Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live

Status
Not open for further replies.

slorefice

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I am having so much trouble setting up this Outlook Connector thing! This is what I want (NEED); my outlook calendar and outlook contacts to sync with Windows Live so that I can access the information from my new Windows 7 phone.

I have already imported my contacts to Windows Live via .csv file. I have also imported my Outlook Calendar to Windows Live via .ics file. But where do I go to tell them to syn together?? So when I make changes in Outlook they are done in Windows Live???

Can anyone help??:confused:

It sounds like you are making it harder than it needs to be....

Is "Windows Live" referencing the online Hotmail service or the "live mail" client you install locally?

Where were the calendar and contacts before, ie what did you export them from to create a csv and ical?

If the calendar and contacts were already in hotmail, you didn't need to do anything. If they were in Outlook but associated with a non-hotmail account, you could have moved them to hotmail from outlook. (I think the live mail client can do the same thing).

So... if using outlook, you just need to use the outlook connector to create a link to your hotmail account then drag the calendar and contacts to the newly created hotmail account in Outlook. They'll sync up to the "cloud" and then sync with your phone.

My calendar and contacts were in Outlook.

..."using outlook, you just need to use the outlook connector to create a link to your hotmail account then drag the calendar and contacts to the newly created hotmail account in Outlook. They'll sync up to the "cloud" and then sync with your phone..."

So how do you create that "link"?:confused:

Install the Outlook Connector, then create an account using it. Autodiscover should detect its a hotmail account when you enter the address and password, or you can create the account manually - on the screen where you choose the account type, choose Other and select the hotmail connector then click next. Once its finished, it will sync hotmail content to Outlook. If you have contacts in other Outlook folders outside of hotmail, copy them to the hotmail contacts folder and they will sync up to the internet. (same for calendar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Trouble with server names Using Outlook 1
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Trouble with Office 365/2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble downloading Outlook on an Android phone Using Outlook 4
B Trouble Starting Outlook 2010 after Crash Using Outlook 3
U Trouble migrating Contacts (2002) to People (2013) Using Outlook 3
K New to BCM - trouble importing contacts & accounts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
M Trouble Importing folders from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 12
S trouble with Outlook 2010 saving sent emails Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Locating Tools Menu since There's No Standard Toolbar in Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 - trouble with alphabetizing when titles are used (ie - Mr.) Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
A Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM) Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Adding @Outlook.com Email Accounts Using Outlook 3
A emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Exchange Server Administration 6
K Trouble converting the ANSI PST to a Unicode PST Using Outlook 4
V Trouble Running Outlook 2007 and 2010 Using Outlook 4
U Trouble for sharing Calendar Using Outlook 3
T Trouble with creating database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M having trouble importing excel data into outlook contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Trouble using SaveAs Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M trouble connection to remote database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
AlphonseG Outlook 365 Outlook Crashes on setting SaveSentMessageFolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Setting up an Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
B Setting rules Using Outlook 1
C iCloud Setting missing Outlook tab and Outlook missing the iCloud refresh button Using Outlook 4
B Setting defaults Using Outlook 2
C need help setting up outlook first time Using Outlook 1
P Reading Pane (Reading Pain?) Default Setting Using Outlook 1
W Setting up a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
mctabish Setting "Reply To" based on inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Setting font and color used when replying to an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Setting flag follow up for next business day Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Ed Sheehan Unusual behaviour in setting Sender (Outlook 2016) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Jennifer Murphy Equations don't comply with style setting to left justify Using Outlook 0
J Setting default address book Using Outlook 0
N Does a Shared Folder Policy override a Digital Signature Setting for macros? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Diane Poremsky Setting up an Outlook.com IMAP account Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Setting the default Country for Outlook Contacts Using Outlook 0
H Need help setting up GetFolderPath-Makro with Vodafone IMAP Mail-Account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0