added new calendar, now not syncing to windows phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

astro46

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Outlook 2016 vl version. Windows 10 mobile phone.
after reading about the wrong date for election day, I deleted the existing HOL in Outlook, added the new one. I also added a new calendar for Jewish Holidays, which I downloaded from a website. It is not the Jewish Holiday calendar offered by the outlook.live website. I find that Outlook calendar needs three tabs open (Calendar, US Holidays, Jewish Holidays) for me to see all 3 at same time. I have merged them.

However, the Windows phone, which syncs to Outlook.live exchange server doesn't show the Jewish Holidays. Only Outlook and US holiday calendars.

I have looked, but can't find a setting to include All calendars on phone, or to make sure all calendars sync.
What am I missing?

Last edited:
Deleting the HOL calendar to replace with a new one has turned into more of a problem then I originally realized.
after turning on the inferior "Jewish Religious Holiday" calendar at the Onedrive>calendar site, it syncs to my phone.

However:
1.I would rather be using the Jewish Holiday calendar that I found on the web, plus

2. the calendars (my outlook xxx@address.com, US hol calendar and my Jewish holidays)don't stay open. every time I start Outlook the US hol and my jewish holidays calendars are not showing. I need to re-check them each start.

any ideas on how to get the calendars to stay "showing" between starts, and get my choice of calendars to sync between devices?

clarification regarding item 2 above: web research has caused me to notice that the calendar listed first in list of "my calendars" is the one that opens automatically when Outlook opens. the other two that were open when when last using Outlook are not open. So, the question is: how to get Outlook to automatically reopen those calendars next time it starts?

I am making some headway. I discovered that turning on US holidays at outlook.com, and adding the Jewish Holiday calendar from web to outlook.com (have to be logged on to outlook.com. the calendar somehow finds the correct location and adds itself), and then turning it on, then going to phone and turning off/0n various calendars in calendar menu got me the US and Jewish holidays .

so, phone question seems to be answered, for now.
I still can't figure out how to get US and Jewish holidays to show up in Outlook calendar on desktop. Apparently outlook.com doesn't sync to desktop computer the same as to phone. Desktop computer has its list of calendars to open and doesn't remember from session to session which were used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2013 Script Assistance - Save Opened Link with Subject Added Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S newly added shared mailboxes downloading 500GB data a day Exchange Server Administration 1
O Adding a new account - "CompanyL (none)" line is added Using Outlook 5
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R 2 email accounts, only 1 gets signatures added on new email. Using Outlook 1
Kristine RS box added in Favorites disappears Using Outlook 6
J DisablePST = 2 : Only Sharing-Exclusive PSTs can be added Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 client not showing newly added Contacts but... Using Outlook 5
S Check if two organisition is added then i have to give managers passward creteria to send mail Using Outlook 1
S Newly added user doesn't show up in GAL but available in OWA, Using Outlook 0
O BCM 13 added leads to an outlook 13 contact subfolder BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Commodore Suggested Contacts by last added Using Outlook 1
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
H Automatic excel data added to Certain Emails that are received Using Outlook 3
O "Int-" prefix added to sender's address Using Outlook 4
K External Mtg Invitees have =SMTP: added to email address after mtg saved Using Outlook 5
C extra characters added to email when exporting Using Outlook 2
E Properties added to MailItem in ItemSend event visible to recipien Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Buttons are added multiple times in New Inspector window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H remove auto added signature macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Multiple Toolbars being added/Multiple Buttons being added to Mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0