Status
Not open for further replies.

OCTurbine

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Howdy, y'all,

Yes; I know that OL2000 is old as the hills and twice as dusty, but most of our users don't wanna upgrade.

OK; here's the problem. A user's XP Pro SP3 instance suffered a wobbly local disk last week. One of our techs ran CHKDSK and recovered some stability in the system. We installed a new disk and everything except OL2000 appears to be working.

Somehow what was an IMAP account has become a POP3 account. Dunno how it happened, but mail isn't being received via the POP3 account anyway. I verified the username and password by using the webmail interface via IE8. I created an IMAP account using the parameters specified by the ISP.

The IMAP account doesn't work. Even though it's the default account, only the POP3 account attempts to retrieve new mail every 5 minutes, just as configured. When I manually retrieve mail using the IMAP account, nothing happens.

There have been problems with this OL2000 account before when the Inbox exceeded the 2 GB limit. IIRC, scanpst was used to fix OL2000 last time.

Is there an email log that I can enable to figger out why OL2000 isn't working? What about the .pst files? What should a look for?

Thanks kindly.

The imap account creates it's own pst file, so oversize should not be the issue. Are there any send and receive error messages? There is not email log - just the sync issues log.

Are the pop and imap accounts hitting the same mailbox? If so, is the pop account leaving mail on the server?

Hi Diane, and thanks for your reply. Yes, it's the same mailbox. On POP mail receive the error is 800ccc92h, which is "-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted." But the username and password are correct because the webmail authentication works with those credentials. An MS article stated that it wasn't possible to convert a POP3 account to IMAP so I created an IMAP account that does nothing. No error messages, but haven't looked at the event log in case there might be something there. I found the IMAP file; is there anything that I should look for?

Given that the problem is with OL2000, no long supported, I wonder if we we'd be wise simply to upgrade. I have the Office 2000 installation CD and PK, but I'm remote from the user and I'd hafta upload all of the files via cloud storage to reinstall OL2000. Chasing problems with such old software doesn't seem to be worth it. As my grandfather used to say, time is $.

What about upgrading to Outlook.com or Thunderbird? Ad-free Outlook.com is only $20/year.

Best regards from Laguna Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D ActivitiesTab in OL2000 - same functionality in OL2013? Using Outlook 1
D Unable to change AppointmentItem.Start property Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Unable to Use Alias as From Address Using Outlook 2
R unable to filter tasks when start date is on or before today Using Outlook 3
J Unable to delete folders in Outlook 2019 / Windows Using Outlook 0
D Unable to view older emails in desktop app Using Outlook 0
M Issues with templates - unable to find in old web app Using Outlook 3
Commodore Unable to move message Using Outlook 3
S Unable to change Message Class Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Unable to make changes to an existing Calendar entry Using Outlook 11
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
M Unable to share 2019 calendar Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Unable to load Outlook data pst file Using Outlook 5
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
Q Unable to Sync Quicken reminder with Outlook 2016 64Bit Using Outlook 1
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
S Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders Using Outlook 3
P Deleted Items - Unable to Iterate All of Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
R Unable to install without email account Using Outlook 4
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 2016- unable to have all subfolders expanded when opening outlook Using Outlook 11
avant-guvnor Unable to view certain emails in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 16
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Unable to Send On Behalf of Another User Exchange Server Administration 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Tim King Outlook 365 unable to change accounts Using Outlook 0
R Unable to send mail using Cox.net Using Outlook 1
T Unable to 'Upload a file' using popup 'Browse' button Using Outlook 0
D Unable to add email address to contact Using Outlook 3
G Outlook calendar entry corrupted. Constant pop up when you open outlook. Unable to delete or remove. Using Outlook 2
wallisellener Unable to reply/post/create new thread using Chrome BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
Rupert Dragwater unable to change font sizes in some replies Using Outlook 3
C Unable to see meeting attendees Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
M Unable to email from Word or Excel Using Outlook 11
O Unable to check name. Using Outlook 3
T Unable to create contacts subfolder in EAS profile Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
UncleBill Unable to delete items from gmail IMAP Trash using Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Unable to search delegated mailfile Using Outlook 3
K Unable to activate QueryBuilder in Outlook 2010 (32bit) with Windows 7 (64bit) Using Outlook 1
C Unable to forward email with URL Using Outlook 2