Anyone found a way to customize search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chockomonkey

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I love how BCM has instant search and filter fields everywhere, however it sometimes doesn't include the field we need to search on. Has anyone here found a way to tell BCM, "hey... search these fields as well!"

that'd be sweell,

thanks!

AFAIK, the filters are not customizable beyond what the fields they offer.

Sorry if I wasn't clear--the filters actually do offer the field "Office Location", but we're trying to get the instant-search boxes to recognize this field as well. We often need to look up "NY Group" or w/e we have in that field to see all accounts belonging together.

Have you seen a place to do this?

Interesting, that field is available in Advanced Find but not in Instant search (at least not as office or offlicelocation)

Googling around, I found a post on the BCM blog. It's regarding BCM 2007, but it is directly related to what I'm trying to do.

A link to the post: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bcm/archive...s-for-search-in-business-contact-manager.aspx

This excerpt is about custom field searching, it references some search operators which no longer seem to work.

Q: Is it possible to search user -defined fields?

A: In the Instant Search box, type the user -defined field name followed by a colon :)) and the value you are searching for. For example, if you have a user-defined filed called “Contract terms” and you are searching for”4”. You would type:

Contract terms: 4 in the Instant Search box.

Does anyone remember using these in 2007 BCM? They don't seem to work in my 2010 version. I can't see any reason they'd have for removing the ability to use search operators. maybe they've just changed?

eHow to get sexy legs like this? (PIC)?

eI was shocked those 3 states went blue in 2008, I did think the Democrats would win but not those 3 states, do you think those states are going to remain blue states now?rnrnIf so why? If not why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P anyone use 4n6' Eudora Conversion program or other programs? Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2021 Can anyone explain why my Outlook views keep changing?! Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is anyone else having problem conneccting to gmail? Using Outlook 27
D Anyone tell me where custom view settings are stored? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
A from Arthur to anyone I need your expertise assistance Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
O Importing Mbox - anyone out there having experience with this tool... Using Outlook 2
J Can Anyone Help?? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M can anyone recommend an alternative to DS auto-followup? Using Outlook 2
V Anyone Using CodeTwo Sync for iCloud ? Using Outlook 28
S Anyone know how to transfer Outlook Express "Identities" to Outlook 2010 ... Using Outlook 1
M Anyone with this Microsoft Outlook issue can help? Using Outlook 1
R Anyone have a sample macro for Outlook 2007 (setting the zoom)? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 213 keeps crashing. I just found out there are DMP files. How can I tell Why? Using Outlook 2
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 After a search in all mailboxes, where is each message that was found? Using Outlook 6
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
shrydvd Highlight found RegEx pattern Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
A VBAProject.OTM Not Found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T outlook.com opens with "item not found" Using Outlook 1
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Automate Outlook Start - No Active Explorer Object Found Using Outlook 10
K How to access emails found to be located in "Top of Outlook data file"? Using Outlook 3
G Calendar folder cannot be found (tasks folder cannot be found) Using Outlook 2
T Desktop alerts show but no emails found Using Outlook 1
R Inbox search, current folder, it's in there-but not found. Using Outlook 2
K After Carbonite restore pst files are found in a weird location Using Outlook 2
R Exchange - Locating a user that has log files but is not found using powershell Exchange Server Administration 1
G Script in rule to send to multiple emails found in message bo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
J An attempt operation failed. An object could not be found at line5. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O "Cannot create message because a data file...could not be found" Using Outlook 1
R Clip art search alway no result found in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Odd error message not found in Google search Using Outlook 1
M "No database found" but successful connection to SQL server.What am I missing? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
E Outlook PST files disappear, only found temp file HELP: Using Outlook 1
R Lost Outlook 2007 message found in OWA Using Outlook 4
A 5.7.1 Recipient not authorized, your IP has been found on a block list Using Outlook 1
O Lost attachment found but hidden in msg! Help!! Using Outlook 1
D Found and Lost Outlook Add-ins Using Outlook 0
C User defined field not found in any views prints. Cannot locate to delete. Using Outlook 2
K Outlook insert clip art, no results found...address book contacts only show up Using Outlook 5
B Task List in To-Do Bar 'The operation failed. An object could not be found' Using Outlook 3
M The macro name.ThisOutlookSession.DisplayMyForm cannot be found. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Cannot Send - "Operation failed. An object cannot be found" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A path of documents can't be found BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Outlook 2021 How to customize colors Outlook 2021 & Office 2021 on PC Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Trying to customize the ribbon but can't figure this one out Using Outlook 3