Status
Not open for further replies.

nickill2

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I'm having issues with a computer at work. The user is trying to setup outlook, but everytime they start up outlook it shuts down, saying it can't connect to the exchange server. There is a network connection present. He has been using outlook threw OWA.

I've tried everything i can to get it to work. I've made a PST file, and that seemed to kinda help. It at least allowed me to get INTO outlook. Before it would just give the error and exit.

I've tried triple checking the exchange server, and it is correct. It will reach it when you setup a email account. but if you try to start up outlook, it just errors right on out.

OUTLOOK version 2007

Exchange version 2007 I think. (Dont honestly know)

Network connection IS PRESENT.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Does it start up if you use safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

Check the event viewer - are there any events for outlook?

Did you set up the account or did you use Outlook's auto account setup to create it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Outlook 2010 Outlook not connecting to servers at Comcast. Using Outlook 3
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
J Problems connecting to BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
D Connecting to Exchange changes calendar functionality Exchange Server Administration 1
C connecting to recent outlook file on new hard drive Using Outlook 2
K BCM - Connecting to Shared Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
I iPad not connecting correctly to Outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
S Connecting to OMA from Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
B Initial "Connecting" to public folders on startup Using Outlook 8
D Issues connecting to echange Using Outlook 7
S Outllook 2007 stops connecting with Exchange after latest MS Updates Using Outlook 2
B Outlook not connecting to my email/server Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 stopped connecting with Exchange server Using Outlook 1
D 2007 Outlook no longer connecting with AOL account. Help, small business! Using Outlook 1
S Problem connecting to shared calendars from Outlook 2003 Exchange Server Administration 7
D Publisher 2010 (x64) not connecting with Outlook 2010 (x64) via Mail Merge Using Outlook 1
J outlook 2011 for mac not connecting to exchange 2007, previous entourage does & i can ping the serve Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Connector Not Connecting Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2010 Trial Is Up and Now 2007 Address Books Aren't Connecting to Contacts Using Outlook 24
H Outlook Contacts gone after connecting to Server 2008 Using Outlook 1
R Connecting Outlook to Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 1
M Connecting to the server. Using Outlook 4
W Connecting to Server Using Outlook 2
T Outlook not connecting to exchange server while connected to VPN Using Outlook 1
H Exchange 2010 mgm console not connecting to local exchange, redirects to other exchange 2010 server Exchange Server Administration 6
J Office Mac 2011 not connecting to Exchange server 2003 Using Outlook 2
P When connecting to an AOL account all mail is downloaded but syncronizing subscribed folders hangs. Any ideas! Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 losing correct logon details when connecting to Exchange 2010. Using Outlook 3
J Connecting a Driod Phone with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
L Connecting contacts to other programs Using Outlook 2
P hub server connecting directly to FOPE? Exchange Server Administration 5
L Outlook not connecting? Both with Domain joined and external machines. Exchange Server Administration 4
A How does a DAG Function in Exchange 2010 over the WAN if I have 2 sites connecting over a DS3 line o Exchange Server Administration 3
W "Looking for credential tiles..." when connecting to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
G Outlook 2007 defaulting to TCP/IP for connecting to Exchange 2003 on setup Using Outlook 1
S Problem connecting Outlook2010 via POP3 to Exchange2003 Server Using Outlook 1
A Apple Mail not connecting to 2007 through 2010 CAS Using Outlook 7
S When printing an html file, error: connecting the server for information Using Outlook 2
F Outlook Connector stuck on "connecting" and does not sync any e-mails Using Outlook 10
K Connecting Outlook Pro 2010 (beta) to Windstream mail Using Outlook 6
S "Could not connect to server" error when connecting to Facebook and Linked In Social Network connect Using Outlook 3
C connecting outlook 2007 with my gmail account Using Outlook 2
R OUtlook 2010 not connecting after CASArray configured Exchange Server Administration 15
A Outlook 2010/2007 not connecting to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
J Outlook 2003 IMAP not connecting to server. Local inbox empty. Using Outlook 2
T when connecting to ISP, always asked for network password. Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 calendar hangs after connecting to internet calendar from office live workspace beta Using Outlook 1
H Very slow response in connecting Outlook with Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 4
K Outlook keep connecting and disconnection randomly. Using Outlook 1
C No Emails after connecting Outlook 2010 to SBS 2003 Using Outlook 1