connecting to recent outlook file on new hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleo Parker

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi, I'm having a problem for the 2nd time in a couple of years and I want to try and fix it right the second time!

Recently, (June, 2014) our PC had a motherboard failure that caused a hard drive failure, we now have the computer back with new parts, and I had everything backed up via Carbonite, the folks who built and repaired the computer downloaded everything, I re-installed Office Professional 2010. I was able to set up my email account but the pst file it is referencing had no emails newer than 2011. I had this EXACT same problem when we first got this computer, I had multiple PST files, but could never locate the one with recent emails/contacts in it. I ended up with several named accounts and I always had to choose which one to open when I opened Outlook (not a big deal to me) I do not want to put up with this again. I located what I thought was a more current pst file, which had a file size around 1.oG, navigated to it in Outlook, clicked on it, and - nothing appears. Over the years I have accumulated quite a few pst files but it would seem like ONE of the ones with a date in late May would be the right one. What to do? I don't mind having the emails from the past couple weeks in a different account, it's the ones from the past calendar year I am most interested in restoring. Can someone help??

Never Mind, I went into Outlook and I see the old one I opened is there, it was just collapsed below the new + 2011 one I had going already and I didn't notice. Let's change my question to: is there a way to merge the two?

Choose the one you want to keep as the default - if its not the current default, change it in it File, Account Settings. Close the other one, go to File, Open, Import and Export and import the pst you closed.

you'll probably want to disable archiving because it will eventually create another pst and move older mail to it, putting you back in this position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Help connecting to hosted exchange server 2016 Using Outlook 0
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 Outlook not connecting to servers at Comcast. Using Outlook 3
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
J Problems connecting to BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
D Connecting to Exchange changes calendar functionality Exchange Server Administration 1
K BCM - Connecting to Shared Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
I iPad not connecting correctly to Outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
N Outlooking not connecting. Connection present Using Outlook 1
S Connecting to OMA from Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
B Initial "Connecting" to public folders on startup Using Outlook 8
D Issues connecting to echange Using Outlook 7
S Outllook 2007 stops connecting with Exchange after latest MS Updates Using Outlook 2
B Outlook not connecting to my email/server Using Outlook 1
D Connecting BCM 2007 to a shared BCM 2003 Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
C Connecting to an addin in Outlook 2010 (or not) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Connecting BCM 2007 to SQL Server 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B connecting to shared database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E Connecting to database failed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
B Problem connecting to local BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B How to create a button that sorts and selects the most recent message with ONE click Using Outlook 2
V Pin a document to the "Attach file" Recent Documents list Using Outlook 0
A Order of Recent Items in Attach File List Using Outlook 5
M Recent Update Did not Fix Search Problems Using Outlook 7
O See recent emails from a sender Using Outlook 2
M Recent emails disappearing Using Outlook 4
makinmyway Recent Files Not Updating when Using Insert Hyperlink in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010: Conversations view - most recent activity posts to of inbox? Using Outlook 2
B Having Recent Issues with Hotmail Connector? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 17
J Saving recent colors used for fonts in an email? Using Outlook 1
T OWA 2007 recent recipients and OWA 2010 nicknames Exchange Server Administration 5
J Sent Items Folder Isn't Showing the Most Recent Sent Items Using Outlook 7
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0