Merge two contacts folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
for reasons unknown I ended up with two contacts folders: one has 600 contacts and the other has the more complete 1,200 contacts. Unfortunately I didn't realize the smaller one was incomplete (except for being unable to find some contacts) so I know that I added or edited within the incomplete contacts folder.

Any third party tool that will compare the two contacts folders and flag the ones that are different so i can decide which to "update" or add to the more complete contacts folder.

As far as I know the Sperry tool only works to find dupes within a singe contacts folder, not across two different ones.

There are duplicate checker utility available - or, if the last mod dates are different in the smaller folder (so you know which ones you updated) - you can use a list view and show the last modified field. Sort by it and drag the ones with newer dates to the other folder.

BTW, You don't need to use a 3rd party utility to merge two contacts folders. Use a list or card view, select all and drag to the other folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Mail merge to single contacts + contact groups? Using Outlook 4
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
Randy Redekopp How To Merge Contact Info to Email Custom Form Template Using Outlook 2
K Delay Send and Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Merge .pst files (without structure) Using Outlook 7
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge Using Outlook 0
C Merge two archive calendars Using Outlook 1
S Merge Emails with attachments with inbox rule to forward Using Outlook 5
iwshim outlook mail merge -rich text Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Create a list of color categories and merge or restore the list using VBA Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email Using Outlook 0
H Mail Merge status remaining "Not Executed" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
iwshim mail merge and add the contact picture outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
A Reply/Forward Emails using Mail Merge BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S Custom field not populating in Custom View or Mail Merge Exchange Server Administration 2
W Combine Mail Merge to Distribution List with Auto Attachments - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
B Two Inboxes after upgrade, how to merge? Using Outlook 4
A Two outlook calendars - how do I merge them Using Outlook 3
M Using mail merge with stationery Using Outlook 5
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
P Mail Merge vs Direct Mail Print BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A Mail Merge - Sent but still in Outbox Using Outlook 5
R specify from account in mail merge Using Outlook 3
G Mail Merge via Proxy Email? Using Outlook 2
B Need to merge PST, and remove duplicate items Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 2007 Mail Merge not working anymore Using Outlook 1
S mail merge and cc Using Outlook 2
A E-Mail Merge to All E-Mail Addresses on One BCM Contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R My email merge/business contact manager fields are not populating BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G VBA Interfering with Email Addresses in Mail Merge? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B How-to Mail Merge with an attachment? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
K Mail Merge to email with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
B Marketing Campaign BCM 2007 – Word 2007 Merge Fails BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R How Do I Merge Several PST Files? Using Outlook 4
H Outlook - Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0