Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeru

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hello All,

I was recently assigned this ticket to find out how to validate email addresses before they are sent. We are currently going through a naming convention change, so some emails are full first name and full last name @ domain.com, while others are first initial full last name @domain. Is there a way in Outlook to validate all email addresses before sending? Or at the very least, all emails that belong to a particular domain, to at least validate inside addresses, and addresses of our major customers and suppliers.

The problem is that even if the address is wrong and it gets sent into nothingness, you would never know because you get the same underline, just like the legit addresses.

We are running mostly Outlook 2007 on our workstations.

dohodoho

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Just to confirm. So it is not enough if you can actually see the full email address being sent to, you actually want to test if the particular email address is valid?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
There is a command you can send to SMTP servers to verify they accept mail for the address but Outlook can't do it and i don't know the commands to use offhand. (I discovered it the other day when I was researching some issues with my mailing list.) Google (or Bing) "bulk mail verify address" for several services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook code to validate textbox value Using Outlook 1
S Outlook to validate task form before sending Using Outlook 5
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
W Macro to Filter Based on Latest Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Create advanced search (email) via VBA with LONG QUERY (>1024 char) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
G Place jpg in body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Wishlist Outlook suddenly began synchronizing deleted items every time I delete a single email. Using Outlook 2
N Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
HarvMan Toggle between calendar and email in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 12
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
G Email time stamp Using Outlook 2
G Schedule recurring email and attachments display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Need to Copy an email to a subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M How to setup outlook after importing old account information - Entering email account info creates with "(1)" after the account! Using Outlook 1
K Multiple Rules on Single Email Using Outlook 2
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
O Same email address, same person, names in so many ways Using Outlook 4
D Create new email from the received Email Body with attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
D Outlook launch email showing new unread email in reading pane Using Outlook 11
B Zoom automatically next email item (VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Outlook adds space to rows in HTML email signatures viewed on mobile Using Outlook 1
M HTML email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 3
M Respond to Outlook Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
U Outlook locking up when replying to Email Using Outlook 7
S Email Generated from another program and then edited sends original email. Using Outlook 2
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
T Original email text not shown when replying or forwarding the email. Using Outlook 6
H Search Email Header for Content Type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A VBA Script - Print Date between first email in Category X and last email in Category Y Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Problem moving file “Email folders.pst” to new PC Using Outlook 5
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P How did hacker cause link to delete and archive containing email? Using Outlook 6
I 'quote marks' around email name Using Outlook 1
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
P i-Phone 6s Plus receiving 2 notifications from Outlook email Using Outlook 1
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
T Why is every new email pinned (to keep it on top)? Windows 10 Using Outlook 6
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 2
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook email to configure setup for each mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Macro to extract email addresses of recipients in current drafted email and put into clipboard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2