Outlook Form... cont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary E

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello

I posted a question a while ago and I've now managed to create a working form... I'm not slow it's just that I have other stuff to do :)

I now have a form that can be sent to any user, filled in, sent to a manager... authorised and sent to myself, giving me an application and an electronic signature from the line manager, and I've also located the elusive "Organizational Forms Library" and stored the form there, this allows any user to open it reguardless of version of outlook (we vary from 2003 to 2010) but what I'd like to do now is create a shortcut to paste on the intranet rather than send it out, I've got a shortcut working but as its route is the local drive it looks to the local version of outlook... This is my problem, is there a way around this "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE" /c "IPM.Note.file name".

once this bit is sorted then I'm going to try and link a button to a new authorisation form rather than send the same form for a box to be ticked

Talking aloud :) I can run it from any pc using the run command and outloook.exe /c"IPM... can this direct way from "RUN" be changed to a shortcut? or is that A WEB FORUM QUESTION?

to use switches in a url, you need to use scripting - the url runs the script, which runs the shortcut. .bat files are probably blocked by security, but that would be a simple way to do it without knowing scripting.

as this is Intranet rather than Internet then the scripts may be allowed, I cant find any info of what sort of script I should use, as stated previously i'm a novice, but if I can find examples I can work out the changes to open outlook and the form

I've asked the intranet person to look into creating s script/shortcut to run any version of outlook then the form script, unfortunately they failed and told me the best was is to create a shortcut for each version... apart from looking messy I cant expect normal users to know which version of outlook they are using... please any help would be useful even just tell me what to look for online

I'll take a look at it in the morning. We should be able ot figure something out.

Thanks, I've tried so many ways to create an online application form, being told one format after another, then when I do it in Outlook and they can't create a shortcut I'm told to present it as a project, the form looks OK in this format and seems to do it's job, now all I want to do is link it :)

I can go to any computer (any version of outlook) and start the run command and insert OUTLOOK.EXE /c "IPM.Note.form-name" and it works, but shortcuts insist on the full location address including office10, 11, 14 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
bdsermons Outlook 365 command button in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
cbufacchi Outlook 365 Populate custom Outlook Appoint form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Read Outlook Form fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Compound IF, OR, AND in Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Validating Outlook form with "OR" and "AND" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook Custom Form Scripting only working when clicking on "Run this form" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Making a Date field mandatory in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Custom Outlook Form - Populate Information from Radio Button / Check Box Using Outlook 0
J Program Checkbox that will activate a text box in a Outlook fallible form. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Outlook Custom Form: Adding Dropdown(Project Code) at the end of subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H VB script in outlook form doesn't work anymore Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
E Outlook Form - Voting Responses Not Auto Processing If Form Contains Any Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook Custom Form Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky The custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Contacts - Design This Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Passing a form field as a parameter from Outlook Using Outlook 12
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to Outlook with a custom form using Access VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A From box in custom outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H I need a developer to customize an Outlook Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form Code Not Working Using Outlook 20
P Task form created in outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Outlook 2007 Custom Form and Toolbar Not Working Using Outlook 5
moron Outlook form dissapear after sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook Custom Contact Form Attach Files in new notes fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
H Preventing the Send button from being clicked on an Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2010: can't forward appointment on custom form Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 form is displaying old form layout Using Outlook 3
S Custom Outlook Form 2013 Displaying fields incorrectly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Create a URL hyperlink in an Outlook custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook Custom form check if there an attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2013 won't convert Excel contacts into Outlook contacts using my custom form Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form Webpage Using Outlook 23
B Is it possible with Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Custom Form code not working - Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Cannot copy outlook form to mailbox of exchange 2k13 user Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook 2010 custom form olk control font size increases everytime form is published Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J New Outlook 2007 form - try to send and get error Operation Failed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Z outlook 2007 - opening a contact from the search results doesn't use the custom form Using Outlook 10
Witzker Outlook bug when creating a user defined contact form? Using Outlook 1