Custom Contact form queries (date control & contact/calender linking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitchUK

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi everyone, I am currently putting together a custom contact form so that I can begin to input company employee details into outlook contacts - however I have come across two problems.

The first is only a slight one, perhaps due to my inexperience; I have added the date control box (OlkDateControl) option into the controls toolbox, so that I can add a field where I can put employee birth dates and start dates and have them appear on the first page rather than on its own in the details page - and have done this successfully. However, when selecting the date I have to scroll through each month and there is no option to scroll through years with ease, which is an option I was hoping would be available. I was wondering if this is at all possible (I do realise that you can type the year into the box but others will be using this and I can never be sure if they will realise this and bypass it by going the long way round of scrolling through each month to reach the required year instead).

The second problem is one of more importance. I had the idea of linking our staff holidays calendar to our staff contacts - whereby after creating the appointment/holiday on the calendar, I can assign a contact to this and it will appear in their contact file. Once done, I can then insert a custom box or form or whatever which will detail how many days holiday have been had, preferably a locked box which rises in numerical value as and when the calendar is updated with that persons holiday.

With this issue, I have managed to find my way around internet hint and tip websites and completed part of this; as I can now link a contact to a calendar appointment/holiday and it will appear in their contact activities, which as solved part of the issue as at least our staff can see which dates they have previously taken and the duration of each holiday. However the final piece of this is still something I cannot find out how to complete - which is how to get a box on the main/general contact page where it shows the total amount of days holiday.

Sorry to write a lengthy description, and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Dates: the date control is limited in functionality. If you click on the Month Year you can jump ahead a few months.

Counting holidays is going to be harder - I'm not sure the best way to do it, but you'll need to increment a field value with each new holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Create a custom contact form - questions before messing things up... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
Victor_50 Outlook 2013 Custom Contact Form starts with "E-mail 2" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Randy Redekopp How To Merge Contact Info to Email Custom Form Template Using Outlook 2
R Custom Contact Form how to update when loaded. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Copy Contact field to Appointment Custom Form Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to Outlook with a custom form using Access VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z how to make OL (2007) to use custom contact form when importing / opening .VCF? Using Outlook 1
oliv- Why custom form is different from original ipm.contact ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Q Custom Contact Form - applied to existing contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
F Custom contact form icon issue Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Custom Contact Form Attach Files in new notes fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
makinmyway Can I add a Map It Button to Custom Contact Form? How? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Z outlook 2007 - opening a contact from the search results doesn't use the custom form Using Outlook 10
T Cannot view main tab of contact custom form BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J How to create a user defined dropdown list field for a custom contact form Using Outlook 3
B Contact changes from Personal to Shared when opening custom form Using Outlook 0
H Custom Contact form not working in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
H Custom Outlook Contact form Using Outlook 1
P OL2010 - custom form contact picture Using Outlook 0
C Custom Contact form - erase default value Using Outlook 0
J Sharing Contact w/ a custom form Using Outlook 3
H How can you add a URL field in a Outlook Custom Contact form? Using Outlook 6
P migration issue from OL2003 to OL2010 with custom contact form Using Outlook 7
C Contact Custom Form - Category View Using Outlook 3
G how to set contact custom form as default contact form? Using Outlook 7
A Custom contact form replaced with the default OL form for another user Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A New Contact entry (custom form) get saved in a public folder and doesn't appear in Outolook Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Checkboxes in Contact Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Custom Contact Form in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Accessing contact's custom properties in a Outlook 2007 form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Backup .OST - Custom Contact Forms, Defined Fields, Notes Using Outlook 1
P Creating custom contact forms Using Outlook 2
J How Can I Change Owner of Custom Contact? Using Outlook 1
J Controlling/Changing owner of a Custom Contact item Using Outlook 0
V Custom UI Runtime Error in Business Contact Manager for Outlook (2013) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
T Custom Contact Forms and User Properties Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Q More than one Notes section in custom contact forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1