Outlook 2010 - Search Folders position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2021 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
So I finally migrated to 2010. :rolleyes: One annoyance, for which I sincerely hope there's a solution: "Search Folders" is positioned alphabetically somewhere in the middle of regular folders, and not at the end, as it used to be. Is there any way to make it display Search Folders at the bottom again (or on top -- as long as it isn't in the middle)? (OK, its position is acceptable in the default PST, but with all the others, it's kind of annoying to have it in the middle.)

In 2010 it should be in alpha order - inbox/drafts/deleted will be on top, out of order, but after that, they should be in alpha order. Oh, you have folders that begin with T-Z - no, you can't move Search folder to the end like it was in Outlook 2007. Sorry. (Outlook 2013 lets you rearrange the folder order.)

you can add individual search folders to the Favorite list so they are easier to find.

Crap. Well, at least they somehow managed to bring back the speed of Outlook 2000. ;) (And the 2013 edition brings back some kind of a DOSsy look... :rolleyes: )

One other thing I noticed... I've had both SENT and RECEIVED columns displayed in a few folders for ages. Now they both display exactly the same time/date. Is this a bug, or has these two variables moved to another field?

The sent/Received dates sounds like a bug - at least some should be different, if only by a minute or two. The modified and received dates should match, at least initially.

I'll see if it's anything different with the dates after a reboot -- there is no difference now, not even a minute.

BTW, where did they hide the good old-fashioned item/message properties? I was only able to find the one that displays full message headers (I think it used to be called "Message Options"). I know there was another property sheet called "Properties", which would display other parameters, e.g. including received/sent/modified dates & times.

Thanks. I guess it confused me because it behaves differently on the main QAT (where it opens a menu with three options, among them Folder Properties), so I never got to putting it on a message's QAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2010 duplicates when I do a search only Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 Search Appointment Notes Using Outlook 0
R Clip art search alway no result found in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 search broken after upgrade from 2010 Using Outlook 0
Z Outlook 2010 client to Exchange ,,,,search not working proparly Exchange Server Administration 0
I Outlook 2010 Search Folder criteria for all mails to and from external domain Using Outlook 9
D Icloud Outlook 2010 Task/Reminder Search Problem Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 Activities search finds nothing Using Outlook 4
D Search iCloud contacts from Outlook 2010 CTRL-E Using Outlook 4
mrje1 Outlook 2010 search not working Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2010 Instant Search Pops When I Click Using Outlook 6
X Outlook 2010 - search works on one system but not other - identical configurat Using Outlook 2
S Instant Search in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 32
C Outlook 2010 search for question mark in calendar Using Outlook 7
P Outlook 2010 search of PST files doesn't work unless in cached mode Using Outlook 3
T Permanent Removal of RSS feeds folder amd Search folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2010: How do you enable Contacts' Activities to search archive folders Using Outlook 6
S Outlook 2010 Terminalserver Cache Mode Instant Search Using Outlook 4
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C What folders are needed when reinstalling Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
F Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 and GMail Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2007 vs. Outlook 2010 -- ToDo Bar Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4