Tracking sent emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

judy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
I send emails to approximately 200 employees that I need to confirm were opened by the employee. Rather than selecting "Request a read receipt," I want to be able to open the sent email, and select Tracking from the Show Group under the message tab of the sent email. This appears to be a better method of assuring the employees opened the email rather than receiving 200 individual confirmation emails. However, the Show Group does not appear on the ribbon when I open the sent email. Is this an add on function or a configuration issue? Thank you.

That only comes up when tracking is enabled. Unfortunately, in Outlook/Exchange world, requesting receipts is the only way (unlike how Lotus Notes and/or GroupWise does it.)

There is a 3rd party method of tracking via web bugs - you send out a specially crafted messages with an image in it and you can see who downloaded the image from the server.

Thank you for your response. How is "tracking" enabled?

When the receipts come back and Outlook processes them, the tracking page comes alive. You can turn on automatic processing in File, Options, Mail - its near the bottom. If automatically update option is not selected, you need to open each receipt before outlook processes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
C Tracking Calendar Changes? Using Outlook 1
L Attachment saving and tracking - PLEASE help! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H tracking time of emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Tracking Mail items being moved to folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Activity Tracking with Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S My Draft Emails Have Review Tracking Using Outlook 7
rino email campaign - tracking opened emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Problem tracking meeting responses Using Outlook 3
D tracking emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Rule to Handle Meeting Replies that updates tracking information Using Outlook 2
M Room Reservation request showed "None" in Tracking-View Tracking Status. Exchange Server Administration 0
C Tracking WHO deleted items in a Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 1
S How to remove tracking from printing - outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
R Can't use "manage linking and tracking" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
P Tracking BCM Users BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K add an email to a business contact without linking/tracking sender BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
K add an email to an account without linking and tracking the email address BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Tracking Activities in Outlook Calendar Using Outlook 1
M Tracking Tasks Due Date Using Outlook 1
S Voting Buttons are Not Tracking Using Outlook 1
D Tracking meeting request responses in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
B How to Remove Scheduling and Tracking on the Custom Meeting Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Tracking email in Outlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E BCM for Job Search Tracking? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
S Sent e-mails roll back to previous draft state Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
icacream Outlook 2021 Win 10 - Nothing goes in my Drafts or Sent items folders ! Using Outlook 1
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
S How to find emails that I sent that have not received a reply? Using Outlook 7
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
L Images not displaying in emails sent to self Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2016 A Shortcut to recall and delete and sent message. Using Outlook 1
J Names in sent items suddenly show as Bob Smith (bobsmith@sample.com) Using Outlook 3
M Messages Intermittently Dont Arrive In Sent Items After Sending Successfully Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Outlook not saving Sent Items Using Outlook 4
A Is there an ID field you can use to pair a reply to the sent email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C VBA to prompt for Sent folder destination Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
MrMayor SENT mail not reloading to top?? Using Outlook 4
D Mail in Sent Items Gone Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Using Outlook 2
Terry Sullivan E-Mails Sent Using a Group Box Result in 70 Kickbacks Using Outlook 4