Calendar Reminders are Removed with Sync to Outlook.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Green

Outlook version
Email Account
I recently have started having an issue with my calendar reminders in Outlook 2007 being changed from some amount of time (say 15 minutes) to none after Outlook Connector syncs with Outlook.com.
This just started happening recently, like this week I think (May 5th).
I create an appointment with a 15 minute reminder, send/receive through Outlook Connector, and the reminder changes to "none".
The reminders are there on my Android phone and on Outlook.com.
I do have default reminders set in Outlook.com for "Notifications on your devices" and "Email (myemail@mydomain.com)". Both are set for 15 minutes for default.
If I setup an appointment with a 1 hour reminder, Outlook.com and Android pick up the 1 hour reminder. Outlook 2007 reminder changes to "none".
Do you know if Microsoft changed something recently to cause this?
Does Office 365 capture this properly?

Thanks for the help!
-Alex

They are working on some upgrades, so its possible they did something to change the behavior. Someone else was complaining that unwanted reminders were being added, so outlook 2013 will have different behavior...

I'll know more about the upgrades later in the week.

AS an FYI, this bug is in the bug database and they are working on it. I have no idea when it will be fixed though.

I am having the same issue. I noticed though that sometimes the reminders do show up in the Outlook reminders, even though the reminder time is now set to "none" (it doesn't seem to be consistent though).

I also just had one reminder that I deleted a few days ago show up in the Outlook reminders, even though it is no longer in Outlook, or Outlook.com, or on my phone. So, it seems like a very strange bug. Are these quirks part of the bug database?

Thank you very much for all of your posts by the way, using them was the only way I got Outlook synching with my phone in the first place!

Diane

On ghost reminders, try restarting outlook with the /cleanreminders switch.

I'm pretty sure the reminder time issue is related to the known issues with outlook.com sync.

I have recently found that during sync the participants are also removed from the meeting in addition to the reminder being set to none.

Alex

i'll check on it, this wasn't one of the bugs they mentioned but I'm sure its related and i'll make sure they know about it. Thanks.

Same here. I also tried adding a calendar item with reminder in my ipad which has my outlook.com configured, it gets to outlook.com but when I get it in my laptop outlook calendar, the reminder has been reset to none. Looks like the route from outlook.com going through Outlook connector to the laptop's outlook software pst calendar is not passing on the reminder field. www.wingsdomain.com

I just did a test. I created a meeting in Outlook.com (not in Outlook 2007) and invited several of my own emails from different services (2 from my own domain that use outlook.com, 2 from gmail.com, 2 from yahoo.com). I used a reminder of 30 minutes.
The 2 Outlook.com emails use Outlook 2007 with Hotmail Connector and are also connected to my Android using Exchange Active Sync. I accepted all the invited from each email.
After some time (maybe an hour), the list of attendees has disappeared. It is now gone from all Outlook accounts, that includes Outlook.com, Outlook 2007, Android, ... And the reminder is gone as well.
This is a serious problem.

If I decide to upgrade to Office 365 (I would rather stay with what I have BUT...) will this issue be solved? As a business owner this is creating a huge problem for me.

Thanks,

Alex

Office 365 as in the office 2013 suite or do you mean the Exchange online? I'll have to double check it on outlook 2013, but AFAIK, this problem does not occur with EAS accounts.

Sorry, I mean Office 2013.
This almost feels like they are trying to get people to stop using outlook.com for business and/or get them to upgrade to the newer versions of Office.
Also, I want to thank you for being so prompt in replying to people's posts.
-Alex

FWIW, my Outlook 2007 reminders came back today, knock on wood!

- wingsdomain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.