Outlook 2010 and Icloud multiple calenders problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jegerikke

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi

info: use Outlook 2010 with multiple calenders as main calender and syncs ti iphone 4s (5.0.1) and ipad (1gen)

i got some problems with this. the syncing og multiple calenders works fine.

problem one: if i tru to move a appointment from one calender to another i get at error and cant move it. i think its a premission thing but cant figure it out.

problem two: i can make a appointment and add like a pdf. but if i try to add a pictures like a pictures (not like a attachment) i get a error.

hope some on can help me. if you guys need more info, please ask.

sorry for some bad spelling.

What is the error message you get when you try to move appointments between calendars?

I'll check on embedding - but I does not surprise me that it fails. Embedded objects are handled differently and not supported by all clients.

the error is not in english but i can try to translate: it stands: can not copy the elements. can not complete copying. elements are maybe moved or deleted, or you may not have the right permissions.

I'll see if I can repro - are you moving from icloud's calendar to outlook or outlook to icloud?

i make 99,5% off my appointments in outlook and just lets it sync to icloud.

i se that the main calender folder that my calenders are laying under is called Icloud. dont know if that is some info you needed

is there any place i can change the permissions for read/write?

There are no permissions that I am aware of - and it sounds like it's configured correctly. But you should be able to create or move appts into the icloud. I'll see if I can repro it. I don't use icloud on my main computer because all my accounts sync over the air with my ipad - but I have one computer configured with icloud for testing.

There are no permissions that I am aware of - and it sounds like it's configured correctly. But you should be able to create or move appts into the icloud. I'll see if I can repro it. I don't use icloud on my main computer because all my accounts sync over the air with my ipad - but I have one computer configured with icloud for testing.

Hi

have you tested something?

i still have problems with moving appointments around im my own multiple calenders and i can still not save photos in my appointments (like jpg logos and stuff).

The hard drive on that system crashed and I finally got it recovered last night. I will be checking on this and another icloud issue later this morning.

The hard drive on that system crashed and I finally got it recovered last night. I will be checking on this and another icloud issue later this morning.

I have the same problem, outlook only allows copy or drag and drop appointments into the default calendar, not to other calendars. the default calendar is the one selected as the default data file in account settings. Unfortunately if you select 'icloud' account as the default data file you cannot open outlook - it will give an error message. so we are stuck! if you receive an invite it will go to the default cal not necessarily the cal you want.

I am awaiting a work around myself, but maybe outlook is the problem!

I have 32-bit Outlook 2010 on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. Only the Windows 7 Outlook can be synched with iCloud, but I primarily work on the XP desktop. I manually drag appointments and contacts between the two Outlooks via shared folders.

The XP Outlook has several calendars that are subfolders of the main Calendar. The Win 7 Outlook has corresponding Calendars under iCloud. Contacts also have subfolders in the same way.

I have found that copying appointments and contacts to the iCloud can be hit or miss. Sometimes they can be dragged from the shared folder to the iCloud calendar or contacts in Outlook and sometimes I get an error message. I’ve never been able to copy appointments between iCloud calendars, but have no problem doing this in the non-iCloud version.

Recently, one of my iCloud calendars literally disappeared. All appointments are there in List view, but they are not there in Calendar view. They cannot be double-clicked on in Calendar view and they do not show on the right hand side of Outlook in the appointments list.

All new appointments also disappear. They are only there in List view. This is true whether the appointment is added by being dragged from the shared folder or if I highlight a few hours on the calendar and right mouse click to create a new appointment.

I copied all the appointments in List view (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and pasted them into a regular Windows 7 folder. I created an empty non-iCloud calendar, then pasted the appointments into that. It looks normal.

I tried creating an empty iCloud calendar and pasting the appointments, but just before copy completion I get an error message about permissions or moved or deleted items, and it fails.

Note that only one of my iCloud calendars has this disappearing behavior. The others still work normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.