How to Get Username from Global Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benjamin

I l'd like to look up the username from a cell in Excel,

which would contain their full name.

Then populate the next cell with the username I looked up.

Example:

Smith, Trevor J

Woo, Thomas

alias:

smithtj

twoo

I need to use the global address book in outlook.

I'm fine with Excel code, but Outlook I haven't ever stepped into.

Can someone shed some light on this, maybe some code to get the user alias,

from looking up the full name.

-Thanks in advance,

D

Dmitry Streblechenko

Use ExchangeUser.Alias. Call AddressEntry.GetExchangeUser to get

ExchangeUser object - it will be null unless the item comes from GAL.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Benjamin" <Benjamin> wrote in message

news:F8ECB0BE-31C6-4B40-9388-B20C1A6582C3@microsoft.com...
> I l'd like to look up the username from a cell in Excel,
> which would contain their full name.
> Then populate the next cell with the username I looked up.

> Example:
> Smith, Trevor J
> Woo, Thomas

> alias:
> smithtj
> twoo

> I need to use the global address book in outlook.
> I'm fine with Excel code, but Outlook I haven't ever stepped into.

> Can someone shed some light on this, maybe some code to get the user
> alias,
> from looking up the full name.

> -Thanks in advance,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rupert Dragwater Outlook began asking for username and password Using Outlook 9
C Outlook 2010 keeps asking for username and password Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 Username Not Working in Scheduling Assistant (Cache Mode) Using Outlook 0
T Exchange setup not possible with outlook.de username Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
P Constant Username Password Prompt Using Outlook 2
smokiibear windows security mail application not accepting username and password Using Outlook 0
C Problem accessing events for folder "username" Server Threw Exception Calendar Printing Assistant 1
K Outlook keeps prompting for Microsoft username and password for share calendar Using Outlook 0
S Script to parse email subject, get Username, look up in GAL and redirect email Exchange Server Administration 6
B [SOLVED] Forced to type Domain/username for OWA 2003 with IE 7 or 8 Exchange Server Administration 3
W To stop outlook 2010 to open my browser at file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows Using Outlook 1
S Continuous password and username prompt in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
T Problem with owa after new user with same username Exchange Server Administration 2
S Log Into Outlook Without Domain\Username Using Outlook 9
K Invalid Username and Password in Facebook Social Network Setup Using Outlook 4
G Outlook 2007 Will Not Remember Username Using Outlook 1
R windows 7 and outlook 2010 microsoft security username and password request Using Outlook 10
V Outlook 2003 prompts for username and password when network disconnects - Main issue is that the name of the server appears in the logon box rather th Using Outlook 1
M The outlook 2007 is suddenly gets lock or prompted username and password while sending emails. Using Outlook 2
Y getting error "ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT WAS DENIED. VERIFY THAT YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ARE CORRECT Using Outlook 3
A Second Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA login fail "The username or password you entered isn't correct. Try ent Exchange Server Administration 3
C Outlook 2010 prompting for username and password Exchange Server Administration 6
W Outlook 2010 continually prompting username and password. Using Outlook 1
B Outlook informs me that my Facebook username or password is incorrect. Using Outlook 2
B Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA login fail "The username or password you entered isn't correct. Try entering i Exchange Server Administration 3
S Outlook 2007 asking for a Username and Password after losing VPN connectivity Using Outlook 2
S Calendar in Mailbox "Username" Using Outlook 2
S Web Mail --- Domain\username Exchange Server Administration 3
R The format of the e-mail address isn't correct. A correct address looks like this: username@contoso. Using Outlook 3
L Username and password for published calendar Using Outlook 5
L Exchange Management Console - Initializtion failed on Logon Failure: unknown username or bad passwor Exchange Server Administration 4
Diane Poremsky How to perform a global search and replace New Slipstick.com Articles 0
I Global variables in ThisOutlookSession Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Hiding Global Address Book Fields New Slipstick.com Articles 0
E Are reminders local or global? Using Outlook 2
L Adding sender's e-mail to global address book DL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Outlook 2010, reading pane, global settting for fields? Using Outlook 1
S change default contact list in Outlook 2010 to "contacts" rather than "global" Exchange Server Administration 1
C How do I hide distribution list from global contacts for certain users? Exchange Server Administration 1
H Cannot share calendar, global address book not updating Exchange Server Administration 1
K Extract Global Address List Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Crashes from the Global Address List Using Outlook 1
W Send Text Message SMS to Global Address Book Recipient Through Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003 can not find Global Address List after downgrading from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Global address book, 1 users not updating Using Outlook 2
G Old email addresses in global address list Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007 Global Address Book Not Updating Using Outlook 1
C Global Address List Exchange Server Administration 8
M offline global address list Using Outlook 4
R Outlook will not send e-mail to global e-mail group Using Outlook 5