IMAP emails size is 0KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi

First time posting here so hopefully I don't break any rules :)

Bit of background details. We're using Outlook 2013 with Exchange hosted by Microsoft as our primary email. We also have IMAP shared folders (though this will be migrated to exchange/sharepoint sometime in the future).

We've got an issue where outlook displays the size of emails in an IMAP account as 0KB. From what I've gathered it only affects emails which have been moved from exchange to IMAP.

I've moved the message back to Exchange and it displays the correct size, same if it's moved to a pst file.
I've fiddled the registry to increase the maximum attachment size to unlimited on my machine and no change. (so this fix: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Preferences,Then add a new DWORD value: MaximumAttachmentSize)
I've set the root folder to be "Inbox" but this didn't end well for me (crashed outlook twice and still didn't fix the problem).

What does work is to remove the IMAP ost file and let it recreate but this isn't really a feasible option as many of the users have ost files in excess of 30GB and some of the IMAP shares reside on geographically different servers (and considering the low line speeds this might take days to recreate).

Does anyone have any words of wisdom that might help :)

Thanks

The rules are: No spam. Be nice. Try to stay on topic. :)

Did you check the sync issues folder? Did you check to see if the messages synced up?

There may be other causes, but I've seen this when the message hasn't synced up.

Hi Diane

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Nothing in my sync issues (though I'll check out some other users before jumping to conclusions) and the messages have definitely synced up because I've checked with others and they can see the message there (along with the size). I've seen a few of your posts and I'm thinking that maybe outlook isn't thinking that it has synced properly even though it has because it's only on the pc/user account where the email was moved.

Hi

Just changed to folder view and found another sync issues folder. This sums up the majority of what is in there

17:11:49 Synchronizer Version 15.0.4613.1000
17:11:49 Synchronizing Mailbox '' (i've removed my email address from here)
17:11:49 Synchronizing Hierarchy
17:11:49 Error synchronizing folder
17:11:49 [800CCCD2-0-0-720]
17:11:49 Terminated in error
17:11:49 [800CCCD2-0-0-720]

The user I have been dealing with is getting mostly
11:46:21 Error synchronizing folder
11:46:21 [8004DF03-0-0-560]
I have a handful of those in my sync issues as well.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L IMAP Emails Disappear Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
CWM030 Outlook 2016 with imap emails keep Resurrecting themselves? Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook not displaying all imap emails Using Outlook 5
B How to 'really' delete IMAP emails? Using Outlook 6
M Cannot Delete Emails from IMAP inbox Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 IMAP "Inbox" not receiving new emails. Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2007, IMAP, and Deleted Emails (not disappearing) Using Outlook 0
R How do I recover emails removed by Outlook because of IMAP? Using Outlook 1
J Save emails in the IMAP sent folder Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003/2007 IMAP emails dont show in inbox Using Outlook 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Discussion for all: IMAP + Safety Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2019 accesses POP3 but says its offline (because of IMAP servers?) Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
B Strange MAPI/Exchange/IMAP behaviour in OL 2016 under10.0.19044.2006 Using Outlook 0
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
P Comcast IMAP broken but their second level support said to call "the Outlook company" Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
Abraham Outlook 2013 Lost my folders when moving from PST to IMAP Using Outlook 11
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
V IMAP backup Using Outlook 0
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
P IMAP Folders Dialog Box Using Outlook 1