OL2013 contact display name not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkabt

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have Office 2013 Professional Plus (Home Use Program) and I have an Office 365 exchange email account tied in.

I have several contact records which were modified AFTER installing Outlook 2013, in Outlook 2013, that are causing me some grief. I have attempted to change the display name in the OWA on Office 365 but that does not work either.

Emails, for only these several contact records, now display from the email address rather than the "display name" I set in the contact form. This means I can't search for the emails from the contact because their email addresses don't match...

Example: email is received and shows username@domainname.com rather than "John Doe" in my mail list

The problem has migrated to my Windows Phone 8. At least two contacts who have called me, with numbers identified in their contact record, come up with just the phone number displayed on the phone and NOT the display name (contact name).

Thankful for any suggestions offered. I think I have done my due diligence researching this for the past few days between Microsoft's support sites and communities to here and have yet to find another example of the issue on non-customized (standard) contact forms.

Sincerely,

J

Outlook doesn't use the display name in your contacts, it uses the display name the senders email client sets. I'm not sure why its not working correctly on the phone though - it should. If you make a new contact for one of the people, does it work as expected?

Dear Forum,

I am using Exchange 2007 hosted email account on Appriver and just started accessing emails using Windows 8/Outlook2013. Earlier I was using Mountain lion OS Mac mail client to access hosted email account. There was no issue with same account being used on Outlook 2007. The contact resolution by name while composing emails in To: windows was just fine.many contacts on server were created using Mac mail client, while some were created using Outlook 2007.

But after switch over to Outlook 2013, those contacts made from Mac mail client do not show up while composing new mails,i.e. name resolution in Outlook 2013 for just those contacts does not work. All other new contacts created from Outlook 2007 or outlook 2013 name resolves properly.

When we check contact details in peoples it shows First name,Last name etc just fine, but same does not resolve by name in outlook 2013.We have come to know of bugs in OL2013 peoples section-but does this issue really relates to those bugs.

Any way kindly help us resolve the issue.

Thanks

Rajesh Lodha

LML Limited

KANPUR-UP

India​

• digg.gif

• delicious.gif

• technorati.gif

• twitter.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Brian Outlook List of custom task views missing in OL2013 Using Outlook 2
Tom.Schaefer Color for Mail-folder in OL2013 Using Outlook 1
E OL2013 Notes Form Issue - Menus Using Outlook 6
D ActivitiesTab in OL2000 - same functionality in OL2013? Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Contact deletion Using Outlook 2
R Roadrunner Email Settings | Contact Roadrunner Customer Support Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 365 No scroll bars in Contact Using Outlook 2
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
M Disable Contact Card Results when using "Search People" in Outlook Ribbon Using Outlook 7
M Contact suggestion Using Outlook 2
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker HowTo Change message Class of contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
Witzker HowTo start a macro with an Button in OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Witzker Pls help to change the code for inserting date in Ol contact body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Time for another article on contact cards? Using Outlook 0
O Create a custom contact form - questions before messing things up... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
GregS 2016 Contact List being managed by Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
A Sending contact vcards sends older version instead of updated version Using Outlook 4