Autocomplete not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

useful

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I imported my Contacts into Outlook using a CSV file and all my Contacts are successfully in Outlook.

All my Contacts are also in the Autocomplete cache, because although it was empty to start with, I added all entries using 'Add from Address Book' using Nk2Edit.

The problem is that when I try and use Autocomplete in an email, only some of the Contacts appear and most don't.

I have renamed the Autocomplete cache to OLD, emptied the cache and removed the checkmark on Autocomplete in Outlook, then emailed someone and tested that the Autocomplete function worked and it did. Using Nk2Edit, I then merged the OLD cache with the cache that had the working email address and it still behaved the same way ... only some of the Contacts appear in Autocomplete, regardless of everyone being in the cache.

I have run ScanPST twice, all to no avail although it confirms that the repair completed.

I have run out of ideas,. so if anyone can think of anything to fix this, I would be delighted.

Thanks in advance.

useful

Thanks for your response, but I started with a fresh Autocomplete cache with a known working single email address in it and merged that with the cache that had all of my Contacts.

My problem is that although all my Contacts are now in the Autocomplete cache, only some of them appear when I try to use Autocomplete.

The mystery is that no matter how many times I repeat this process, it is always the same few Contacts that appear when I try to use Autocomplete, even when I start again and populate the cache from the Address Book with Nk2Edit.

Right. But what you've got now, from the steps you've referenced having done already, admittedly isn't working for you.
The "blow-them-out" and the "repopulate" steps at the link above should be quick and painless; and having started with a clean slate...
Say that performing those two steps do not produce the results you're seeking -- Restoring a backup/renamed copy or Redoing the merge with Nk2Edit should be quick and painless and have you back where you are now.

Thank you.

Your last phrase is spot on ... having done what you have suggested a number of times now, I am back precisely 'where I am now'.

Unfortunately, this is not the solution to the problem. I wish it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Autocomplete not working on new email account Using Outlook 4
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Autocomplete (Recipients) opens upward Using Outlook 2
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
C Transfer Autocomplete from Pop to Exchange Using Outlook 3
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
G Autocomplete adds suspicious "@unknown.email" to selected contacts Using Outlook 1
J autocomplete function in custom form Using Outlook 1
M Outlook.com autocomplete list invaded by strange items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
M email autocomplete broke.. Using Outlook 5
C Autocomplete losing some (not all) addresses Using Outlook 6
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2013 - transfer autocomplete data Using Outlook 4
A Autocomplete issue Using Outlook 6
Michael Durthaler Outlook 2013 Autocomplete File Is Infected Using Outlook 1
S Recover Autocomplete After Computer Failure Re-install Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2013 AutoComplete Limit Using Outlook 3
Z Copy Outlook 2007 "AutoComplete Contacts” to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
J autocomplete in "To" field does not work for display names Using Outlook 8
U Imported contacts to appear in Autocomplete Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2010 Autocomplete Using Outlook 7
N Outlook should use address in address book before the address in Autocomplete Using Outlook 0
A Help with random numbers in autocomplete emails Exchange Server Administration 3
K Autocomplete list not saving distribution list Using Outlook 3
T Autocomplete, although enabled, does not complete names in TO: Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 2021 Outlook new emails notification not working Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 365 Outlook (part of 365) now working offline - argh Using Outlook 5
G LinkedIn tab missing in Outlook 365 (but working in OWA) Using Outlook 0
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S New Email "From" box stopped working Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Working off line Using Outlook 0
H How to Fix 1510-370-1986 Garmin GPS Not Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2019 Macro not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 365 Outlook not working on linux how to solve it Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Z Outlook.com OST Stopped working without explanation Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G print attachment straight away; working script edit not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Auto-complete stopped working Using Outlook 4
F Searches are not working properly Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Spam filter not working Using Outlook 13
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 2
A Prepending Email Addrs with "Display Name <email>" Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 0
R rules not working - done troubleshooting Using Outlook 0
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Using Outlook 2