jump to body in open message with one keyboard shortcut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igrokit

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I know about TAB and shift-TAB and also SPACE/shift-SPACE But please read on.
I like to do as much as possible over the keyboard. But for this, I did not find a shortcut. Is there one?

If I receive a message which has several pages of text, I obviously need to scroll the body part of the open message to read. Yet, if I open a message, the body part is not active. I first have to click into the body part to be able to use the arrow keys or page up/down. I can TAB into the body, but unfortunately, depending on the message type, if it's part of a thread or some other reasons I was not able to figure out, I have to TAB between 1 and 5 times to end up in the body part. Only then I can use the arrow or pg-up/pg-down keys.

If I had the reading pane enabled, I could use SPACE or shift-SPACE. Yet, if I open the message in a separate window, that does not work.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that allows me to directly scroll the body of an open message?

Dan

Try F6 to jump to the message. Oh wait, that might be reading pane. :(

In Outlook 2013 (haven't checked 2010 yet), the body is active when you open the message, if you don't click elsewhere or press the alt key.

Thanks Diane,

Pity... but perhaps a compelling reason to switch to 2013? ;-)
Dan

It might be the only compelling reason. :) Actually, I really like 2013 but a lot of people don't like the blandness, whiteness of it. Once you get past that (turning monitor brightness down about 20% helps) Outlook 2013 is nice IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 8
R Search/Jump to a folder by typing its name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 jump to actual folder from favorite Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2013: How did "Inbox" emails jump straight to the "Recover Deleted Items" Folder? Using Outlook 2
A In Contacts Phone List View, allow alpha jump w/single key, same as Card views Using Outlook 4
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
K Incorporate selection from combobox into body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2019 Regex email addresses from body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Copy Appointment Body to Task Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Beeto Replace a string in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S New Outlook Appointment - Select All Body Text and Change Font and Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J How do you disable address search box when typing @ in body of email? Using Outlook 0
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
M Autoforward just attachment OR just body. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Place jpg in body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Create new email from the received Email Body with attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
J Implement Keywords based on body message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M White square in body of Outlook Messages (O2016 Version 2012 32bit Click To Run) Using Outlook 4
P Forwarding emails issue with special characters replacing text body Using Outlook 1
Witzker Pls help to change the code for inserting date in Ol contact body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Z Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M VBA to auto forward message with new subject and body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
P Insert link in email body to attached document in Outlook 365 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Space in an Outlook appointment body Using Outlook 0
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12