Autocomplete list not saving distribution list

Status
Not open for further replies.

krlucchesi

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello, the computer having the issue is an windows xp os. When writing a new email the user can add recipients from autocomplte. he types in B Brett ****** comes up. it does not work this way with the distribution list they are not being cached to the stream_autocomplete_...dat file. I ran the SCANPST.exe file and it only found inconsistencies no errors. please help I am extremely confused and running out of ideas. the list will save for the outlook session but disappear after outlook is closed and reopened. :(

so contacts save the autocomplete list but not dl? Do any new changes save to the list?

When the list won't update at all, its corrupt. The best fix it to clear the autocomplete list (you can do this from file, options, mail - a little over halfway down is a button) then rebuild it.

Yes I have tried that a couple of times. I even ran the SCANPST.exe file from microsoft it only found inconsistancies not errors. We even deleted the stream_autocomplete_hexNums.dat file. All it did was recreate the same file. I am out of ideas

yes it will retain knew contacts everything but the DL. it is very wierd mine was curropt and it was an easy fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
M Outlook.com autocomplete list invaded by strange items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Autocomplete (Recipients) opens upward Using Outlook 2
C Transfer Autocomplete from Pop to Exchange Using Outlook 3
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
V Autocomplete not working on new email account Using Outlook 4
G Autocomplete adds suspicious "@unknown.email" to selected contacts Using Outlook 1
J autocomplete function in custom form Using Outlook 1
M email autocomplete broke.. Using Outlook 5
C Autocomplete losing some (not all) addresses Using Outlook 6
V Outlook 2013 - transfer autocomplete data Using Outlook 4
A Autocomplete issue Using Outlook 6
Michael Durthaler Outlook 2013 Autocomplete File Is Infected Using Outlook 1
U Autocomplete not working Using Outlook 5
S Recover Autocomplete After Computer Failure Re-install Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2013 AutoComplete Limit Using Outlook 3
Z Copy Outlook 2007 "AutoComplete Contacts” to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
J autocomplete in "To" field does not work for display names Using Outlook 8
U Imported contacts to appear in Autocomplete Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2010 Autocomplete Using Outlook 7
N Outlook should use address in address book before the address in Autocomplete Using Outlook 0
A Help with random numbers in autocomplete emails Exchange Server Administration 3
T Autocomplete, although enabled, does not complete names in TO: Using Outlook 4
farrissf Category list to pick from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Inconsistent view of To-Do List Using Outlook 0
S Different views for To-Do List and To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
R Adding Userform Dropdown List items from names of subfolders on network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Capture email addresses and create a comma separated list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D VBA code to select a signature from the signatures list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Checking Sender Email Address for trusted domain from list on intranet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Ken Pascoe Outlook Categories Quick List Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
T Outlook 2010 Tasks are not visible in To Do list Using Outlook 5
C must select message to trigger safe list Using Outlook 3
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
V Pin a document to the "Attach file" Recent Documents list Using Outlook 0
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
Witzker print-list-of-outlook-folders with sort posibility Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0