[outlook-users] outlook 2007 Sp2: Error message to quit outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

justino garcia

I keep getting an error, even after repairing office.

The error message is : "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A Program error

occured. Quit Outlook and Microsoft Windows and then start again.

I also did outlook /resetnavpane and did not fix it.

I ran outlook in safemode, it did run a bit slow, did not prompt the error

message.

I removed add-ins, and reinstalled using MSI provided by the software and

still I am getting error message.

Any ideas, I am on exchange 2010, and not using cache mode.

Thanks.
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
J

justino garcia

I am on windows 7 sp1 32 bit..

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Diane Poremsky <diane (AT) slipstick (DOT) com> wrote:


> Are you running outlook in compatibility mode?
> http://www.slipstick.com/problems/cannot-start-outlook-error-message/

> Does it work in Safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook
> then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message
> asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

>
 
J

justino garcia

Thanks,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM, justino garcia <jgarciaitlist (AT) gmail (DOT) com>wrote:


> I am on windows 7 sp1 32 bit..

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Diane Poremsky <diane (AT) slipstick (DOT) com>wrote:
>
> > Are you running outlook in compatibility mode?
> > http://www.slipstick.com/problems/cannot-start-outlook-error-message/
>

>> Does it work in Safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook
> > then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message
> > asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.
>

>
>>
 
J

justino garcia

Closed outlook, removed the .xml file and restarted same issue.

I will do more research...

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM, justino garcia <jgarciaitlist (AT) gmail (DOT) com>wrote:


> Thanks,

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM, justino garcia <jgarciaitlist (AT) gmail (DOT) com>wrote:
>
> > I am on windows 7 sp1 32 bit..
>

>
>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Diane Poremsky <diane (AT) slipstick (DOT) com>wrote:
> >
> >> Are you running outlook in compatibility mode?
> >> http://www.slipstick.com/problems/cannot-start-outlook-error-message/
> >
>>> Does it work in Safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook
> >> then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message
> >> asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.
> >
>>
>>>
 
J

justino garcia

Recreating a new Mapi profile fixed the issue ODD :(

Thanks

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:23 PM, justino garcia <jgarciaitlist (AT) gmail (DOT) com>wrote:


> Closed outlook, removed the .xml file and restarted same issue.
> I will do more research...

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM, justino garcia <jgarciaitlist (AT) gmail (DOT) com>wrote:
>
> > Thanks,
>

>
>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM, justino garcia <jgarciaitlist (AT) gmail (DOT) com>wrote:
> >
> >> I am on windows 7 sp1 32 bit..
> >
>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Diane Poremsky <diane (AT) slipstick (DOT) com>wrote:
> >
>>>> Are you running outlook in compatibility mode?
> >>> http://www.slipstick.com/problems/cannot-start-outlook-error-message/
> >>
>>>> Does it work in Safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook
> >>> then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message
> >>> asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.
> >>
>>>
>>>>
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Not necessarily odd - it just means that one of the support files in your profile was corrupt.
 
J

justino garcia

Thanks,

I think it may be due to network connection issues.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Diane Poremsky <diane (AT) slipstick (DOT) com> wrote:


> Not necessarily odd - it just means that one of the support files in your
> profile was corrupt.

>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Outlook.com calendar as Group Calendar for Outlook 2013 users Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D Preventing users to disable an Outlook Add-in Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
C Outlook 2010, Need to restrict domain users from installing any sort of a addin in outlook Using Outlook 2
T Auto synching a single contact folder for multiple Outlook users with Exchange Exchange Server Administration 9
E Inform other Outlook users Using Outlook 1
K Editing a .PRF file for new users after deploying Outlook 2010 with MSP Using Outlook 5
J Multiple users on Outlook 2010 with one Windows login - privacy? Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2003 - 2 Users Receiving messages that are garbled Using Outlook 25
C [outlook-users] Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 14
J [outlook-users] Icloud + Mapi profile + Using Outlook 1
S [outlook-users] Create contact group from other user's contacts Using Outlook 1
C [outlook-users] Display Name Using Outlook 3
C [outlook-users] email notification Using Outlook 7
T [outlook-users] e masil forwarding Using Outlook 2
C [outlook-users] Public Contact Folder not Listed under contacts tab Using Outlook 3
R [outlook-users] Messages won't archive Using Outlook 5
G [outlook-users] New PST Using Outlook 2
J Re: [outlook-users] track time in outlook 2007 cal Using Outlook 2
B [outlook-users] Re: Why have I gotten to many "reminders" for birthdays that "occurred" on Jan. 1??? Using Outlook 3
B set deafult view in public folder for all users from outlook 2010 64bit Using Outlook 0
S Need decent intro to BCM for Outlook users BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Outlook 2007 and 2010 for multiple calendar users Using Outlook 1
B Scheduling a Meeting Resource (Room) with a conflict doesn't indicate any conflict on users calendar in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Looking for client-side method (Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007) for users to delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Some Users Use Regular Outlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
U Publishing Outlook forms to a subset of users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 0
K Outlook Office 365 VBA download attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
I Outlook is stuck at "Updating Calendar" Using Outlook 1
AmonRa Outlook 365 calendar - too much white space Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
C-S-R How to clear an Outlook (To Do) Task Flag? Using Outlook 8
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2019 UI changes after 20H2 update Using Outlook 1
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007 crash linked to gdiplus.dll Using Outlook 0
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
A OutLook For Mac 16.46 Comes Up In Small Window When Opening Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 - Automatic purge fail Using Outlook 0
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Horsepower Moving emails between folder Outlook for Mac Outlook Wishlist 8
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0

Similar threads

Top