How to get Meeting Invitations into Outlook.com calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brynn

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Diane,

Forgive me if this has been asked already. When meeting invitations are accepted by my colleague (using Outlook on his desktop), they are stored in the "this computer only" calendar. We need the meetings to be stored in the Outlook.com calendar so that I can see them too.

I believe his Outlook.com account has been moved over to the new format (is that EAS? now called outlook.live.com).

Can you tell me in baby steps how we can set it up so that the appointments are automatically stored into his outlook.com calendar (which is already set up in Outlook and selected as the default data file).

THANK YOU! You've always been a great help to me in the past.

Brynn

this tells me you have an imap account and the imap data file is set as default - meetings sent to this address go into the calendar associated with the date file. Set the outlook.com data file as the default (data file only - leave the email account as is) then close outlook and delete the imap ost. outlook will create a new one without the calendar and contacts folders. Before you do this, make sure the 'this computer only' folders are empty.
More info is here - What you need to know about IMAP Accounts in Outlook 2013/2016

Hi Diane,

First of all, THANK you for your reply and help. We followed the directions in the "What you need to know about IMAP Accounts...." article.

We appeared to have success, in that the "this computer only" calendar disappeared, and when my colleague accepts a meeting invitation it goes into his one calendar (note in the image below the 3:30pm meeting "Testing Calendar Outlook" is in the light blue Calendar - nathan@nbTRF.com... which is his outlook.com calendar as viewed through Outlook on his laptop).

Screen-Shot-2016-11-10-at-5.25.04-PM.png

The problem is, the meeting still doesn't show up in the outlook.com calendar when I log into his account online:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-10-at-5.42.32-PM.png

Any suggestions?? I need to be able see the appointments he adds from meeting request.

Many thanks in advance!

Brynn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outlook.com (formerly hotmail.com) and sending meeting invitations Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 meeting invitations and Lotus Notes Using Outlook 0
M Recurring invitations for a recurring meeting Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 365 Forward Meeting Related Messages to Specific Meeting Organizer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Event/Meeting in Outlook Does Not Align with SharePoint Calendar Using Outlook 5
A Meeting organizer calendar intermittently drops meeting after delegate sends invite Using Outlook 0
A Meeting organizer calendar intermittently drops meeting after delegate sends invite Exchange Server Administration 0
C Create Meeting With Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
S Meeting with Time Slots Using Outlook 2
egarneau Meeting updates with external contacts (GMail) Using Outlook 1
L automaticaly create a teams meeting with a sync Using Outlook 0
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Meeting Invite arrives from Wrong ("send-as") Sender Using Outlook 1
Daniel Schunk Meeting responses are not shown in the status area Using Outlook 2
A End-time meeting reminder (or "negative" time relative to the meeting start time) Using Outlook 1
J Help Please!!! Outlook 2016 - VBA Macro for replying with attachment in meeting invite Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
T Pick-a-Meeting in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 2
J No response required when delegate arranging meeting Using Outlook 0
S Accepting meeting request from calendar keeps the meeting request in the inbox Using Outlook 2
D Add all meeting rooms to the meeting request by default Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Rick Rickert Would like bigger meeting notifications. Using Outlook 3
G Auto accept meeting request for non primary account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Next Available Meeting with Userform Variables Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2016 shows Meeting Organizer in Calendar View Using Outlook 5
C Update Notes for Meeting Attendees Using Outlook 8
D Outlook macros to create meeting on shared calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
P Skype contact icons have disappeared at the bottom of email and meeting objects Using Outlook 2
T Double clik behavior on agenda open a new meeting request Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Autoaccept a Meeting Request using Rules Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Close a Meeting When the Room is Full Using Outlook 0
A Attendee Update Outlook Meeting Invite Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky iPhone and the Meeting Request Bug Using Outlook 0
P Receiving a Meeting Declined notice for a recurring meeting Using Outlook 0
A Customize meeting form. Private notices Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A VBA to create meeting from template from a time slot selected in someone's calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Diane Poremsky Meeting Location Warning Message Using Outlook 0
B Meeting Accept option greyed out Using Outlook 0
A Custom form not showing when recurrence is set for a meeting Using Outlook 0
S Meeting room booking report Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky How to Create a Pick-a-Meeting Request Using Outlook 0
Britonius Locate Cause of Deleted Meeting Using Outlook 0
C Problem tracking meeting responses Using Outlook 3
I Creating meeting invite with disabled tentative button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
GoofyDK Office365 and meeting ressources Using Outlook 2
G how to cancel a recurring meeting but not the organizer but all attendees need to know. Using Outlook 1
O Add private notes or comments to Outlook meeting invite Using Outlook 4
R Declining Meeting Using Outlook 2