Removing Pop3 accounts on mulitple computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darinb

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
My job currently has an Exchange email account, and a Pop3 account. We are getting rid of the Pop3 email accounts across the organization.

Is there a way that you can remove Pop3 email accounts without having to manually log into every computer (around 150 computers)?

I found this link which is pretty helpful, it shows that I don't have to log into each different user on the computers to remove the email.

Add or remove an e-mail account - Outlook - Office.com

If anyone has done this before or has any suggestions I would be really grateful.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The instructions in the link require you to access the computer's control panel, mail applet to edit the profile, so yes, you do need to log into the computer.

If you were lucky enough to have added the accounts using a PRF file (so every profile is identical) you could remove it using a script. Otherwise, you need to look for values in the registry and delete the account keys. I don't have any scripts that can do that though.

Darinb

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Well sometimes we have multiple users per PC. The instructions in the link implied to me that you could see all mail profiles on a computer without having to have each individual person log in. I might have read it wrong though.

Otherwise, you need to look for values in the registry and delete the account keys. I don't have any scripts that can do that though.
Do you have the location on where those registry keys are? Are the Pop3 emails labeled something specific compared to Exchange accounts? That would help me out a lot.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You read it wrong, although it is not very clear.

The profile is in Windows messaging subsystem.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Accounts are in the profile level and also in a subkey -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\0000000x (x = this number varies with your profile.)

This shows the folder in one profile and has the folder expanded in a second profile on my computer.

profile.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.