Google MAPI account

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Esteban

Hello,

I've developed a COM add-in that works with OL 2003/07 in C# .Net 2.0.

When OL starts I need to retrieve the list of OL accounts available in the

current OL Profile. For each account, I need to obtain the associated

SMTP-format email address.

The code I have works well for POP, EXCHANGE, HTTP (hotmail), and IMAP

accounts. However, I found a MAPI type that I cannot resolve. This account

was created in OL when the user installed the "Google Apps Sync" add-in for

Outlook available thru their Google Apps Premier account

(https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync). By the way, I say MAPI because

this is how Outlook displays it when the user opens the "Accounts Settings"

dialog (OL07) and the account is described as Type "MAPI".

The code I have scans the Profile details in the registry for the

CurrentUser hive. I'm adding some details here in case it helps (I can add

more if needed). First I get the Profile details from the corresponding entry

in this key:

Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging

Subsystem\Profiles

And then I get the related subkey/value

9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676/{ED475418-B0D6-11D2-8C3B-00104B2A6676},

which gets me the final key where the details for the account are available

(typically "0000001" or something like that)

In this final account key I can access values like "Account Name", which

retrieves the correct information, but compared to POP/EX/IMAP I cannot find

a value that will get me the e-mail address. For example, for a POP or IMAP

account I can get the "Email" value (along with "POP3 User" or "IMAP User"

correspondingly and other like that); for an EX account I get "Identity Eid",

which gives me the Exchange id used later to retrieve the list of associated

SMTP e-mail addresses.

So, as I said, this works for all types of accounts except for this MAPI

account. Other than the "Account Name" value, none of the other values give

me something useful. Value names that I see in this type of account are "Mini

UID", "Service Name", and "Service UID", but I cannot make any sense of the

binary data stored in these values.

Any hints on how to obtain the associated SMTP-format e-mail address of this

MAPI account?

Thank you in advance

E
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

Have you tried to use regmon to see where the date is stored after you set

it in the UI?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Esteban" <Esteban> wrote in message

news:FDE98D02-B12D-4EFF-ADC3-E4454FB5539E@microsoft.com...
> Hello,

> I've developed a COM add-in that works with OL 2003/07 in C# .Net 2.0.

> When OL starts I need to retrieve the list of OL accounts available in the
> current OL Profile. For each account, I need to obtain the associated
> SMTP-format email address.

> The code I have works well for POP, EXCHANGE, HTTP (hotmail), and IMAP
> accounts. However, I found a MAPI type that I cannot resolve. This account
> was created in OL when the user installed the "Google Apps Sync" add-in
> for
> Outlook available thru their Google Apps Premier account
> (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync). By the way, I say MAPI
> because
> this is how Outlook displays it when the user opens the "Accounts
> Settings"
> dialog (OL07) and the account is described as Type "MAPI".

> The code I have scans the Profile details in the registry for the
> CurrentUser hive. I'm adding some details here in case it helps (I can add
> more if needed). First I get the Profile details from the corresponding
> entry
> in this key:
> Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
> Subsystem\Profiles
> And then I get the related subkey/value
> 9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676/{ED475418-B0D6-11D2-8C3B-00104B2A6676},
> which gets me the final key where the details for the account are
> available
> (typically "0000001" or something like that)

> In this final account key I can access values like "Account Name", which
> retrieves the correct information, but compared to POP/EX/IMAP I cannot
> find
> a value that will get me the e-mail address. For example, for a POP or
> IMAP
> account I can get the "Email" value (along with "POP3 User" or "IMAP User"
> correspondingly and other like that); for an EX account I get "Identity
> Eid",
> which gives me the Exchange id used later to retrieve the list of
> associated
> SMTP e-mail addresses.

> So, as I said, this works for all types of accounts except for this MAPI
> account. Other than the "Account Name" value, none of the other values
> give
> me something useful. Value names that I see in this type of account are
> "Mini
> UID", "Service Name", and "Service UID", but I cannot make any sense of
> the
> binary data stored in these values.

> Any hints on how to obtain the associated SMTP-format e-mail address of
> this
> MAPI account?

