Editing contacts and adding photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2021 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
If I click the "Add Contact Picture" placeholder on the "classical" contact item form, it opens a dialog box for browsing on local drive (as usual). Is there any way in Outlook 2013 to semi-automatically "pull" the photo from social network (e.g. Facebook) and add it to the contact (that is, without looking for it on the web, saving it, and then adding it manually to the contact item)?

One more thing... searching for contacts from quickbar or ribbon (clicking there or pressing F11) now opens a "modern" contact card with both local and social networking data. Is it possible to open the usual one there?

No, you can't pull it to add to contacts. The mail header and social connector can pull it in. They need to rewrite the contact photo feature to make it dynamic and to pull in the social network photos.

I wonder... if you could use VBA to grab the picture from the social connector... if it could grab the photo, it can update the contact.

I guess I can live without it for now. :)
What about the other thing, opening contacts in the "classic" contact card interface from the (F11) search box, is it still doable somehow? Right now I have to go to Contacts, Business Card view, to do this.

if you are using people view, you get the goofy cards, also if you use the Search Address Book button. I don't know of anyway to get rid of that foo-foo card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
kburrows Outlook 2013 - Inline Editing of Contacts Using Outlook 4
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
S Leaving ActiveExplorer open for editing after Sub is done Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Separate Read Layout Editing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Editing Tasks in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 6
N editing drafts - won't let me save Using Outlook 12
evdbogaard How to dock the Styles Task Pane in the e-mail editing window? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Forward Message after editing attachments and include edited attachments Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Editing the Subject Line in Outlook Using Outlook 0
Q Editing an outlook. Template file (Otk) Using Outlook 1
mrje1 Note Field (Any way to do incell editing) Using Outlook 7
D Conflict warning while editing Exchange Server Administration 0
S Editing an email with notes and saving it for record using Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Philip Rose Recreating a WORD Editing Macro to use in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Brendan.Z Outlook 2013 signature editing issue Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Pasting VBA code (and other editing) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V Outlook 2003 editing problem Using Outlook 4
M Editing tasks: highlight & copy/cut NOT working in Calendar entries Using Outlook 4
L Editing auto reply email from a shared mailbox? Exchange Server Administration 7
K Editing a .PRF file for new users after deploying Outlook 2010 with MSP Using Outlook 5
A outlook printing assistant Help editing template Using Outlook 3
B Editing Calendar Categories Using Outlook 3
C Outlook editing won't select just one word Using Outlook 1
T WAB editing: To help prevent malicious code from running.......... Using Outlook 18
G Editing the Read Receipt Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Editing Forms Using Outlook 3
J Joint Calendar Sharing - Editing Using Outlook 1
F add new panel to email editing window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Editing Mailing List BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook or Phone Combining Contacts? Using Outlook 0
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0