Outlook 2016: Can't delete default calendar but I don't use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

boppy2010

Hi guys,

My email is an imap account and my only calendar is an iCloud account.

I can't delete the default calendar but it just gets in the way as I never use it. I can't change the default calendar to be my iCloud account.

Am I missing a way to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance for advice,

Jo

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, you aren't missing anything - outlook needs a default calendar in the default data file. What version of Outlook? If 2013/2016, if the imap folders are set as default, icloud should move the calendar into the imap trash folder.

boppy2010

No, you aren't missing anything - outlook needs a default calendar in the default data file. What version of Outlook? If 2013/2016, if the imap folders are set as default, icloud should move the calendar into the imap trash folder.
Yeah, 2016, not nope, still stuck with the default one. And let's not even get started on how to deal with calendar requests to my non-iCloud calendar ...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yeah, requests are a pita because outlook puts them on the calendar belonging to the account that received it, if there is a calendar in that account's data file.

Is it an imap account with the calendar tagged 'this computer only' ?

boppy2010

Hi Diane,

The imap account is default, but says nothing about this computer only. I have it on my phone and tablet also.

The default Outlook calendar is "this computer only" but it will not let me delete or even rename it.

In Options I have told it to make the default calendar blue, but still my iCloud calendar shows green.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The 'this computer only' addition is because the imap data file is set as default and the contents of those folders can't be backed up. Can you set the icloud data file as default and does outlook work when you do? This works with some, but not all, versions. If it works, you can delete the imap ost and let outlook rebuild it - but if its ever set as default again, the this computer only folders will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.