Yahoo E-Mail Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

vze2mp9g

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I configured a Yahoo e-mail account for a friend, and she keeps telling me when ever Outlook 2013 checks for new mail, Outlook keeps asking for a password. She types in the correct password, and it still pops up. The settings are as follows:

Server

Account Type: IMAP

Incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com

User name: user@yahoo.com

Password: ********

Remember Password IS checked

More Settings...

Outgoing Server

My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checked

Use same settings as my incoming mail server checked

Advanced

Server Port Numbers

Incoming server (IMAP): 993

Use the following type of encrypted connection SSL

Outgoing server (SMTP): 587

Use the following type of encrypted connection Auto

I have a funny feeling that there is something wrong with the advanced settings, but then again, I could be wrong. You are the expert. Can you help?

Thank You.

David

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The settings look fine - you can try port 465 if the dialog comes up on send. Does she get the certificate dialog? Yahoo uses a wildcard certificate and outlook fusses over it. I get it all the time instead of the password dialog.

Does she check the account with other devices? Two clients checking at once can trigger the password dialog - to test, turn off everything except outlook.

vze2mp9g

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
The settings look fine - you can try port 465 if the dialog comes up on send. Does she get the certificate dialog? Yahoo uses a wildcard certificate and outlook fusses over it. I get it all the time instead of the password dialog.

Does she check the account with other devices? Two clients checking at once can trigger the password dialog - to test, turn off everything except outlook.
Okay, I THINK we have it now. We tried port 465 with SSL encryption. She and I never received anything about a certificate dialog box, always a password.

Yes, she has her mobile phone connected with Yahoo, and she claims that she never access her e-mail on her mobile phone and computer at the same time. Even I know that you can't do that because most mail servers will have a conflict over that.

But so far, we're doing find, no pop up password or certificate dialog box pops up yet. I'll give her a couple of days, and if I don't hear from her, you/we were successful.

Thank you again for your generous knowledge. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D I am unable to setup my Outlook using my Yahoo.com mail account. HELP PLEASE!!!! Using Outlook 2
A yahoo mail doesn't send or receive reliably Using Outlook 1
S Outlook no longer works with Yahoo Mail Using Outlook 9
T sent mails in outlook 2010 not coming in the yahoo mail Using Outlook 1
O Sent mail from ( Yahoo ) appear on hotmail sent box Using Outlook 2
J Yahoo mail box does not open when I have oulook 2007 opend. Using Outlook 1
K New Outlook 2010, Windows 7 syncing with Yahoo.pop.mail. Using Outlook 2
L Keeping emails showing in yahoo mail after I use Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
C Can not start Outlook 2007. Since viewing my POP account (yahoo mail) Using Outlook 2
D Adding Multiple POP 3 Email Accounts like Gmail, Yahoo Mail To My Hotmail Account Using Outlook 1
N I can't change from Outlook to Yahoo! Mail as my default. Yahoo! Mail does not show up in the Intern Using Outlook 1
K I want to start using outlook as my primary mail service. How can I use Outlook with my existing Yahoo & Gmail accounts? Using Outlook 1
M Cannot import all folders from Yahoo mail Plus to Ms Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
L Transferring pop 3 account from Yahoo Mail to Outlook__ Using Outlook 1
L Transferring pop 3 account from Yahoo Mail to Outlook Using Outlook 2
H I Cannot Add a Yahoo Mail account to my Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
M Not possible sending mail to yahoo and gmail from my outlook Using Outlook 6
B Use a yahoo mail account to send emails with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
P Smart Folders in Outlook in sync with Yahoo Mail Plus? Using Outlook 1
V I am having a hard time setting up my yahoo mail in Outlook. Please help! Using Outlook 2
R How do I get Outlook 2010 to connect to Yahoo e-mail accounts and stay connected to hotmail accounts Using Outlook 4
L I recently started using my hot mail account through outlook. why did it start pulling all my yahoo account emails. how can I stop this?__ Using Outlook 2
M outlook connector with yahoo mail server Using Outlook 1
S Retrieving my yahoo e-mail Using Outlook 1
M Synchronizing Outlook 2010 using Yahoo Mail Using Outlook 3
P Importing e-mail folders from at&t yahoo mail into Outlook 07 Using Outlook 2
J I can use outlook. My mail is not forwarded from Yahoo mail to outlook Using Outlook 1
K can not get mail from yahoo Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
M Using Outlook with Yahoo email Using Outlook 6
Diane Poremsky Online Services in Outlook: Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, AOL, GoDaddy New Slipstick.com Articles 1
D How to copy yahoo email folders to hard drive Using Outlook 2
K Outlook(hotmail)Yahoo problem Using Outlook 6
V Problem not having Contacts folder after importing emails from Yahoo. Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2010 slow with Yahoo IMAP Using Outlook 1
L Different characters transfered from Yahoo to Outlook Using Outlook 0
B Synced Yahoo to Outlook but don't want to receive all old emails in Outlook? Using Outlook 6
C After downloading Microsoft Office 2007 & Outlook it redirected all my e-mails from my sbcglobal.net YAHOO Home Page & Desk Top & I-Phone Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2003 won't send emails to gmail or yahoo addresses Using Outlook 2
S Not able to establish Outlook on Windows server, office email, yahoo account Using Outlook 1
M Outlook yahoo POP3 outgoing messages are not reaching destination. Sometime the messages reach the Using Outlook 10
W Add yahoo email to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M I want to restore my inbox emails in yahoo server after being transfered to microsoft outlook. Using Outlook 2
B Problems since 10/15 downloads with MSOutlook and Yahoo. What gives? Using Outlook 1
M New Outlook 2010 Receives but doesn't delete messages from yahoo (on web page) Using Outlook 1
G I connect microsoft outlook with my yahoo email, after synchronisation I realised that all my inbox Using Outlook 1
T Problem receiving yahoo e mails through outlook 2003__error code 0x800CCC92 Using Outlook 0
W After Outlook 2010 Downloads Yahoo! POP Email, Yahoo! web client shows email as "read" even when unr Using Outlook 2
D I have Outlook 2007 and want to delete messages from the Yahoo server after downloading them. The instructions were not in your data base. How do I Using Outlook 1
R Cannot SEND emails from yahoo account set up in Outlook Using Outlook 4