The incoming task is not valid ((when users are accepting a Task)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaqMan32

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
We are using Outlook 2010 and when a user is assigned a Task and they receive the email to "Accept" or "Decline", whichever one they chose and click OK, Outlook does not send the response back but it goes into the person's Outbox.

When you open that email, it shows that the email is "Read Only" and "The incoming task is not valid".

Now if I take the user out of Cache mode, then it works OR if I unchecked the "Worshare Com Add-In", it also works. However, the Firm wants everyone in Cache Mode and we also need the Add-in. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? We are on an Exchange server running Exchange 2010.

Any help would be appreciated as we really need to use the Tasks feature.

Thank you.

We are using v7.5 and I know 8.0 is out. I contacted Workshare and they stated they have not heard of this issue with any version of Workshare.

I checked their support site and didn't see anything - but noticed for one problem they said to upgrade. (I don't recall the problem, it wasn't this.) Because the problem goes away when the addin is disabled, it's likely caused by it.

Is that the only addin you use?

I wonder... if workshare sees the TNEF data as an attachment and bugs out on the winmail.dat file. Do you get the error when you send a message with RTF formatting?

Subtle changes to cached mode may be in play too, or even something like an update to antivirus could cause problems.

Hi Diane,

Sorry to respond so late - have been pulled onto other projects. Anyway, this is not the only add-in we use. We have several. I have unloaded all and then re-loaded all - one at a time - to see which one would cause the "accepting task" email to just go into the Outbox and it was only the "Workshare Outlook COM Add-in". If this is not loaded, then accepting Tasks works. Unfortunately, we need the Workshare one loaded because that is the "Protect" - so it comes into play when we are sending out attachments.

I have Workshare v8 installed and just tested it - had a user to send me a Task and I accepted it and the email went out (have not tweaked any of the settings yet). The bad part to this is now we have to upgrade Workshare for everyone in the first (400+) OR we may just do it for the users right now that are having the issue. I have to fully test and tweak the settings to what we use and then go from there. Will keep you posted if this does work for everyone once all settings have been tweaked (note: I originally checked the settings in v7.5 when this first started happening and did not see anything that could be causing it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Specific Incoming Email Address Immediately Deleted Using Outlook 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Aussie Rules Run a Script on an Incoming Email OK and then the Email reverts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 25
oliv- How to distinguish whether mail is incoming or outgoing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Search for incoming e-mails for a specified time range Using Outlook 1
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook 2016 customization of incoming messages Using Outlook 1
T Incoming Mail Changes Fonts Using Outlook 0
R VBA to manage incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Capture incoming emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Changing notification sound for new incoming messages in Outlook 365/2016 Using Outlook 1
D VBA to edit body of incoming email and forwarding it Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
P Use VBA to alert if new incoming email fits criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Processing Incoming E-mails with Macros Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text from incoming emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 25
Danny2015 how to change incoming mail conversationtopic successfully Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R IMAP & Outlook 2007: incoming messages still going to old Inbox. Using Outlook 3
A Incoming mail not downloading Using Outlook 2
G Rule starting a VB macro against incoming email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Setup expire date for incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
MattC Some fonts the wrong size in incoming emails in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 6
C Mark all incoming emails as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Emerogork How do I set up an "Incoming mail filter" Using Outlook 12
A Gibberish Titles & Attachments @ incoming Outlook 2013 emails Using Outlook 1
K Ask about a simple script about save a incoming mail as file on local PC Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Best way to identify/designate contacts in incoming emails? Using Outlook 4
J How to sort incoming email that is sent to a different address to my main one? Using Outlook 1
M Incoming invites to my imap account does not sync to outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 29
Commodore Unified inbox or incoming messages view Using Outlook 27
P Automatic reply on incoming messages in outlook using VBA(only Specifi person) Using Outlook 14
A Alerts on incoming emails which are not responded since 1 day Using Outlook 1
J Cannot read incoming emails Using Outlook 2
G Modify Subject line of incoming mail where I am in Cc line Using Outlook 1
J Incoming emails going to wrong sub-folder Using Outlook 4
S Rule to Auto-forward/re-direct a specific incoming email to a group via BCC? Using Outlook 1
F How to change all incoming fonts to black? Using Outlook 3
T Unset alerts from incoming email Using Outlook 11
S Outlook incoming mail & color blindness Using Outlook 2
E Creating rules for incoming emails to be forwarded Using Outlook 2
H new incoming email going to CONTACTS folder?!? Using Outlook 2
J Saving Incoming & Outgoing Outlook 2010 Email Locally with IMAP Using Outlook 2