Yahoo E-Mail Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

vze2mp9g

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I configured a Yahoo e-mail account for a friend, and she keeps telling me when ever Outlook 2013 checks for new mail, Outlook keeps asking for a password. She types in the correct password, and it still pops up. The settings are as follows:

Server

Account Type: IMAP

Incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com

User name: user@yahoo.com

Password: ********

Remember Password IS checked

More Settings...

Outgoing Server

My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checked

Use same settings as my incoming mail server checked

Advanced

Server Port Numbers

Incoming server (IMAP): 993

Use the following type of encrypted connection SSL

Outgoing server (SMTP): 587

Use the following type of encrypted connection Auto

I have a funny feeling that there is something wrong with the advanced settings, but then again, I could be wrong. You are the expert. Can you help?

Thank You.

David

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The settings look fine - you can try port 465 if the dialog comes up on send. Does she get the certificate dialog? Yahoo uses a wildcard certificate and outlook fusses over it. I get it all the time instead of the password dialog.

Does she check the account with other devices? Two clients checking at once can trigger the password dialog - to test, turn off everything except outlook.

vze2mp9g

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
The settings look fine - you can try port 465 if the dialog comes up on send. Does she get the certificate dialog? Yahoo uses a wildcard certificate and outlook fusses over it. I get it all the time instead of the password dialog.

Does she check the account with other devices? Two clients checking at once can trigger the password dialog - to test, turn off everything except outlook.

Okay, I THINK we have it now. We tried port 465 with SSL encryption. She and I never received anything about a certificate dialog box, always a password.

Yes, she has her mobile phone connected with Yahoo, and she claims that she never access her e-mail on her mobile phone and computer at the same time. Even I know that you can't do that because most mail servers will have a conflict over that.

But so far, we're doing find, no pop up password or certificate dialog box pops up yet. I'll give her a couple of days, and if I don't hear from her, you/we were successful.

Thank you again for your generous knowledge. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A yahoo mail doesn't send or receive reliably Using Outlook 1
S Outlook no longer works with Yahoo Mail Using Outlook 9
T sent mails in outlook 2010 not coming in the yahoo mail Using Outlook 1
O Sent mail from ( Yahoo ) appear on hotmail sent box Using Outlook 2
J Yahoo mail box does not open when I have oulook 2007 opend. Using Outlook 1
K New Outlook 2010, Windows 7 syncing with Yahoo.pop.mail. Using Outlook 2
T Compuserve, Yahoo, Oath2 and Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
M Using Outlook with Yahoo email Using Outlook 6
Diane Poremsky Online Services in Outlook: Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, AOL, GoDaddy New Slipstick.com Articles 1
D How to copy yahoo email folders to hard drive Using Outlook 2
K Outlook(hotmail)Yahoo problem Using Outlook 6
V Problem not having Contacts folder after importing emails from Yahoo. Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2010 slow with Yahoo IMAP Using Outlook 1
L Different characters transfered from Yahoo to Outlook Using Outlook 0
B Synced Yahoo to Outlook but don't want to receive all old emails in Outlook? Using Outlook 6
C After downloading Microsoft Office 2007 & Outlook it redirected all my e-mails from my sbcglobal.net YAHOO Home Page & Desk Top & I-Phone Using Outlook 2
M Outlook yahoo POP3 outgoing messages are not reaching destination. Sometime the messages reach the Using Outlook 10
D I cannot send out of outlook with 2003 and Yahoo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook email to configure setup for each mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Correct E-Mail Pulling Wrong Mail Using Outlook 5
S Outlook mail adressing stops after first match in GAL Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 All imported Mail Rules in error when imported into new profile Using Outlook 5
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
MrMayor SENT mail not reloading to top?? Using Outlook 4
Terry Sullivan Sender Field Displays My E-Mail Address, Not My Name Using Outlook 1
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 Opening Mail Attachment Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 25
D Mail in Sent Items Gone Using Outlook 12
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Mail absent from Sent Mail or Sent Items Folders Using Outlook 4
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook not receiving mail Using Outlook 1
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 2016 iPhone won't download Outlook 2016 Mail. Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
oliv- How to distinguish whether mail is incoming or outgoing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
Z Add text to auto-forwarded e-mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K HOW TO FIX AOL MAIL ISSUES? Using Outlook 0
O How to prevent CC from showing when creating a new mail? Using Outlook 1
I Junk Mail and PersonMetadata Using Outlook 2
T 3 months of archived e-mail is missing Using Outlook 1
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2016 sent over 30 copies of an e-mail with attachments Using Outlook 1