How to block time in another calendar without invite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igrokit

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have two exchange accounts, both in the same outlook 2013 profile. I show both calendars in my calendar view. One is for work and one is private.
What I want is that if I make an entry in my private calendar, the same time is blocked automatically in my work calendar (if possible with same attributes like out of office, busy, tentative, free). However, I do not want to invite my work identify to all my private entries. I know I can show both calendars side by side or even overlay, but that would not help me.
Let's say I have a private meeting from 10 to 12 with Peter, I want to send the meeting invite to Peter from my private identity/account only. At the same time, the time 10 to 12 should be blocked in my work calendar, since I do not want that my work colleauges send me an invite for say 11 to 12. They should see that I am already blocked.
On the other hand, entries in my work calendar do not have to block time in my private calendar.

Is there a way to do that without having to invite my work identity for each of my private calendar entries?
Thanks
Dan

Thanks a lot, Diane.
Looks like the macro would do what I was looking for. quite some discussions on the code samples. Hopefully I am able to extract what I need
As it was said by some commenters there, I am also not quite a geek with macros. But I will try.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Outlook - Macro to block senders domain - Macro Fix Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J How to Block junk/spam domain Using Outlook 0
E Macro to block senders domain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Exchange 2019 - MICROSOFT-CORP-MSN-AS-BLOCK Exchange Server Administration 0
N Auto-complete - block select emails Using Outlook 3
L Block email signature image Using Outlook 1
J Object Variable or With Block Not Set Error in Outlook 2016 and not Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Block Macros in Office 2013/2016 Using Outlook 0
A Block user to send emails to specific set of email ids Using Outlook 1
O Block outlook appoinments Using Outlook 1
R How to Block from sending mail to public domain. Using Outlook 8
H In Exchange 2010, how to block an email containing an attachment that has foreign characters Exchange Server Administration 1
Wotme VBA to block senders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A 5.7.1 Recipient not authorized, your IP has been found on a block list Using Outlook 1
S Block read receipt when outlook is configured to Exchange server Using Outlook 0
M Change font of from/to/subject block Using Outlook 1
O Block sender option disappeared? Using Outlook 3
L Block others from inserting appointments in your calendar Using Outlook 3
M block emails with specific subjects BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
X Highlight block of text in an outlook mail using c#2008 vsto Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Otlk 2007 does not block when in "always prompt for..." mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
C Copy from one Profile to another Using Outlook 0
P Tweak vba so it can target another mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Move emails from one account to another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Clear one category when another is chosen Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to transfer things from one calendar to another Using Outlook 2
S Email Generated from another program and then edited sends original email. Using Outlook 2
R Time for another article on contact cards? Using Outlook 0
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Message search and edit, another way? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
D Importing Outlook Categories from another domain (Exchange 2016/Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 4
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
R "Can't store Outlook data files under the AppData folder. Please choose another folder." Using Outlook 6
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
M Moving mail to another folder is much slower than before (Office365) Using Outlook 0
CWM030 Another Quarantine question Exchange Server Administration 0
D Any updates or fixes that would make this code stop working just moving emails to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
B Moving account, contacts & emails to another H/D with MSOutlook Using Outlook 5
M Shortcut to another outlook item Using Outlook 0
Sabastian Samuel HOW DO I FORWARD AN EMAIL WITH MACRO using an email that in the body of another email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Unread Until Click Another Message? Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Another reinstall of Outlook 2010 issue Using Outlook 10
M code to move selected Outlook contacts to another folder Using Outlook 3
D Help with code to move mail on receipt to another folder based on time received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M FW Email via Outlook and another requirement Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1