Outlook 2010 Search Folder criteria for all mails to and from external domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlook

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi , is it possible to create a search folder for all email sent to and from a particular domain? If so how would I construct the criteria please.

I would like to create a search folder to show all emails I receive and send to particular clients where I deal with a large number of individuals within each client. Using the 'Mail from and to specific people' is not practical.

Thanks

Re: Outlook 2010 Search Folder criteria for all mails to and from external dom

I'm not sure for O2010, but within O2013 you also have the possibility to "Create a custom Search folder".

First give it a name, than define the criteria. Here choose "Advanced" and than choose in Field\All Mail fields the field "To". As Conditior choose "contains" and als Value write in the Domain. Eg. "@ibm.com".

With this you get all the mails written to people from IBM. Now do the same for the field "From".

Hope this helps.

BR, Fritz

I'm not sure for O2010, but within O2013 you also have the possibility to "Create a custom Search folder".

First give it a name, than define the criteria. Here choose "Advanced" and than choose in Field\All Mail fields the field "To". As Conditior choose "contains" and als Value write in the Domain. Eg. "@ibm.com".

With this you get all the mails written to people from IBM. Now do the same for the field "From".

Hope this helps.

BR, Fritz

Thanks Fritz but this criteria only delivers emails into the search folder that have the @name.com in both the to and the from fields which delivers only 5% of the mails I have sent to and received from this client over the past few months. What I need is a way to have all mails I send to the client's different people and all their responses. Any ideas?

Hmm. Using @domain.name should get all mail to or from the addresses. Oh, you used the From field in the Advanced tab. That is display name only. Use the From field on the first page. (I think the To field on either tab looks at the email address but never tested it, I know the from does not.)

This VBA works on messages to or from a contact - http://www.slipstick.com/developer/create-an-outlook-search-folder-using-vba/ - it could be tweaked to use the domain of the selected contact.

Hmm. Using @domain.name should get all mail to or from the addresses. Oh, you used the From field in the Advanced tab. That is display name only. Use the From field on the first page. (I think the To field on either tab looks at the email address but never tested it, I know the from does not.)

This VBA works on messages to or from a contact - http://www.slipstick.com/developer/create-an-outlook-search-folder-using-vba/ - it could be tweaked to use the domain of the selected contact.

Thanks Diane, using the 'From' on the first page only delivers the emails from the various people in my various clients. How can I get the search folder for the client to show all emails received from all their people and my replies to all their people at their domain.name? This will be a great win if we can do it. Thanks

It should work - but if not, the to or from specific people search can be used (i just tested it and it works) - instead of selecting a name in the address picker, type the domain or part of domain. Same basic idea as here: Creating rules that apply to an entire domain

search-folder.png

Note that search folders are per-data file, so everything needs to be in the same mailbox or personal folder.

It should work - but if not, the to or from specific people search can be used (i just tested it and it works) - instead of selecting a name in the address picker, type the domain or part of domain. Same basic idea as here: Creating rules that apply to an entire domain

View attachment 755

Note that search folders are per-data file, so everything needs to be in the same mailbox or personal folder.

Thanks Diane, here is the current situation.

For one client in my manual created client subfolder under my Outlook in box I have 1789 emails to and from different people in this important client firm.

I right clicked on Search Folder in Outlook 2010 and selected 'New Search Folder'

I highlighted 'Mail from and to specific people' in the 'mail from the people and lists' area in the 1st dialogue box.

I hit 'Choose' in the bottom of the dialogue box.

As you suggested, In the pop up dialogue box - 'Select names: Global address list' I went to the bottom of the dialogue box and in the area 'from or sent to' area I entered 'importantclientdomain.com and clicked OK.

The search folder started populating.

BUT it only shows 885 emails with very few from me to individuals at my client's domain.

So, I am still looking for a way to confidently create a search folder that will show all emails received from all individuals at a client domain and sent to all individuals at a client domain.

If anyone can solve this I think Diane Poremsky can but everyone is welcome to support this question.

Thanks people.

First thing... are you looking at the total message count or the total unread message count?

Can you identify missing messages and see anything similar with them?

First thing... are you looking at the total message count or the total unread message count?

Can you identify missing messages and see anything similar with them?

The email count is total emails (only a small number are not read) The search folder created with your last suggestion only has 32 mails sent by me in reply to emails from my client.

In my manually created Client subfolder in my inbox I have 865 emails from me to my client's people. I currently file all my replies to clients in my client folders. I am looking at using Search Folders to reduce the need for filing anything in folders.

Thanks

The email count is total emails (only a small number are not read) The search folder created with your last suggestion only has 32 mails sent by me in reply to emails from my client.

In my manually created Client subfolder in my inbox I have 865 emails from me to my client's people. I currently file all my replies to clients in my client folders. I am looking at using Search Folders to reduce the need for filing anything in folders.

Thanks

I have tried Diane's suggestion twice now - both times it shows all mails FROM the client domain but only 32 out of my 865 mails TO people in that domain. Is it possible to create a search folder to sow all emails from and to all people(including me) to a client domain? Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.