> Thank you in advance

> E
>
 
E

Esteban

Hi Dmitri,

Thank you for your comment.

I was afraid that I was going to get that type of answer. I was hoping

someone had already been thru this.

Someone else suggested I should attempt to query the plugin itself (GSync in

this case). I have never done something like that. Any recommendations on

what interfaces it should expose in order to support basic Outlook

functionality?

Thanks again,

E

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:


> Have you tried to use regmon to see where the date is stored after you set
> it in the UI?

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>

>

>

> -
> "Esteban" <Esteban> wrote in message
> news:FDE98D02-B12D-4EFF-ADC3-E4454FB5539E@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> > I've developed a COM add-in that works with OL 2003/07 in C# .Net 2.0.
> > When OL starts I need to retrieve the list of OL accounts available in the
> > current OL Profile. For each account, I need to obtain the associated
> > SMTP-format email address.
> > The code I have works well for POP, EXCHANGE, HTTP (hotmail), and IMAP
> > accounts. However, I found a MAPI type that I cannot resolve. This account
> > was created in OL when the user installed the "Google Apps Sync" add-in
> > for
> > Outlook available thru their Google Apps Premier account
> > (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync). By the way, I say MAPI
> > because
> > this is how Outlook displays it when the user opens the "Accounts
> > Settings"
> > dialog (OL07) and the account is described as Type "MAPI".
> > The code I have scans the Profile details in the registry for the
> > CurrentUser hive. I'm adding some details here in case it helps (I can add
> > more if needed). First I get the Profile details from the corresponding
> > entry
> > in this key:
> > Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
> > Subsystem\Profiles
> > And then I get the related subkey/value
> > 9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676/{ED475418-B0D6-11D2-8C3B-00104B2A6676},
> > which gets me the final key where the details for the account are
> > available
> > (typically "0000001" or something like that)
> > In this final account key I can access values like "Account Name", which
> > retrieves the correct information, but compared to POP/EX/IMAP I cannot
> > find
> > a value that will get me the e-mail address. For example, for a POP or
> > IMAP
> > account I can get the "Email" value (along with "POP3 User" or "IMAP User"
> > correspondingly and other like that); for an EX account I get "Identity
> > Eid",
> > which gives me the Exchange id used later to retrieve the list of
> > associated
> > SMTP e-mail addresses.
> > So, as I said, this works for all types of accounts except for this MAPI
> > account. Other than the "Account Name" value, none of the other values
> > give
> > me something useful. Value names that I see in this type of account are
> > "Mini
> > UID", "Service Name", and "Service UID", but I cannot make any sense of
> > the
> > binary data stored in these values.
> > Any hints on how to obtain the associated SMTP-format e-mail address of
> > this
> > MAPI account?
> > Thank you in advance
> > E
> >


> .
>
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

I would not go that route - if it s a transport provider, it would not have

to expose any data (name, address, etc) - all Outlook does is say "here is

the message, send it and let me know when you are done"

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Esteban" <Esteban> wrote in message

news:90F71CB7-F28A-4FF2-A66C-50A1F2918272@microsoft.com...
> Hi Dmitri,

> Thank you for your comment.

> I was afraid that I was going to get that type of answer. I was hoping
> someone had already been thru this.

> Someone else suggested I should attempt to query the plugin itself (GSync
> in
> this case). I have never done something like that. Any recommendations on
> what interfaces it should expose in order to support basic Outlook
> functionality?

> Thanks again,

> E

> "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried to use regmon to see where the date is stored after you
> > set
> > it in the UI?
>

>> > > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >

> >

> >

> > -
> > "Esteban" <Esteban> wrote in message
> > news:FDE98D02-B12D-4EFF-ADC3-E4454FB5539E@microsoft.com...
> > > Hello,
> >> > I've developed a COM add-in that works with OL 2003/07 in C# .Net 2.0.
> >> > When OL starts I need to retrieve the list of OL accounts available in
> > > the
> > > current OL Profile. For each account, I need to obtain the associated
> > > SMTP-format email address.
> >> > The code I have works well for POP, EXCHANGE, HTTP (hotmail), and IMAP
> > > accounts. However, I found a MAPI type that I cannot resolve. This
> > > account
> > > was created in OL when the user installed the "Google Apps Sync" add-in
> > > for
> > > Outlook available thru their Google Apps Premier account
> > > (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync). By the way, I say MAPI
> > > because
> > > this is how Outlook displays it when the user opens the "Accounts
> > > Settings"
> > > dialog (OL07) and the account is described as Type "MAPI".
> >> > The code I have scans the Profile details in the registry for the
> > > CurrentUser hive. I'm adding some details here in case it helps (I can
> > > add
> > > more if needed). First I get the Profile details from the corresponding
> > > entry
> > > in this key:
> > > Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
> > > Subsystem\Profiles
> > > And then I get the related subkey/value
> > > 9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676/{ED475418-B0D6-11D2-8C3B-00104B2A6676},
> > > which gets me the final key where the details for the account are
> > > available
> > > (typically "0000001" or something like that)
> >> > In this final account key I can access values like "Account Name",
> > > which
> > > retrieves the correct information, but compared to POP/EX/IMAP I cannot
> > > find
> > > a value that will get me the e-mail address. For example, for a POP or
> > > IMAP
> > > account I can get the "Email" value (along with "POP3 User" or "IMAP
> > > User"
> > > correspondingly and other like that); for an EX account I get "Identity
> > > Eid",
> > > which gives me the Exchange id used later to retrieve the list of
> > > associated
> > > SMTP e-mail addresses.
> >> > So, as I said, this works for all types of accounts except for this
> > > MAPI
> > > account. Other than the "Account Name" value, none of the other values
> > > give
> > > me something useful. Value names that I see in this type of account are
> > > "Mini
> > > UID", "Service Name", and "Service UID", but I cannot make any sense of
> > > the
> > > binary data stored in these values.
> >> > Any hints on how to obtain the associated SMTP-format e-mail address of
> > > this
> > > MAPI account?
> >> > Thank you in advance
> >> > E
> > >

>

>
>> .
> >
 
E

Esteban

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for your comments. I will post back here if I find a solution.

E

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:


> I would not go that route - if it s a transport provider, it would not have
> to expose any data (name, address, etc) - all Outlook does is say "here is
> the message, send it and let me know when you are done"

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>

>

>

> -
> "Esteban" <Esteban> wrote in message
> news:90F71CB7-F28A-4FF2-A66C-50A1F2918272@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Dmitri,
> > Thank you for your comment.
> > I was afraid that I was going to get that type of answer. I was hoping
> > someone had already been thru this.
> > Someone else suggested I should attempt to query the plugin itself (GSync
> > in
> > this case). I have never done something like that. Any recommendations on
> > what interfaces it should expose in order to support basic Outlook
> > functionality?
> > Thanks again,
> > E
> > "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried to use regmon to see where the date is stored after you
> >> set
> >> it in the UI?
> >
> >> > >> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> -
> >> "Esteban" <Esteban> wrote in message
> >> news:FDE98D02-B12D-4EFF-ADC3-E4454FB5539E@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hello,
> >> >> > I've developed a COM add-in that works with OL 2003/07 in C# .Net 2.0.
> >> >> > When OL starts I need to retrieve the list of OL accounts available in
> >> > the
> >> > current OL Profile. For each account, I need to obtain the associated
> >> > SMTP-format email address.
> >> >> > The code I have works well for POP, EXCHANGE, HTTP (hotmail), and IMAP
> >> > accounts. However, I found a MAPI type that I cannot resolve. This
> >> > account
> >> > was created in OL when the user installed the "Google Apps Sync" add-in
> >> > for
> >> > Outlook available thru their Google Apps Premier account
> >> > (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync). By the way, I say MAPI
> >> > because
> >> > this is how Outlook displays it when the user opens the "Accounts
> >> > Settings"
> >> > dialog (OL07) and the account is described as Type "MAPI".
> >> >> > The code I have scans the Profile details in the registry for the
> >> > CurrentUser hive. I'm adding some details here in case it helps (I can
> >> > add
> >> > more if needed). First I get the Profile details from the corresponding
> >> > entry
> >> > in this key:
> >> > Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
> >> > Subsystem\Profiles
> >> > And then I get the related subkey/value
> >> > 9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676/{ED475418-B0D6-11D2-8C3B-00104B2A6676},
> >> > which gets me the final key where the details for the account are
> >> > available
> >> > (typically "0000001" or something like that)
> >> >> > In this final account key I can access values like "Account Name",
> >> > which
> >> > retrieves the correct information, but compared to POP/EX/IMAP I cannot
> >> > find
> >> > a value that will get me the e-mail address. For example, for a POP or
> >> > IMAP
> >> > account I can get the "Email" value (along with "POP3 User" or "IMAP
> >> > User"
> >> > correspondingly and other like that); for an EX account I get "Identity
> >> > Eid",
> >> > which gives me the Exchange id used later to retrieve the list of
> >> > associated
> >> > SMTP e-mail addresses.
> >> >> > So, as I said, this works for all types of accounts except for this
> >> > MAPI
> >> > account. Other than the "Account Name" value, none of the other values
> >> > give
> >> > me something useful. Value names that I see in this type of account are
> >> > "Mini
> >> > UID", "Service Name", and "Service UID", but I cannot make any sense of
> >> > the
> >> > binary data stored in these values.
> >> >> > Any hints on how to obtain the associated SMTP-format e-mail address of
> >> > this
> >> > MAPI account?
> >> >> > Thank you in advance
> >> >> > E
> >> >
> >
> >> .
> >>


