Remove iCloud so I can have original outlook calendar and contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CK art

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I need a help to restore my outlook 2010 calendar and contacts so I can uninstall iCloud. I wasn't aware of how iCloud worked, and didn't realize I should have done a backup.

This is a new process for me, so instructions that are in an easy to understand form would be great. I don't want to lose of my client contacts and work calendar.

Thanks! Any guidance is appreciated so I can get back to the way things were on Outlook before iCloud.

Is the iCloud still configured in Outlook? If so, select it and switch to a list view. Select all, then use the Move to folder command to move the items back to Outlook. Use copy to folder if you to keep them on your phone - otherwise, they may be deleted from the phone when you move them from the iCloud.

This tutorial shows how to do it: Merging Two Calendar Folders - Slipstick Systems

Process is the same for contacts, but you don't need to use List view.

Thanks for your help! The only thing I did was uncheck the sync to iCloud. Once I move these items to Outlook, am I safe to uninstall iClouds?

Warmly, Colleayn

Is the iCloud still configured in Outlook? If so, select it and switch to a list view. Select all, then use the Move to folder command to move the items back to Outlook. Use copy to folder if you to keep them on your phone - otherwise, they may be deleted from the phone when you move them from the iCloud.

This tutorial shows how to do it: Merging Two Calendar Folders - Slipstick Systems

Process is the same for contacts, but you don't need to use List view.

Yes, you can remove iCloud once you move the contents back to outlook.

Thanks Diane,

It worked. I appreciate your help greatly!

What if I can't find iCloud in Outlook? I had it working at one point; it stopped synching; and now I have lost my Outlook calendar. Please help. I had a message in my Outlook to ask me for the username and password for p15-impat.mail.me.com and when I entered this info, it may have caused the problem. Now, it won't let me into Outlook until I enter this information.

Thanks...Karen

The password was for your me.com IMAP account.

Go to File, Options, Trust Center, Addins - is iCloud disabled? If so, select disabled items in the dropdown beside the Go button and enable it.

The password was for your me.com IMAP account.

Go to File, Options, Trust Center, Addins - is iCloud disabled? If so, select disabled items in the dropdown beside the Go button and enable it.

Thanks Diane. iCloud is enabled when I look at Addins. Do you know how I get it to stop asking me for the imap password? I am not even sure what this account actually is!! I apologize in advance because I am painfully untechnical!

It's an apple email address you created - if you aren't using it remove the account in File, Account Settings. I had to do that as the password will not save and when it does save, it only saves it for a few days.

I only created it to test it (and to have another imap account for testing) but the password problem is a royal PITA.

It's an apple email address you created - if you aren't using it remove the account in File, Account Settings. I had to do that as the password will not save and when it does save, it only saves it for a few days.

I only created it to test it (and to have another imap account for testing) but the password problem is a royal PITA.

Thanks again Diane. I have removed it. Do you have any suggestions about how to get my Outlook calendar back? When I do get it back (thinking optimistically!), is there a way to synch Outlook with my iphone 5 and not have it all go to the cloud?

Re: Transfering icloud calendar to outlook, How !

Hi Diane, Hope you can help me. I, like many others had no idea of the implications of syncing via icloud and found that my calendar has been deleted. I've managed to export my 300 contacts one at a time back to Outlook but battling to work out how I can copy the calendar back to Outlook. I have since had a virus which wiped out my laptop so the icloud calendar on Outlook is no longer there. Ive been using the online account to update the calendar for a while but now that I have a new phone, I'd like to move back to using Outlook as the primary tool.

Is there a way in which I can import my calendar in one go back to Outlook? Much appreciated

Thanks again Diane. I have removed it. Do you have any suggestions about how to get my Outlook calendar back? When I do get it back (thinking optimistically!), is there a way to synch Outlook with my iphone 5 and not have it all go to the cloud?

It's easiest if you move the calendar back before removing the iCloud. The only other way to sync with the phone is by using iTunes, but its not wireless and automatic. Syncing with the phone should also restore the calendar - just make sure you choose to keep everything on the phone or on both devices.

Re: Transfering icloud calendar to outlook, How !

Hi Diane, Hope you can help me. I, like many others had no idea of the implications of syncing via icloud and found that my calendar has been deleted. I've managed to export my 300 contacts one at a time back to Outlook but battling to work out how I can copy the calendar back to Outlook. I have since had a virus which wiped out my laptop so the icloud calendar on Outlook is no longer there. Ive been using the online account to update the calendar for a while but now that I have a new phone, I'd like to move back to using Outlook as the primary tool.

Is there a way in which I can import my calendar in one go back to Outlook? Much appreciated

You need to set up iCloud and sync then move or copy the items from iCloud back to outlook. Select all, copy and paste or drag will work.

I'm having the same problem using iCloud. I installed yesterday and now I have no calendar or contacts list. I'm using Outlook 2007. How can I get back to my old setup using Outlolok and undoing/ deleting iCloud? I don't find an icloud icon and dont know where to find it or if that would do any good anyway.

Not sure I posted my first question properly so I'm trying to verify that you got it concerning removing iCloud so I can go on as usual with my Outlook contents as before iCloud. Please see my earlier post this morning.

The appointments were moved to the iCloud calendar, which should be visible in the Calendar module. Switch to a list view and select all, copy then paste in the old calendar to restore them.

Diane Poremsky is all over these Outlook Forums, and thank goodness! I have spent way too many hours today trying to get rid of iCloud in my Outlook, or trying to retrieve my Outlook Calendar locally, after realizing too late that iCloud took over my calendar and I could no longer access/view My Calendar in MY Outlook!! And then after the many hours I found these forums and found Diane's site at slipstick.com as well. LIFESAVER!! Thanks so much Diane, you are offering the best advice and support, and most importantly, what you advise actually works!! Not to worry folks, I'm not affiliated with Diane or Outlook Forums in any way whatsoever -- I just want to publicly thank her and tell everyone you've come to a place you can rely upon. P.S. No way will I ever again let iCloud sync with my Outlook anything!!

Hi Diane,

I'm also having issues with icloud. Pity Apple dont tell you to be careful before adding icloud.

Sending an email and clicking on 'To' to add recipient from address book it tells me 'contacts folder cant be opened'.

Turns out it 'cloud folder' . I dont use it. Window comes up and I can then find my personal contact folders.

I've tried deleting icloud folder and get message saying its not there!!

I've tried Tools _ Accounts - Address books - only one listed is 'Outlook Address Book - MAPI.

As with others I would like to get rid of icloud. I guess its come from iphone

Heres hoping :)

Nev

I accidentally deleted all my contacts in my Mac Address Book, and (since everything is synced with iCloud) that subsequently removed the contacts from all my devices and icloud.com.

I have an iCloud backup for my iPhone from before I deleted my contacts. However, as I understand it, that backup is just a backup of my apps and settings (for example the setting that says use iCloud for Contacts). So when I restored from that iCloud backup, I still didn't have my contacts. I see the reasoning behind this, since iCloud itself is essentially the "back up" for your actual contacts data. But if a contact gets deleted from iCloud (which happened since I deleted contacts on a synced Address Book), how do I recover it?

Status
Not open for further replies.