Previously flagged messages not archiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsterid

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
My client is running Outlook 2007 SP3. We recently made the registry change to allow Archiving to use the Received date instead of the Modified date (ArchiveIgnoreLastModifiedTime).
After the registry change, his Inbox count went down from 15,000 messages to 8,000 - a good start.
Then he noticed that Flagged messages were not Archiving. But even after marking them as Complete or clearing the Flag, the messages still won't Archive - using a manual Archive on the folder.
The only suggested fix I've seen is that the Outlook Profile might be corrupt. Creating a new Profile with 3 different mail accounts and linking them back to three .pst files would be cumbersome though. So far, I haven't found any discussions in Outlook communities where someone has confirmed that creating a new Profile fixed the problem.

Any ideas?
Sam

Did you check for the do not archive tag? Or use the option to include items marked do not archive... or manual archive is not using the received date.

Thanks Diane

I believe manual Archive is working on the Received date with messages that were not previously flagged - but I'll double check.

Do Not AutoArchive is not checked in Properties on these messages, but I'll try checking the box in Archive settings to include those anyway.

But I won't be able to try this until Sat. morning.

btw - do you happen to know if Do Not AutoArchive would be ignored when a Manual Archive is done?

OP says:

I did nothing special, but the problem seems to have cleared up; everything is Archiving ok now. (Did not have to recreate Profile)

Thanks - Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Spell Checker Changes -- Not as Predictive as Previously Using Outlook 3
B Print list of previously sent recipients Using Outlook 1
J Changed my "From" email address creates problem with previously saved contacts Using Outlook 20
C compile error on previously functioning code outlook 2003 windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Can you load an OlkComboBox and show a previously selected value? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Flagged Emails highlighted in yellow Using Outlook 2
V Macro to count flagged messages? Using Outlook 2
L Ignore hyperlink from being flagged as false pattern Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Flagged emails in pst file corrupt to do list Using Outlook 12
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Create a Task when a Message is Flagged Using Outlook 0
M flagged contacts suddenly disappeared from Reminders Using Outlook 3
S VBA code to rename a task (flagged message) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Mark Rideout Search Folder of flagged messages including "tracked conversations" Using Outlook 2
W Searching Flagged Email Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
S automatically moving flagged sent e-mail to a special folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D flagged emails Using Outlook 1
T Outgoing Messages in the Reading Pane Cannot Be Flagged in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 6
R Flagged for Follow Up Search folder MIA after PST export/import Using Outlook 1
T How to see in "To do Bar" the flagged archived emails ? Using Outlook 6
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Question marks in messages Using Outlook 2
L How Stop Outlook Nag Messages Using Outlook 1
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 365 Forward Meeting Related Messages to Specific Meeting Organizer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
J Deliver new messages to New or Existing Data File? Using Outlook 2
M Messages Intermittently Dont Arrive In Sent Items After Sending Successfully Using Outlook 4
N Save selected messages VBA does not save replies and/or messages that contain : in subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
M White square in body of Outlook Messages (O2016 Version 2012 32bit Click To Run) Using Outlook 4
R Why doesn't outlook use "Normal" style for new messages? Using Outlook 4
S Customize the autocolor font choices for replying/forwarding messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Autoforward rule do not work for NDR messages Using Outlook 1
S Conditional Formatting for messages in a Conversation thread Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Items vs Sent Messages Using Outlook 2
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 customization of incoming messages Using Outlook 1
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1