> .
>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Commodore Are newer versions of Outlook still "less secure" to Google? Using Outlook 22
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
A Any way to make Outlook Calendar invitations look right to Gmail/Google Calendar users? Using Outlook 3
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
R How to Sync *all* Google Workspace Mail Folders with Outlook 2019 (MS365) Using Outlook 3
R How to Change Margins In Google Docs...? Using Outlook 0
I Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com> appearing as a duplicate entry Using Outlook 2
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 365 blocked by Google popup Using Outlook 2
O Synchronising contacts Outlook 365 with Google v.v. Using Outlook 4
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
G Outlook VBA and Google Calendar ("Events") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D launching a link in google Using Outlook 1
Horsepower Google says Outlook 2016 is not a secure app Using Outlook 4
C Search with Google Macro? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
M Google Apps Mail *SENT* from iPhone doesn't download to Outlook via POP3 Using Outlook 1
T bcc and Google imap Using Outlook 3
B synching outlook 2010 with google on android phone Using Outlook 6
C Odd error message not found in Google search Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2013 IMAP using Google Mail App not syching Sent Mail Using Outlook 3
C Setting up Outlook 10 on Widows 8 using Google Server Using Outlook 3
A Recommend add-on or utility enabling quick Google search within Outlook Using Outlook 7
D Outlook/Google Configuration Using Outlook 27
S too difficult of a question to google Using Outlook 2
billzant RSS feeds and google Using Outlook 2
M How do I change the default map from Bing to Google in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 23
I Links not working after un-installing Google Chrome Using Outlook 2
J Outlook Connector equivalent for Google Mail? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 registry hack - delete emails - Google Apps Using Outlook 0
R Outlook and google calendar stuck if I close outlook Using Outlook 1
C Sync Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
F Google Desktop fails to index Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
N The add-in "C:\program files\google\google desktop search\googledesktopO..." could not be installed Using Outlook 32
G Error in Outlook Object Model with redemption and google apps prem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
F MAPI, User Defined Fields and perspective after 20 years Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Dennis Gaudenzi Your setup couldn't be started because of an unexpected error (mapi 0x80040604) Using Outlook 14
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
J Unwanted US Holiday Contact folder in Outlook.com syncs to MAPI/Phone Address book Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
P office 2013 communigate mapi Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2013 MAPI 1.0 Error Using Outlook 2
L Mapi folder.FIND: error Using Outlook 0
J [outlook-users] Icloud + Mapi profile + Using Outlook 1
C MAPI to access a 64 bit Outlook from a 32 bit application; or access via ODBC Using Outlook 0
K Two MAPI Accounts One Contacts data set Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
E Redemption MAPI access(c#) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P CDO MAPI Session failing to retrieve user name but Getexchage user Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2

Similar threads

Top