Status
Not open for further replies.

billzant

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Dear Forum,

I am happy using Outlook as my feed reader. Normally when I click the red RSS feed button a page opens and I cut and paste the URL into Outlook and then the feeds come.

I use google chrome and now when I click the RSS feed google chrome asks me to install a google app. This I don't want to do as I want to read my feeds in Outlook.

Can anyone help with this? I know the problem is google but I find all the google stuff too much. There are some google things I want, I am happy with chrome as my browser. you-tune I want but .... They are interconnecting them all, it is messy - as big brother as microsoft!!

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

Bill Z

I'll have to test this with google. I know when there is an rss link, I copy and paste it into outlook. You can check the defaults in windows control panel and see if outlook is the default for rss.

I'll have to test this with google. I know when there is an rss link, I copy and paste it into outlook. You can check the defaults in windows control panel and see if outlook is the default for rss.

Since writing this question I have discovered that if you right click and copy the link address you copy it into Outlook. I couldn't login yesterday to post this. Thanks Diane for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Receiving duplicate messages from RSS feeds Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky How to Change the Font used for Outlook's RSS Feeds Using Outlook 0
N Going Forward: Using Outlook 2016 for RSS Feeds Using Outlook 2
Horsepower Duplicate RSS feeds Using Outlook 5
Jay Freedman RSS feeds don't get any messages Using Outlook 4
Commodore Deleting folders or feeds when deleting from default RSS Feeds structure? Using Outlook 7
Commodore Why some RSS feeds stop getting updates? Using Outlook 12
Commodore Outlook 2007 not closing network connections with RSS feeds Using Outlook 1
T Permanent Removal of RSS feeds folder amd Search folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 10
Commodore RSS feeds from sites that require login Using Outlook 5
B How to add RSS feeds for Microsoft Newsgroups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Creating an RSS Feed **FROM** Outlook 2013 Calendar. Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky How to Remove RSS Support from Outlook Using Outlook 0
norbertlars Outlook 2016 - rss Using Outlook 3
O How to delete duplicate RSS messages? Using Outlook 6
E RSS export as OPML problem Using Outlook 4
Flavia Lovell Can Not Subscribing the RSS Feed of Elance Jobs Using Outlook 3
Commodore Repeated RSS items downloads Using Outlook 1
V Exporting RSS Feed to OPML file Using Outlook 8
Jennifer Murphy Sync RSS feed message after Safe Mode Using Outlook 3
Commodore Importing RSS on another computer (and feed locations) Using Outlook 8
F Outlook Re-Downloading RSS Feed Posts Days Later Using Outlook 3
IGWright Outlook 2010 RSS Feed Folder Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
A RSS feed inbox "new item event"? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D MailItem from an RSS feed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Carriage Return - Line Feeds - exporting Calendar events Using Outlook 0
evdbogaard How to prevent extra line feeds in replies Using Outlook 3
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
D Wishlist How to use 'app password' in Outlook 2003 after Google pulled plug on "less secure apps" Using Outlook 2
Commodore Are newer versions of Outlook still "less secure" to Google? Using Outlook 22
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
A Any way to make Outlook Calendar invitations look right to Gmail/Google Calendar users? Using Outlook 3
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
R How to Sync *all* Google Workspace Mail Folders with Outlook 2019 (MS365) Using Outlook 3
R How to Change Margins In Google Docs...? Using Outlook 0
I Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com> appearing as a duplicate entry Using Outlook 2
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 365 blocked by Google popup Using Outlook 2
O Synchronising contacts Outlook 365 with Google v.v. Using Outlook 4
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
G Outlook VBA and Google Calendar ("Events") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D launching a link in google Using Outlook 1
Horsepower Google says Outlook 2016 is not a secure app Using Outlook 4
C Search with Google Macro? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
M Google Apps Mail *SENT* from iPhone doesn't download to Outlook via POP3 Using Outlook 1
T bcc and Google imap Using Outlook 3