Unset alerts from incoming email

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_han

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I've tried to google this one, but keep coming up with things like disabling alerts and that isn't what I need.

I have one user who insist on sending email. I'd like to not create a rule to delete all of their email, but it may come to that. What I would like to do is have a rule that will unset any alerts that a user sets in email. I can clear the flag, but this is still allowing the alert through.

Can someone direct me how to do this or to a pointer where I can read to figure it out?

Thanks so much for any help here!

The user sends an email and it has an alert set... calendar reminder. And clearing the flag doesn't clear that. So a day later or so, I have an alert / calendar reminder that pops up. I hope I am using the correct terminology.

Thank you!

Is this impossible to do or is everyone still recovering from the weekend? :)

Recovering. :) I'll have to see if I can repro it.

one more thing - is this an appointment or just a reminder?

If I look at the incoming email, in the flag field I see an icon of a small flag with a person, if that helps.

Thanks so much!

One more item... looking at the email, I see an information window that has "Follow up by Friday, April 13, 2012 8:00 AM."

Ok, that is just a reminder. Creating a rule to remove flags should remove it - it does here.

remove-reimnders-from-email.png

Ok, it didn't seem to work before, but i'll try it again and see if it works. Thank you so much for your help Diane!

Are you using conditions in the rule? Try it without conditions - list it first and don't use Stop processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Alerts in outlook Using Outlook 1
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 7
O Rules and Alerts for New Messages BEFORE sending Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Rules & Alerts Dialog Won't Open Using Outlook 1
oliv- How to Run a Script IN AN ADDIN with Outlook's Rules and Alerts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Using VBA to disable alerts / warnings Using Outlook 2
T Desktop alerts show but no emails found Using Outlook 1
D Desktop alerts not showing for folders other than inbox Exchange Server Administration 1
W Fwd Outlook incomming messages to usb port after Rules and alerts applied Using Outlook 0
A Alerts on incoming emails which are not responded since 1 day Using Outlook 1
E No Contact Pictures in Desktop Alerts Using Outlook 10
J Outlook 2013 - Rules and Alerts for POP3/IMAP Accounts Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Calendar Alerts Using Outlook 1
D iPhone Alerts Don't Show Up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
J Outlook - rules and Alerts Using Outlook 1
M Rules & Alerts not appearing in the File Tab (outlook 2010) Using Outlook 1
J Outlook - rules and Alerts - from group Using Outlook 3
R Rules and Alerts not sending emails to "outside Network" emails Using Outlook 1
V Need help on configuring Outook 2003 Rules and Alerts... Using Outlook 2
O New e-mail alerts? Using Outlook 3
B automate email message on Outlook Calendar notification alerts? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Turning a rule on with a text message & message alerts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Manipulating Rules and Alerts in VBA? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J OutLook Alerts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Outlook 2003/2007 and New Mail Desktop Alerts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Specific Incoming Email Address Immediately Deleted Using Outlook 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Aussie Rules Run a Script on an Incoming Email OK and then the Email reverts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 25
oliv- How to distinguish whether mail is incoming or outgoing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Search for incoming e-mails for a specified time range Using Outlook 1
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook 2016 customization of incoming messages Using Outlook 1
T Incoming Mail Changes Fonts Using Outlook 0
R VBA to manage incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Capture incoming emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Changing notification sound for new incoming messages in Outlook 365/2016 Using Outlook 1
D VBA to edit body of incoming email and forwarding it Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
P Use VBA to alert if new incoming email fits criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Processing Incoming E-mails with Macros Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text from incoming emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 25
Danny2015 how to change incoming mail conversationtopic successfully Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6