Some emails not showing up in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

interzoid

Hello,

We are using Outlook 2010 with O365 hosted exchange.
There's a user that manually archives incoming email to a local archive folder (despite my suggestion not to do so).

Today she found that emails from a specific dates interval (approx. from end of january to beginning of march 2014) were not appearing in said achive (nor in its subfolders). These "missing" emails can be found and opened when using the search box but will not be listed in folder view.
There is no filter set in folder view.

More puzzling yet, if I move one of these emails (from the search result window) to the inbox and then move it back to the folder archive, I am finally able to see it.

I already tried to open outlook with the /cleanviews and /safe switch. No change.

Any suggestion?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You may need to use scanpst on the archive. The usual cause is a filter but cleanviews would remove it.

Do your accounts have a 50 GB mailbox quota? Tell her to use a folder within the mailbox instead, so its backed up. Or you could set a group policy that blocks pst files so she has to use the mailbox.

interzoid

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately scanpst did not solve the problem.

Following your other suggestion, I have moved the local archive to the mailbox, and now the missing emails can be seen through OWA. They're still not showing un in outlook, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Outlook for G Suite emails showing wrong dates Using Outlook 4
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
B Emails from a single gmail address not showing in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
Sarge USMC Outlook 13 inbox not showing emails Using Outlook 2
I My emails showing in OH's outlook Using Outlook 1
D Images showing up as X's in Outlook 2003 emails. Outlook is set to HTML and Prevent Picture downloa Using Outlook 2
L Keeping emails showing in yahoo mail after I use Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 stopped showing images in emails Using Outlook 1
M Missing headers in sent emails when showing in groups in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon not showing in Outlook 2003 on some emails with attachment Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2007 not showing hyperlinks (in automated emails sent in plain text.) Using Outlook 11
3 New emails not showing up Using Outlook 5
0 Emails showing up in Search results, but not visible otherwise Using Outlook 3
D Text Of Facebook Status Updates & Posted Photos NOT Showing In Emails Using Outlook 3
P Attachment Icon (paperclip) not showing for some emails with Attachments Outlook Wishlist 3
D New emails arent showing up in my gmail folder Using Outlook 11
N I set up contact group and when I try to send emails to groups, I get invalid recipient message (showing the group name) and no messages are sent Using Outlook 2
S How can I get rid of hard returns showing in all emails created? Using Outlook 1
J Mass Emails - Showing only one email in TO box Using Outlook 1
M Sent emails not showing in SENT folder Using Outlook 2
C Emails not showing up in Subfolders Using Outlook 2
B Emails not showing up in subfolders Using Outlook 1
G OL 2K10 OC 32bit Win 7: Hotmail emails not showing up even though it downloads OK Using Outlook 2
C Sent emails not showing up. Using Outlook 3
D Received emails not showing sender Using Outlook 2
E I have Microsoft Office: Mac 2008 Business Edition trouble with email signatures not showing up in my replies to emails Using Outlook 1
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 1
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Group of emails Using Outlook 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
P Flagging emails in conversations Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
M Filter Conversations - Filter Out Single Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F not receiving emails until i re-login Using Outlook 2
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Record opened emails for reopening later Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Deleting emails from storage folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0