Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheshd

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello,

I am working at 2 different sites. Normally at the second site I only read mails and with 'Save a copy on the server' download them again at my main site. The problem is that when I wish to answer a mail from the second site, I have to send a copy of the message to myself.

1. Can I put my local outlook folder on Dropbox?

2. Can I set it as default folder from 2 computers and see the same "sent items' on both?

Thanks,

Mickey

No on dropbox. I know some have tried but it didn't work so well. You can copy the pst to dropbox as a backup - but it should be moved from the DB folder before outlook #2 opens it. (You could use a batch file to copy the pst before opening outlook Backup Outlook Data Files using a Batch (.bat) - Slipstick Systems)

If your email provider supports IMAP, that would be better on the second machine. (You can use it on both if you want).

Are you using a rule or VBA to cc or BCC yourself from the second computer? That eliminates the need to remember to do it. It's still not a perfect solution...

If the sites are just different rooms on the same network, a sync tool could be useful. Synchronizing Outlook on Two Machines - Slipstick Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Z Making Outlook Default folders to local/personal instead of Hotmail Using Outlook 8
H Move Selected emails to Local Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Can I create a local PST file for SPAM on a drive that is usually disconnected? Using Outlook 3
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
A Are categories still recommended for creating local distribution lists? Using Outlook 3
J Issues in Canceling iCloud Configuration and Reverting to Local PST Configuration Using Outlook 0
E Are reminders local or global? Using Outlook 2
J Install BCM Client without an local SQl Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
K Macro doesn't recognize local mails from colleagues Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Local Outlook 2013 folder and message changes not synced with EAS to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
K Ask about a simple script about save a incoming mail as file on local PC Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Commodore Message becomes "unread" after moving to a local folder Using Outlook 2
G Macro to move sent items from local folder to IMAP folder Using Outlook 4
S Searching contacts across GAL and local address book at same time Using Outlook 1
C Outlook local calendar & iCloud calendar syncing query Using Outlook 3
F VB Script to Delete all contacts under local contacts folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Exchange 2010 Outlook 2010 and Local Failures sync issue Exchange Server Administration 5
M How to AutoSave Attachments that meet a criteria to a folder on a local drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M local move mailbox from 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
M Create search folder filter that converts UTC time to local? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
P Copy Contacts in a Public Folder to a Local Contacts Subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Q Re: Cannot synchronize local replica of mail file with Blackberry Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Problem connecting to local BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 Win 10 - Nothing goes in my Drafts or Sent items folders ! Using Outlook 1
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
CWM550 Saving Data: Don't check certain folders Using Outlook 2
J Unable to delete folders in Outlook 2019 / Windows Using Outlook 0
D This folder up to date vs all folders up to date Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Adjusting font size in folders Using Outlook 1
Abraham Outlook 2013 Lost my folders when moving from PST to IMAP Using Outlook 11
J How to import many msg into different public folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
R Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders) Using Outlook 3
C What folders are needed when reinstalling Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Color Code or highlight folders in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
A Moving Public Folders to New Database Exchange Server Administration 3