Locate Cause of Deleted Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britonius

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
We are using Outlook 2010 on Exchange 2010 servers.

I have a client who was the organizer of a recurring meeting via their Delegate. Somehow the meeting was found in their Recover Deleted Items folder, and I was able to restore it back to their calendar. However, the meeting was still on the attendees calendars and the conference room calendar, and no one saw a meeting cancellation. This person has four people who have access to their calendar, but one primary delegate. They also have their iPhone and iPad linked to their Exchange account to view their calendar from those devices. I am trying to figure out the cause of who or what deleted it and therefore why the meeting was removed and apparently sent to the Recover Deleted Items folder.

I tried to use MFCMapi to investigate the meeting after being restored, but I am not locating who or what deleted it within that detailed information. Any ideas or suggestions on how to locate that information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Can't Locate an Unread Message in my Outlook view pane Using Outlook 0
V Locate item Account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
R I have imported a .pst file into my outlook and I cannot locate it. It seems to be in my main Inbox Using Outlook 1
J Archives: Unable to locate emails Using Outlook 1
C O2010: Using Advanced Find to locate exact queries Using Outlook 3
B Can't locate in Outlook custom form where is message from Using Outlook 4
D Unable to locate mispelled autocorrect suggestion Using Outlook 3
C User defined field not found in any views prints. Cannot locate to delete. Using Outlook 2
P How did hacker cause link to delete and archive containing email? Using Outlook 6
ManaarZakaria I'm afraid of this issue, cause of strange error Exchange Server Administration 2
R Would creating a new profile cause Outlook to download all the old mails from the server? Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
J gmail and deleted emails. Using Outlook 0
K Changing the Deleted Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
L Specific Incoming Email Address Immediately Deleted Using Outlook 2
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
F Wishlist Outlook suddenly began synchronizing deleted items every time I delete a single email. Using Outlook 2
J Dopey move - deleted profile Using Outlook 1
G Retention Policy for Outlook.com Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 0
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
Graham Hyman Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted Using Outlook 4
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
M How can we find the list of users who are members of a deleted distribution list? Exchange Server Administration 2
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 5
D Unopened message in inbox deleted and not in deleted items Using Outlook 3
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
R Exporting recovered Deleted Items outside the Inbox Using Outlook 1
4 Macro to set the category of Deleted Item? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Retention periods and Deleted Items Using Outlook 7
P Deleted Items - Unable to Iterate All of Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Rupert Dragwater Deleted email address keeps showing up in reply Using Outlook 12
icacream Can't the Deleted Items Folder be self cleaning ? Using Outlook 2
M How many days are items in Recover Deleted at Outlook.com ? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
R Recover Deleted Appointment in Calendar Using Outlook 0
S Recovering permanently deleted folder from shared mailbox Using Outlook 1
C Outlook is permanently deleting deleted items (purging) Using Outlook 0
F Move mails from Deleted Items folder back to its original folder where the mails got deleted Using Outlook 0
Jeanne Goodman Delete Calendar Item Bypassing Deleted Items folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Moving Deleted Items Using Outlook 0
P Deleting items in folders doesnt send them to deleted items! Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Shared Calendar Can't Be Deleted Using Outlook 0
Rupert Dragwater Some mailboxes show deleted items as not read Using Outlook 5
L 3rd party tools to recover deleted Office 365 contacts etc Using Outlook 7
C Find all deleted recurrence appointments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
norbertlars Outlook - deleted items Using Outlook 5
Rupert Dragwater Deleting email from Deleted Items does not work Using Outlook 0
S recover a deleted folder in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1