Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Deady

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

I recently had to refresh my computer and now wish to upgrade the system. Unfortunately I seem to have corrupted my Outlook account. When I try to ad my main email account I get this message:

Log onto incoming server (POP3): Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another email message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR[SYS/TEMP] unable to lock mailbox, 11

I think it may be due to putting the same account twice into the folder pane. The emails are arriving OK (I pick them up in Mailwasher) but I cannot ge them into an Outlook account/folder.

Regards

Martin

When you use pop3, a lock is put on the mailbox when outlook is downloading mail so other clients can't delete mail from the server while outlook is downloading. It is due to having the account setup in another email client (or the same one) - using imap (if it is supported) would eliminate this error.

Otherwise, don't have the account in two email clients (or in one account twice). Setting the check every nn minutes option higher will also help to eliminate the error message.

BTW, it might be due to using mailwasher - mailwasher has the lock on when outlook tries to check. It could be due to having mailwasher check too frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
icacream Outlook 2016 “Enter your user name and password for the following server.” Using Outlook 5
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 4
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
J Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder Using Outlook 3
O Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Cannot delete folder with subfolders. Using Outlook 4
V Your Imap server wants to alert you to the following: Message too large Using Outlook 4
B "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot move folder into itself" Using Outlook 3
B Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 8
L IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename sytem folders Using Outlook 14
B IMAP server wants to alert you to the following cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 3
K Following Several Power Cuts Can Only work in Safe Mode Using Outlook 0
S System Administrator email undeliverable to following recipients Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
C View doesn't refresh (fields or formatting) Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox Using Outlook 0
C iCloud Setting missing Outlook tab and Outlook missing the iCloud refresh button Using Outlook 4
A Search folder refresh Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Outlook 2010 emails do not refresh automatically Exchange Server Administration 1
M How to automatically refresh an appointment windows after changing the MessageClass property ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Refresh Outlook Using Outlook 2
C Refresh IMAP folder list automatically OUTLOOK 2010 Using Outlook 4
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
K Moved pst to new computer, now Gmail not coming into Outlook Using Outlook 7
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
ill13 Prepend the user's computer name to the subject. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Commodore Getting rid of "This computer only" Using Outlook 4
Commodore iTunes sync on a new computer - any issues to be expected? Using Outlook 9
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 4
M Sync 'On my computer' emails Using Outlook 1
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
M Transfer To New Computer - Lost Some Outlook Functionality Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
N Two .pst files on one computer both with contacts? Using Outlook 9
Rupert Dragwater Sync Issues (This Computer Only) Using Outlook 8
R Outlook loads when the computer boots Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 on re-imaged computer missing calendar/contacts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Moving Outlook to a New Computer Using Outlook 0
P Newly created IMAP subfolders not showing up on email clients away from computer. Using Outlook 3
J Gmail host and Outlook on two computer Using Outlook 2
iwshim Transfering mail from the outbox to another computer Using Outlook 0
H How-To recover email from Computer Crash Using Outlook 2
M Missing Drafts (Drafts - This Computer Only) Outlook.com Using Outlook 1
W Outlook BSOD (my oldest computer) Using Outlook 5
C Getting back previous computer owner Outlook email Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
E Moving autoarchive settings to new computer (Outlook 2007) Using Outlook 1
A Transfering Outlook 2010 data to new computer with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4