Help fix my Outlook 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is editing a Contact while using my Nokia phone the same as doing it online?
I'm not sure as i never tested it to verify, but my guess would be no. Both Outlook & the phone use EAS and i believe this is an EAS bug with (the old) outlook.com implementation, not Outlook. But I could be wrong. It is not a problem with the new outlook.com.

However, if you never get dupes after editing on the phone, then it is a bug in outlook's addition of EAS protocol and you can continue to edit on the phone.

BTW, if you want to get migrated faster, this link might help - Sign In

instructions to change the account are at Outlook.com Migration Status - I'd wait a day or two after migration (assuming that link helps - it does for some, not for others).

I'm not sure as i never tested it to verify, but my guess would be no. Both Outlook & the phone use EAS and i believe this is an EAS bug with (the old) outlook.com implementation, not Outlook. But I could be wrong. It is not a problem with the new outlook.com.

However, if you never get dupes after editing on the phone, then it is a bug in outlook's addition of EAS protocol and you can continue to edit on the phone.

BTW, if you want to get migrated faster, this link might help - Sign In

instructions to change the account are at Outlook.com Migration Status - I'd wait a day or two after migration (assuming that link helps - it does for some, not for others).

I've tried to do it all but even my upgrade to the new server is on hold as apparently I'm a bad boy.
At first it seemed like I was on the way when I saw [UPGRADE ME NOW] and [I'LL WAIT FOR MY UPGRADE].
aaa.jpg

But then after picking the obvious first choice, I soon found myself at Outlook - Waitlist
Almost there. You’re on the waitlist.
It looks like you’re using some features that we’re not supporting in this program yet. Please be patient as we make a few updates. You’ll see what we’ve been working on soon.

That's interesting what you said about editing Contacts in Outlook can create duplicates. I'd noticed some of those in the past and I'd always wondered what was causing that.
I'd thought that maybe I was doing it by hitting the Save link manually after editing something and then leaving it open and maybe editing it more before I hit Close/Save.
So now I guess I should always Edit online or on my phone depending on how you answer what I asked here.
My heart is torn up right now. I did go thru the steps to have my outlook.com moved to the new server yesterday and it gave me some generic bogus notice saying that something of mine was going to take them a while to do.
But now, it has deleted EVERY photo on over 100 Contacts. They're just GONE from my smartphone, my Outlook 2013 and online.
I have the worst luck of anyone that I know. My life has been so good until the past few years. I can hardly stand it.

As my outlook.com was finally being moved to the new server, all of my contact's photos were deleted.
I also just noticed that every single website address that I had listed in all of my Contacts are GONE too. Since 90 of them were restaurant Contacts and their websites were in all of them, that is a major bummer.
I've read now that these issues have been reported by many people. I sure wish that I'd known that before I took the steps to move to the new server yesterday.
I can't believe Microsoft would do this to their users. They surely had to have had some forewarning that this was happening and they should have stopped the rollout until they could fix it. What a disaster. Now I'll probably need to go find the logo images for all 90 and crop them into squares since that is what us needed and then upload them along with adding back in all of those site URLs.
Good God ... life just keeps throwing stuff at me. I can sort of understand how some people go crazy and do some of the stupid stuff that we see on TV, especially if they've been dealing with such injustice their whole life.

I would like to ask for some help on this as I think that I've got what is needed to easily fix this but I don't have a clue about what should be done with what I have. I happen to have an ACER All-in-One desktop Aspire Z with Windows 10 and this same Exchange ActiveSync setup of only my outlook.com email address on it in the Outlook 2013. Quite luckily, this computer was turned OFF the other day when I did the Microsoft server upgrade deal to my outlook.com address so it hasn't been affected by it at all. I was jazzed when I figured out to try disconnecting the internet and then booting Windows and starting Outlook 2013, that all of my Contacts still had photos, if I'd uploaded any on them, along with any Contact that had a website in the Web Page Address field still had one even though both items were GONE for everyone that had had one when I view them after the server upgrade either using my Outlook 2013, outlook.com aka live.com or my Windows phone.
WOO HOO!!!!
So I need to ask how I can get those specific Contacts, or maybe even just all Contacts, from that computer into everything else using the Microsoft outlook.com server. I've got some guesses on how to do this but this is way too important for me to pull a silly ol' Jeff guess.
I'd assume that the first thing will be to back up the data from the computer's Outlook 2013 into a PST. I've done that before but I don't remember how as I'd stopped doing it a few months ago. In fact I just looked and the latest Backup PST that I have is dated 1-25-2016 and it is 276,041 kb but I'd rather make a new one to use for this. I'd like to ask Diane for help in stepping thru this.

Please help me. I don't know enough about Outlook 2013 & outlook.com to mess with it myself. I need help. As I've said, I'm so lucky to actually have a computer with a Outlook set up with Exchange ActiveSync that was OFF as I upgraded my outlook.com to the new server which seems to have deleted any contact photos and website addresses.
I apologize if I've said anything wrong or that sounded disrespectful to anyone as I sure didn't mean anything bad.
I keep checking my Inbox hoping to see a Reply. Please make my day soon.

OK, call this one ANSWERED. I went thru the tedious process of grabbing Contact Photo Copies (show how with PrintScreen) and Website Links for more than 100 People and Company Contacts that the Microsoft outlook.com server & site upgrade had made disappear. Boy, do I ever feel lucky that I had a spare old computer with Outlook 2013 installed on it that had been OFF when I'd made the 'upgrade' so that it had all of that stuff in the OST that I could grab.
I'm going to have that old machine's Outlook burn me a backup PST and keep it just in case I come across something that I forgot to get yesterday.
Now I get to see those ever changing Tiles of logos every time I turn on the display on my Nokia Lumia 635. That's was I've been after all along anyhow.
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

http://fud.community.services.suppo...ashx?fid=1d348e1f-0f9a-4e8b-aec8-8b1591934faf

Status
Not open for further replies.