Status
Not open for further replies.

ianm

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi Team,

I have an Outlook.com account activated and set up, and accessed fine from Outlook 2013 via EAS.

I have the account set up as EAS account accessed via Hotmail settings in iPad mail. All was working fine till two days ago. Now it takes a ridiculous amount of time to open emails on the iPad with the rotating cycle continuing, "loading" message and eventually "no response from server"

Microsoft acknowledged the problem for two days, now says fixed, but it sure isn't. https://status.live.com/detail/hotmail

Is anyone else experiencing this and have any solutions?

Cheers

Ian

I agree. They are now saying

"There's a problem with Outlook right now.
Details
Problem A small percentage of mobile users may experience intermittent issues while syncing email. 18 August 4:36 AM"

<tbody>

</tbody>

When you say remove and recreate the account, do you mean in Outlook Office, or from Office.com ? If Outlook.com, wouldn't I loose all emails?

Cheers

Ian

Again? Sheesh.

Oh, btw, they others said they restarted the devices, not that they recreated the accounts, to get mail flowing again once the server was up.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and no, you won't lose the mail. It's all stored on the server and Outlook will re-download the mail from the server. But try restarting outlook and any mobile devices before trying the new account method.

Just to be clear, you mean in Office Outlook 2013 and on the iPad to remove and re-add the EAS access to the Outlook.com account, and not close the Outlook.com account (which says all data including messages, ID and password are lost.)

Ian

Yes, just remove it from the device and add it back, if restarting the computer or device doesn't fix it (On the iPad, it might be faster just to remove the account and add it back).

Microsoft advise it is fixed and I would agree it is finally. After 4 days of being off the air from email on my iPad, I hope it doesn't happen again.

I am now very conscious of the little rotating circle on the iPad when Mail is checking the server. Occurs often on EAS accounts.

Thanks for help

Cheers

Ian

Fingers crossed that it stays fixed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
I Not receiving video files sent by iPad Using Outlook 1
M Outlook and ipad syncing Using Outlook 1
X Problem Transferring Subset of Outlook 2013 Contacts to iPad/iPhone Using Outlook 5
J IPAD Outlook OWA App - Help using Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
J Can I get real Outlook functionality in an Ipad app? Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 has stopped sinking with my iPhone and iPad Using Outlook 1
D Syncing Outlook 2002 with iPad 128 KB Using Outlook 1
P Sync Problems Outlook with iPad 2 Using Outlook 3
C Syncing ipad contacts to Outlook 2007 on my PC Using Outlook 3
T Calendar sync off by 1 hour - outlook 2010 / icloud 2.1 / ipad Using Outlook 2
E Outlook and iPad syncing, IMAP and iCloud Using Outlook 11
Commodore Tasks and iPad Using Outlook 5
R Outlook Connector wont sync with iPhone/iPad Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
L Help connecting to hosted exchange server 2016 Using Outlook 0
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 Outlook not connecting to servers at Comcast. Using Outlook 3
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
J Problems connecting to BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
D Connecting to Exchange changes calendar functionality Exchange Server Administration 1
C connecting to recent outlook file on new hard drive Using Outlook 2
K BCM - Connecting to Shared Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
N Outlooking not connecting. Connection present Using Outlook 1
S Connecting to OMA from Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
B Initial "Connecting" to public folders on startup Using Outlook 8
D Issues connecting to echange Using Outlook 7
S Outllook 2007 stops connecting with Exchange after latest MS Updates Using Outlook 2
B Outlook not connecting to my email/server Using Outlook 1
D Connecting BCM 2007 to a shared BCM 2003 Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
C Connecting to an addin in Outlook 2010 (or not) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Connecting BCM 2007 to SQL Server 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B connecting to shared database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E Connecting to database failed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
B Problem connecting to local BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Outlook 2016 Does not Shutdown Correctly Using Outlook 3
P URL Hyperlink not working correctly in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2013 not fixed correctly by Microsoft!! Using Outlook 3
J it goes like outlook has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, wi Using Outlook 2
A BCM does not start correctly BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
E BCM Contacts & Accounts not displaying correctly BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
K Outlook 2007 Calendar - Time spinner does not function correctly Using Outlook 1
K Reply or forward - some e-mails do not display correctly Using Outlook 3
T VSTO Outlook add-in: Categories not displaying correctly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C SQLDUMPER library does not turn on correctly when the computer isturned on each time. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1