Already have Office 2007 Prof Plus, want to get BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vicky

I have installed 2007 Prof Plus, but that does not include BCM. Is there a

way I can download/purchase just BCM or do I need to buy Outlook 2007 w/BCM?

Thanks!

L

Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert

On 2/27/2010 7:34 PM, Vicky wrote:
> I have installed 2007 Prof Plus, but that does not include BCM. Is there a
> way I can download/purchase just BCM or do I need to buy Outlook 2007 w/BCM?

> Thanks!

Do you have the retail package or was it a download?

BCM is a separate download and is on a separate CD.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101249971033.aspx

Note that office.microsoft.com is down for me at the moment, so if this

does not work try again later.

Leonid S. Knyshov

P

Peter Foldes

Leonid

Office 2007 Professional Plus is a VL version and can be purchased through the HUP

and you are not able to download it. The OP will need to purchase BCM separately

Peter

"Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert"

<LeonidSKnyshovSBSExpert> wrote in message

news:erhtVfCuKHA.6140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> On 2/27/2010 7:34 PM, Vicky wrote:
> > I have installed 2007 Prof Plus, but that does not include BCM. Is there a
> > way I can download/purchase just BCM or do I need to buy Outlook 2007 w/BCM?
>

>> Thanks!

> Do you have the retail package or was it a download?

> BCM is a separate download and is on a separate CD.

> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101249971033.aspx

> Note that office.microsoft.com is down for me at the moment, so if this does not
> work try again later.
> > Leonid S. Knyshov
>

>

>

> >

>

L

Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert

On 2/27/2010 9:54 PM, Peter Foldes wrote:
> Leonid

> Office 2007 Professional Plus is a VL version and can be purchased
> through the HUP and you are not able to download it. The OP will need to
> purchase BCM separately
>

That does not make sense. Microsoft does not reduce licensed feature set

for its volume customers and then labels it Plus.

I distinctly remember downloading Office Professional Plus 2007 with

BCM. I know that it's included with the Office 2007 Professional SKU.

I don't remember why BCM is not included with the Professional Plus SKU.

Last I remember from years ago it was an oversight that never got corrected.

I definitely have been gone too long. ;)

I happen to be intimately familiar with Microsoft volume licensing and

no stranger to reading the PUR document.

OK, so let's set this record straight once and for all.

As per Eric Ligman, who is empowered to interpret Microsoft volume

license policies, at

http://blogs.msdn.com/mssmallbiz/ar...vailability-for-volume-license-customers.aspx

( http://bit.ly/b9GkAk )

Volume license customers *CAN* download Office Outlook 2007 with

Business Contact Manager without purchasing any other SKUs.

Volume license SKUs include Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 and

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.

Microsoft's reasoning for not making this download more visible is:

*"Note: Because Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager was

not designed for adoption by larger SA and EA customers, the Office

Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manger[sic] download has not been

added to the Office Professional Plus 2007 and Office Enterprise 2007

download pages."*

Now, as per that article customers can receive the product through:

MVLS, eOpen, or *by requesting bits from their reseller*.

If you do not have access to either eOpen (since migrated to VLSC) or

MVLS sites, you may request these bits from a reseller. There is an easy

way to get these bits directly from Microsoft at any time, but I decline

to post it so as to not tempt users of "Home and Student", "Basic", and

"Standard" SKUs.

Just point your volume license contact to that article, and you'll get

your bits.

Welcome to the world of BCM. :)

Leonid S. Knyshov

P

Peter Foldes

Leonid

As you said "Welcome to the world of BCM." and who knows what is further down the

line with policies that are implemented on the fly

Peter

"Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert"

<LeonidSKnyshovSBSExpert> wrote in message

news:%23USdoJFuKHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> On 2/27/2010 9:54 PM, Peter Foldes wrote:
> > Leonid

> Volume license customers *CAN* download Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact
> Manager without purchasing any other SKUs.

> Volume license SKUs include Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 and Microsoft
> Office Enterprise 2007.

> Microsoft's reasoning for not making this download more visible is:

> *"Note: Because Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager was not designed
> for adoption by larger SA and EA customers, the Office Outlook 2007 with Business
> Contact Manger[sic] download has not been added to the Office Professional Plus
> 2007 and Office Enterprise 2007 download pages."*

> Now, as per that article customers can receive the product through: MVLS, eOpen,
> or *by requesting bits from their reseller*.

> If you do not have access to either eOpen (since migrated to VLSC) or MVLS sites,
> you may request these bits from a reseller. There is an easy way to get these bits
> directly from Microsoft at any time, but I decline to post it so as to not tempt
> users of "Home and Student", "Basic", and "Standard" SKUs.

