMailItem As Outlook.MailItem

Private Sub Application_Startup()
Set objInspectors = Application.Inspectors
End Sub

Private Sub Application_Quit()
Set objOpenInspector = Nothing
Set objInspectors = Nothing
Set objMailItem = Nothing
End Sub

Private Sub objInspectors_NewInspector(ByVal Inspector As Inspector)
If Inspector.CurrentItem.Class = olMail Then
Set objMailItem = Inspector.CurrentItem
Set objOpenInspector = Inspector

End If
End Sub

Private Sub objOpenInspector_Close()

End Sub

Private Sub objOpenInspector_Activate()

Dim wdDoc As Word.Document
Set wdDoc = objOpenInspector.WordEditor
wdDoc.Windows(1).Panes(1).View.Zoom.Percentage = 150

End Sub

As always thank you very much
Ron

It's been a long time since I posted this thread and I haven't seen a reply to my last question. By chance did you not see my last post?

No, I didn't see it or somehow missed it.

this is what I saw in VBA "View.Zoom.Percentage = 150" is that the same thing?
Yes, it is. I don't know why I said 200% was the default. :)

If that is the zoom feature I adjust I can adjust it until everything is a good size for me? each time I adjust the zoom do I have to click on reference,run and make sure I chose those 2 options
I think it will work when you edit it, but I'm in the habit of clicking in Application_Start and hitting run, just to be sure.

You can replace the 150 with any value you want.

Diane,
I followed your tutorial for the zoom macro and I get the following error message
0156.jpg

I made sure that the macro security settings were to allow all macros, then I pasted your code in the VBA and made sure I clicked on word and redemption in references. A screenshot below,

0157.jpg

Any idea what may have caused this error?

Thanks

That's not a macro security error. Do you know which line it errors on?

Not sure all it does is give me that VBA error message.

The code I used is the following, is it correct?

Option Explicit
Dim WithEvents objInspectors As Outlook.Inspectors
Dim WithEvents objOpenInspector As Outlook.Inspector
Dim WithEvents objMailItem As Outlook.MailItem

Private Sub Application_Startup()
Set objInspectors = Application.Inspectors
End Sub

Private Sub Application_Quit()
Set objOpenInspector = Nothing
Set objInspectors = Nothing
End Sub

Private Sub objInspectors_NewInspector(ByVal Inspector As Inspector)
If Inspector.CurrentItem.Class = olMail Then
Set objMailItem = Inspector.CurrentItem
Set objOpenInspector = Inspector

End If
End Sub

Private Sub objOpenInspector_Close()

End Sub

Private Sub objOpenInspector_Activate()

Dim wdDoc As Word.Document
Set wdDoc = objOpenInspector.WordEditor
wdDoc.Windows(1).Panes(1).View.Zoom.Percentage = 150

End Sub

It's working here without error....

In the VBE, Go to Tools, Options and on the General tab, set it to break on all errors. That might highlight the problem line when the error comes up with a debug option.
2020-09-22_00-19-56-0000.gif

BTW, I'm using the last sample you posted.

Okay this is what I get now.
0159.jpg
0159.jpg

here is the code with the highlighted error line

0161.jpg
0161.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.