Difference between Regular Attachments and Signature Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

QW5kcmV3

Hello folks,

I have an Outlook add-in Developed in Visual Studio 2008, written in VB.NET

for Outlook 2003 and 2007. A small part of its functionality is to post

emails from Outlook to a webform which currently works well in both versions.

We've however come across an issue with the attachments.

Currently, when the click the custom button to post the email. I save all

the attachments to a file and after the message is sent, I attempt the send

the attachments also. The issue is, signatures with images are being stored

as attachments also. Is there anyway to distinguish between the two types of

attachments?

Regards,
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

Do you need to strip out all the image attachments or only those used in

signatures (there is really no difference between the two)?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Andrew" <Andrew> wrote in message

news:9D99CA52-B509-471E-9ED4-6EE93F687190@microsoft.com...
> Hello folks,

> I have an Outlook add-in Developed in Visual Studio 2008, written in
> VB.NET
> for Outlook 2003 and 2007. A small part of its functionality is to post
> emails from Outlook to a webform which currently works well in both
> versions.
> We've however come across an issue with the attachments.

> Currently, when the click the custom button to post the email. I save all
> the attachments to a file and after the message is sent, I attempt the
> send
> the attachments also. The issue is, signatures with images are being
> stored
> as attachments also. Is there anyway to distinguish between the two types
> of
> attachments?

> Regards,
 
Q

QW5kcmV3

Re: Difference between Regular Attachments and Signature Attachmen

Hey,

Well, we don't want to upload any signature images. So I would like to know

if there's a way to detect them so that, they can be excluded from the

attachment upload.

Thanks,

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:


> Do you need to strip out all the image attachments or only those used in
> signatures (there is really no difference between the two)?

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>

>

>

> -
> "Andrew" <Andrew> wrote in message
> news:9D99CA52-B509-471E-9ED4-6EE93F687190@microsoft.com...
> > Hello folks,
> > I have an Outlook add-in Developed in Visual Studio 2008, written in
> > VB.NET
> > for Outlook 2003 and 2007. A small part of its functionality is to post
> > emails from Outlook to a webform which currently works well in both
> > versions.
> > We've however come across an issue with the attachments.
> > Currently, when the click the custom button to post the email. I save all
> > the attachments to a file and after the message is sent, I attempt the
> > send
> > the attachments also. The issue is, signatures with images are being
> > stored
> > as attachments also. Is there anyway to distinguish between the two types
> > of
> > attachments?
> > Regards,


>
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

Re: Difference between Regular Attachments and Signature Attachmen

No, an image is an image. The only difference is how it was added to a

message.

You can look at the HTML body and see if an image is within a _MailAutoSig

span, but that is far from being reliable.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Andrew" <Andrew> wrote in message

news:9D20871D-B210-40D6-883E-BC51B37E6031@microsoft.com...
> Hey,

> Well, we don't want to upload any signature images. So I would like to
> know
> if there's a way to detect them so that, they can be excluded from the
> attachment upload.

> Thanks,

> "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
>
> > Do you need to strip out all the image attachments or only those used in
> > signatures (there is really no difference between the two)?
>

>> > > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >

> >

> >

> > -
> > "Andrew" <Andrew> wrote in message
> > news:9D99CA52-B509-471E-9ED4-6EE93F687190@microsoft.com...
> > > Hello folks,
> >> > I have an Outlook add-in Developed in Visual Studio 2008, written in
> > > VB.NET
> > > for Outlook 2003 and 2007. A small part of its functionality is to post
> > > emails from Outlook to a webform which currently works well in both
> > > versions.
> > > We've however come across an issue with the attachments.
> >> > Currently, when the click the custom button to post the email. I save
> > > all
> > > the attachments to a file and after the message is sent, I attempt the
> > > send
> > > the attachments also. The issue is, signatures with images are being
> > > stored
> > > as attachments also. Is there anyway to distinguish between the two
> > > types
> > > of
> > > attachments?
> >> > Regards,

>

>
>>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Difference between attachment displayname and filename Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Commodore Difference between Facebook entries in browser vs. people pane Using Outlook 2
Jennifer Murphy Difference between export and archive? Using Outlook 10
V Difference between UserProperties and ItemProperties? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Difference between the TabStrip and MultiPage controls?? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T The From field difference in OL 2003 to 2010 Using Outlook 1
L Format Lost between Tasks and To Do Using Outlook 0
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Stationery using between OL 2019 and OL 2010 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Toggle between calendar and email in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 12
A VBA Script - Print Date between first email in Category X and last email in Category Y Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Automating message move between folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
S Moving Emails Between Archive Folders Using Outlook 1
C VBA to Forward e-mails from certain address and between certain times Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Syncing notes between Outlook 2016/Exchange and Outlook for Android Using Outlook 2
R Trying to extract information between two symbols from outlook subject Using Outlook 2
K Macro to search emails between two time slots on public folders with excel export Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
H Sync Contacts between Office 365 and Gmail. Exchange Server Administration 3
I Outlook Contacts and Calenders not syncing between PC, IPhone, and Windows 8.1 tablet Using Outlook 3
N Passing Attachments between forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Is it possible to have contacts sync real-time between Outlook and iCloud? Using Outlook 1
W Sync categories between Exchange and 2007 Exchange Server Administration 1
S Updating between Smartphone and PC Using Outlook 3
M moving custom field data between outlook and excel? Using Outlook 4
Paul Van Cotthem Is calendar synchronization between Office 2013 and Outlook.com capped by spam or bandwidth limits? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
P Sync 2013 calendar between 2 devices -Surface 2 and Desktop using Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
X When travel between time zones Calendar Daily Items a fixed times vs Meetings? Using Outlook 2
Y Search/list all emails sent between 6pm to 12am in the past 30 days Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2007 Delete and Paste Between Fields Using Outlook 25
X VBA: Confused with variables between ThisOutlookSession and UserForm Using Outlook 1
R Slow Calendar Synch Between Outlook 2013 and iCloud Using Outlook 5
B Syncing Outlook 2010 between two computers Using Outlook 1
F I want simple syncing between my 3 PCs and Android devices. Using Outlook 1
S Syncing Email Between Computers Using Outlook 6
S Share between 2000 and 2010 Using Outlook 3
A Network Permissions for sharing calenders between exchange severs Using Outlook 1
S Calendar sharing problmes between Outlook 2007 &amp; 2010 Exchange Server Administration 0
R Share ost between connector and exchange cache mode = "everything everywhere" Using Outlook 3
J switching BCM between to computers BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Copying data between atbs in a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Public folder replication between Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
T Categories not persisted between sessions in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
L Programmatically moving between pages in a form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Copying outlook macros between pcs Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Adding date Validation between 2 months Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3

Similar threads

Top