Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Deady

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

I recently had to refresh my computer and now wish to upgrade the system. Unfortunately I seem to have corrupted my Outlook account. When I try to ad my main email account I get this message:

Log onto incoming server (POP3): Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another email message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR[SYS/TEMP] unable to lock mailbox, 11

I think it may be due to putting the same account twice into the folder pane. The emails are arriving OK (I pick them up in Mailwasher) but I cannot ge them into an Outlook account/folder.

Regards

Martin

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
When you use pop3, a lock is put on the mailbox when outlook is downloading mail so other clients can't delete mail from the server while outlook is downloading. It is due to having the account setup in another email client (or the same one) - using imap (if it is supported) would eliminate this error.

Otherwise, don't have the account in two email clients (or in one account twice). Setting the check every nn minutes option higher will also help to eliminate the error message.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
BTW, it might be due to using mailwasher - mailwasher has the lock on when outlook tries to check. It could be due to having mailwasher check too frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 5
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
J Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder Using Outlook 3
O Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Cannot delete folder with subfolders. Using Outlook 4
V Your Imap server wants to alert you to the following: Message too large Using Outlook 4
B "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot move folder into itself" Using Outlook 3
B Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 8
L IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename sytem folders Using Outlook 14
B IMAP server wants to alert you to the following cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 3
K Following Several Power Cuts Can Only work in Safe Mode Using Outlook 0
A As I try to move around in Outlook. Each tab I touch I get the following error message 'Microsoft Outlook is not responding' Using Outlook 2
O my outlook appears to be permenantly offline following an microsoft download__error 0x800ccc0e Using Outlook 2
R When I try to send an email to many people, I receive the following error message: (0x8004010F): The Using Outlook 1
D Your imap server wants to alert you to the following 1432 (3306) that mail currently is not availabl Using Outlook 1
M Outlook closes with the following error Exchange Server Administration 2
M Office Outlook 2007 had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missin Using Outlook 1
B All times listed are in the following time zone: Customized Time Zone Exchange Server Administration 1
K Windows7 + Outlook 2010: "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this compute Using Outlook 2
E When I try to click on links in emails I recieve the following message 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on yoru computer. C Using Outlook 1
M Recurring message: your imap server wishes to alert you to the following: XXX (1032) That mail is no Using Outlook 4
L Following migration from EX2k3 to Ex2010 meeting requests do not appear as tentative Exchange Server Administration 2
T The following fatal alert was received: 48. Exchange Server Administration 5
D This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer Adobe PDF Using Outlook 1
J I receive the following Sending Report Error: 0X80042109 Outlook cannot connect to my outgoing serve Using Outlook 2
A I receive the following: UID STORE failed: UID sequence range syntax error Using Outlook 2
T I am receiving the following error message on my home computer whenever I try to open a hyperlink in Using Outlook 5
M I get the following error message when tryiong to send some emails.__'Relaying denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail.' Using Outlook 2
P I receive the following error when I am sending messages 'your imap server wants to alert you that it can not read attachement 185' the atta Using Outlook 4
O HOTMAIL blocked my account. Student following directions in book. What to do? Using Outlook 2
J "Outlook cannot display this view" I tried following Diane's suggestions in past posts...but still Using Outlook 1
S Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 will start correctly following installation. Using Outlook 2
D I get the following: "The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this compute Using Outlook 3
R I receive the following error message when sending an email Using Outlook 3
R i receive the following error meassage when sending an email; Using Outlook 1
D get following error "Businss contact manager for Outlook could not complete your last action or acti Using Outlook 16
C Keyboard types numbers and symbols following two actions: num lock key held and then released and a Using Outlook 1
K When trying to insert contacts in an email I get the following message: 'Can't contact LDAP Directory Server (81)' Using Outlook 1
A Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Account exceeded bandwidth limits.( Failure) Using Outlook 2
A I get the following error when trying to open a hperlink; 'The operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please Using Outlook 1
T There is no existing PublicFolder that matches the following Identity: '\NON_IPM_SUBTREE\OFFLINE ADD Exchange Server Administration 3
A I get the following statement when I try to open Microsoft Outlook 'A program needs your attention to continue.' Using Outlook 1
G Following a crash - recovered outlook 2007 PST but Contacts shows 1884 but when I try to view these using the 'Business Card' view I 's Using Outlook 3
A Terminated in error__I received an mail containing the following information. Do I need to be concerned? Using Outlook 2
K Cannot Remove Exchange 2003 Following Exchange 2010 Transition Exchange Server Administration 7
H Displaying new(today's) emails in Inbox following conversion from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
H i am getting the following error message at start up, it was working perfectly until today. 'X cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open Using Outlook 1
A Receiving' reported error (0x80042112) : 'The following e-mail messages on the mail server cannot be Using Outlook 1
D User is connected via HTTP. Outlook 2010, Windows 7. When clicking on the inbox receives the following message:__Outlook cannot display this view Using Outlook 1
P can't create a new contact for outlook 2002 and windows 7, even after following some advice on the forums. Using Outlook 3
R Re: Outlook 2010 will not open links. Receive following message, 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this comput Using Outlook 7