Outlook 2016 - two addressbooks - how to sync and which one is in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have two "Contacts" folders under Contacts within Outlook 2016.
Am using a MS account and Outlook.com.
1st one:
tab [General] location: \\xxxxx-at-outlook.com
tab [Outlook Address Book]: [X] Show this folder as an email address book (tagged)
contents: 50 items

2nd one:
tab [General] location: \\xxxxx-at-outlook.com\Contacts
tab [Outlook Address Book]: [_] Show this folder as an email address book (UNtagged)
contents: 355 items

Would like to synchronize these two, or at least copy entries from the 2nd to the 1st one.

I never go into contacts and hesitate to simply: ctrl-A (select all, in the 2nd), right-click 'Copy' and paste into the 1st one.

Is that safe to do?
Aren't there things that I should keep in mind?

That aside, under right-click contacts I see convert to PDF.

Does this actually mean: 'export' to PDF (whilst leaving contacts untouched) - can't believe it will convert the outlook contacts that are online..?

Obviously I didn't try either one of the above.

Thanks!
=

Attachments

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Would like to synchronize these two, or at least copy entries from the 2nd to the 1st one.

I never go into contacts and hesitate to simply: ctrl-A (select all, in the 2nd), right-click 'Copy' and paste into the 1st one.

Is that safe to do?
Aren't there things that I should keep in mind?

That aside, under right-click contacts I see convert to PDF.

Does this actually mean: 'export' to PDF (whilst leaving contacts untouched) - can't believe it will convert the outlook contacts that are online..?

Obviously I didn't try either one of the above.

Thanks!
=

Yes, it is very safe to do. If you are worried, i would copy them, rather than move. Then once you are satisifed they all syncs ok, you can delete the second folder.

But first... create a new contact from the inbox and see where it was saved. That will be the folder you copy the contacts in the other folder into.

The PDF stuff is an Acrobat thing... it will create a pdf of your contacts - basically the same as printing them. Your contacts are cached on your computer and yes, it works with those contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.