Country/Region not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

intwtl

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am using Outlook to address envelopes to a large database that covers multiple countries. All countries where the addressee's are not United States are shown but when the contacts addresses are the United States they do not show the country.

I assume this is by default but is there a way to have the contacts country shown if it is the US ?

Thanks

Is US shown in the mailing address? If not (and assuming it's correctly selected in the check address dialog) you can add it during a mail merge but its not added to the mailing address by default as its not needed when mailing within the US. If you aren't using mail merge, you'll need to add it to the address so it shows on the mailing address.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using Aladdin Envelope & Label software. However, even using Mailmerge the US address's doesn't show.

I understand what you are saying as the country (US) is not required when mailing in the US. I am not in the US and I need to have the country shown.

I do understand I can put it in but I'm having a hard time understanding why MS considers that everyone is living in the USA so this default is set like this.

Is there any registry option or any other way to show the country by default ?

I really appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

What do you have set for windows language? (control panel, region and language)

What is your setting for phone and modem location? (also in control panel)

Those settings control how outlook behaves.

OK, that worked.

I changed my location to my overseas location and all is well.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
geoffnoakes About Country/Region and BusinessAddressCountry Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Setting the default Country for Outlook Contacts Using Outlook 0
P Country name no longer shows in Phone number popup? Using Outlook 5
B how to add country code to contacts automatically Using Outlook 7
R Defualt country different in phone than in address Using Outlook 2
T Country Code - How can one find it. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A ItemEvents_10_AfterWriteEventHandler is triggers for all instances of the form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Disabling form region change Using Outlook 0
T Outlook replacement form region using a "parent" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Form region not appearing on machines I deploy to? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Delete key in form region textbox deleting email instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M How to change the Title of a form region at runtime? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M How to read color of form region title? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Can I embed ribbon item into form region? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Preview of Form Region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Accessing contact's custom properties in a Outlook 2007 form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Form Region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Form Region Freezing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Form Region, Task Pain, Ribbon Extension - which way is best? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Quick Access Toolbar Not Showing Description Using Outlook 0
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 365 Emails showing as links and text only Using Outlook 4
M On behalf of not showing on calendar for boss Using Outlook 1
C Icons (arrows) not showing on emails forwarded or replied to Using Outlook 8
D Outlook launch email showing new unread email in reading pane Using Outlook 11
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O How to prevent CC from showing when creating a new mail? Using Outlook 1
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
G icloud pictures not showing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
B When sending an email, I am showing 2 of my address's Using Outlook 1
K Outlook.com is not showing, or finding via search, all my Contacts (People) Using Outlook 0
M Sent mail not showing in my sent folder Using Outlook 9
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
O Reminder due end of August is showing up now Using Outlook 2
Rupert Dragwater Deleted email address keeps showing up in reply Using Outlook 12
Z Outlook for G Suite emails showing wrong dates Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2016 cannot delete, email showing in root Exchange Server Administration 5