Operating system:: Windows 11 Pro
Outlook version: Classic Outlook 2021
Email type or host: IMAP
Outlook version: Classic Outlook 2021
Email type or host: IMAP
I have scoured the interwebs for a solution to this. Outlook basically acts like links in a Nextdoor email don't exist period. You can't even select the associated text and do the old right click trick. What's weird is that Google Gmail (web) and Fairmail (Android) have no problem opening these links to the default browser. Maybe the parentheses are causing weirdness? Here's an example of a link:
Note that this is Outlook accessing Gmail via IMAP. Also, some of the suggested fixes are not available in Outlook 2021 including choosing the browser for handling links. As a further weirdness, thinking that it might be a preview handler problem, I dove into Outlook's list of handlers and saw multiple entries for the same type of file (HTML and Message specifically). I don't know if that's the problem or not. But, since Taub's tool is no longer available, I see no easy way of troubleshooting these. And even if I open the email out of preview mode, the links still don't work.
Thoughts, suggestions, ideas?
Thanks!
Code:
(https://nextdoor.com/p/TW6DxkntF_kP?post=3D514221410&utm_source=3Demail&se=
ction=3Dpost&mar=3D%recipient.mark_as_read%&ct=3DGQWJPk9ksGjCWw-PAK3kEBKii9=
J2saVZClvt1T6wEJdoRfpy_fFcx7aHGn6de8f8&ec=3D5JUD4ZdM5aLJOzlYn2-7BYiQKJt-R6p=
7bzzGhlQ1Zfc=3D&token=3DSzhFX9BOJC9FdzMPxrTKFz6mlLeNkyrfcYbay9TAarvSmsLuwqk=
DyT1P5BJ2sMDmRhsYf5XpHgsi_Ikj_gKv2xNxNAiIRaVUGco6aP1cCgM%3D&auto_token=3DJx=
fQMXCMJNLe92XdOkS3vcb_Ydf4LJP4Ipdf-7F0Su-ckbo_MY8IqQM2Efpf34bBFKZx8ft6WYBNP=
k84rr0w-e00xWZeBOsBQwNfrY9DU9U%3D&mobile_deeplink_data=3DeyJhY3Rpb24iOiAidm=
lld19wb3N0IiwgInBvc3QiOiA1MTQyMjE0MTB9&link_source_user_id=3D1468319)
Note that this is Outlook accessing Gmail via IMAP. Also, some of the suggested fixes are not available in Outlook 2021 including choosing the browser for handling links. As a further weirdness, thinking that it might be a preview handler problem, I dove into Outlook's list of handlers and saw multiple entries for the same type of file (HTML and Message specifically). I don't know if that's the problem or not. But, since Taub's tool is no longer available, I see no easy way of troubleshooting these. And even if I open the email out of preview mode, the links still don't work.
Thoughts, suggestions, ideas?
Thanks!