> Just point your volume license contact to that article, and you'll get your bits.

> Welcome to the world of BCM. :)
> > Leonid S. Knyshov
>

>

>

> >

>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Microsoft 2007 Office Outlook - Large file already confirmed sent but still in out box Using Outlook 3
J Re: Please help correct Error on step 4 of converting Windows mail to Office Outlook 2007(already installed). Using Outlook 3
R How to get Office 2007 to work RELIABLY??? More specifically, How do I convince Outlook 2007 that it ALREADY SENT THE MESSAGE IN MY OUTBOX??? Using Outlook 1
Y Move new messages to personal folder which already contains this conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G .ost file corrupted / solved the issue with some posts already said, but .ost file is corrupted agai Using Outlook 2
N linking an already sent/rec'd email to contact record like it did in 2000 Using Outlook 0
rc4524 Create auto follow-up reminder email for already sent messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access Using Outlook 3
M How do I mark emails already received as read when I get a second, different email based on subject? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Pre populate subject + body + attachment to already open email in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
B Unable to Accept meetings that are already Tentatively accepted Using Outlook 2
B Where are my emails that I already? Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 is loading many times already received emails from external acc. Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 reloading messages that have already been loaded Using Outlook 3
J Turn off reminders for appointments that have already happened Using Outlook 1
R When attaching XLS file to email, it switches to Excel (if already opened) instead of attaching the file Using Outlook 2
Y MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2007 - i KEEP GETTING THE "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD" BOX POPPING UP - IT IS ALREADY Using Outlook 4
K Item has already been added. Key in Dictionary: nnnnnnnn Key being added: nnnnnn Using Outlook 1
C Exchange 2010 SP1 "RPC can't be started because of the EMSMDB interface is already registered by Exchange Server Administration 4
B Can't display already read emails Using Outlook 2
H Outlook is resending old emails that have already been delivered and deleted Using Outlook 1
I Editing an already delivered email message Using Outlook 1
B EMC Permissions (Already tried solution in other post) Exchange Server Administration 1
T already delivered mails are getting again Using Outlook 7
H Message in outbox but never is sent and unable to delete because it's in the process of sending already. Using Outlook 3
R the signin box pops up every minute or so while in outlook. The email address and pw are already filled in but you still have to hit the enter box to Using Outlook 1
W Permanently add field in an Outlook 2007 task already created. Not just add to temporary view. Using Outlook 1
M Can't stop the new mail beep - already unchecked play sounds box. Using Outlook 1
F How do we indicate that emails have already been printed (in a networked environment)? Using Outlook 2
T Outlook is trying to re-download 6,000 emails already downloaded for no apparent reason, how do i st Using Outlook 3
R upgrade 2008 to 2008r2 after exchange 2010 already installed? Exchange Server Administration 11
B Outlook 2010 crashes only with mails coming from mac users and the 'Reading Pane' on__I already cancelled the add-ins in safe mode but probl Using Outlook 2
L DUET Error Notification-When WFTask´v already been approved/rejected inSBWP Using Outlook 1
V Replying to an e-mail using an already created template Using Outlook 1
J Unexpected Duplication of all emails already in my in box Using Outlook 1
R Move to folder rule for already downloaded emails Using Outlook 1
D While editing text, already typed text disappears instead of moving ahead to allow for the new text. Using Outlook 2
C Ex2010 SP1 Install fails, Organization Preparation, item already exists Exchange Server Administration 11
D Outlook 2007 new installation keeps downloading duplicates of mail messages already downloaded. Using Outlook 1
T OWA broken after Exchange 2010 SP1 update (invalid accepted domain fixes already applied) Exchange Server Administration 2
M stop transmission/delete email already in progress Using Outlook 2
T I am trying to use the import/export feature for outlook 2010 but I get an error message that the profile is already in use. Using Outlook 2
J Will OSTs need to be re-generated post migration to E2010 for those users already in cached mode? Exchange Server Administration 1
J Coexistence E2K7/E2K10 - iPhone cannot connect to Mailbox already migrated to E2K10 although OWA wor Exchange Server Administration 8
K Business Contact Manager Contact Import of 3000 contacts already in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C I have an e-mail stuck in the sending mode for 24 hours already Using Outlook 2
T Unable to install SP1: "virtual directory 'PowerShell' already exists" Exchange Server Administration 8
M 2007-&gt;2010 upgreade 'A previous version of Exchange Server is already installed on this machine' Exchange Server Administration 8
A This outlook data file (.pst) is already in use in the current profile Using Outlook 5
C Exchange 2010 AD prepare: UCE Content Filter already exists Exchange Server Administration 1