shared calendar reminders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComeOnn22

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Help!

We are currently using a shared calendar at work to implement everyones vacation time into one standard location. There is the owner of this calendar(the boss) and we are all just reviewers(employees). My boss and I are trying to find a way to allow reminders to pop up on everyones computer(the people involved with the calendar card only) that says so and so is on vacation tomorrow etc. We can't seem to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

This is not possible unless the appointment is sent to them as a meeting. You could send a email when the reminder comes up on your calendar - Send an email when an Appointment reminder fires - Slipstick Systems

Diane, I have a question that is a variation on this same theme.

I have a small workgroup of people that are geographically spread out (US & Canada). We have a shared calendar so that I can keep track of what projects everyone are or will be working on on the calendar over the coming months.

Can I be notified when a change has been made to the shared calendar? I don't necessarily want to be invited to everything and then have to decline. Just an email that X person changed (or added or deleted) the Y appointment on the Shared Calendar.

I can have them add me to the attendee list for everything so that I get notifications but then that clutters up my own calendar.

Regards,

Robert

Use a list view on the shared calendar, select all, copy. You can't import it (using the import command) because it's not in a data file Outlook will import from.

Hi –

In my office we have a shared calendar under the name "calendar@domainname.com". All appointments are made and shared by #Staff in this calendar. I am trying to turn off the reminders for one user, my boss, in particular. My understanding is that once he is invited [and accepts], it will send him a reminder to his personal Outlook at his computer. I have changed his Outlook settings in Tools>Options to have no default reminder. He is still receiving reminders to his desktop, one of which is 62 weeks old. I have "marked all as read" in this calendar and have logged into Calendar@domainname.com to see if there were any reminder settings.

He is still receiving reminders and I need them to stop. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
D Reminders in Outlook shared calendar Using Outlook 2
Z Reminders for all members of a shared calendar Using Outlook 1
R How to turn OFF the Reminders for shared calendar events but not off personal Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Reminders for a Shared Calendar Using Outlook 9
S Shared Calendar Need To Stop Receiving Other Peoples Reminders Using Outlook 3
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Updating existing entry on shared calendar wants to send update from delegate Using Outlook 0
M Using conditional formatting on a shared calendar with categories Using Outlook 6
D Outlook macros to create meeting on shared calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C Outlook Shared Calendar Using Outlook 1
K Other Shared Calendar on Outlook cannot change items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Diane Poremsky Shared Calendar Can't Be Deleted Using Outlook 0
A Get shared calendar name or id in custom appointment form Using Outlook 0
Mark Foley Problem subscribing to shared calendar Using Outlook 1
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Shared calendar not updating Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky How to View a Shared Calendar on a Smartphone Using Outlook 0
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
J Auto Accept Notifications from a shared icloud calendar? Using Outlook 4
M Create an Appointment from XL Spreadsheet in a Shared Calendar. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F e-mail reminder for shared calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Email notification on creation of an appointment shared calendar? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Rory Campion Not getting a warning when a shared calendar item has been updated by someone else Using Outlook 2
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
I how to create appointment using saved template onto public folder shared calendar Using Outlook 3
Alex Hall When updating shared calendar, it does not automatically update personal calendar Using Outlook 3
J Creating an "isolated" shared calendar in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Excel to Shared Outlook Calendar Using Outlook 1
T Shared Calendar usable from Intranet Using Outlook 2
R How to copy outlook 2010 shared calendar appointment or meeting to personal calendar by vba? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Open meeting in organizer's shared calendar Using Outlook 0
R New computer, OL2010 unable to display shared calendar appointments Exchange Server Administration 3
A Shared Calendar Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
T Setting Color codes for each user of a shared Calendar Using Outlook 1
M Calendar navigation displays previous field records.check calendar is shared.. Using Outlook 3
S Some people can not see the contents of my shared calendar. Using Outlook 2
S Viewing shared calendar on smart phones Using Outlook 1
M outlook shared calendar data export to excel sheet Using Outlook 1
K Prevent meeting requests being sent from a shared calendar in a group mailbox Using Outlook 1
D Selecting shared calendar for appointment/meeting templates Using Outlook 2
L Shared calendar appointments received as emails, stays in inbox! Using Outlook 1
N Prevent reminder dismisal in shared calendar Using Outlook 1
E Shared Calendar Permissions Exchange Server Administration 4