Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Your Imap server wants to alert you to the following: Message too large

I'm getting this message repeatedly in Outlook 2010.

I used Diane's technique where I use advanced search and clean up outlook attachments that are 0 bytes and over 10 MB.
I found a bunch of 0 byte attachments, and some large attachments, and deleted them all, but I still get the message.

Thanks

You might need to delete the imap ost and let it resync. Is everything you added to the imap data files uploaded to the server or do you have backups? When you delete the imap ost, you'll lose anything that hasn't synced up.

OK I renamed the pst file. Outlook created a new one, it seems ok now.

Thanks

I'm having this same issue. I've tried running Scanpst on the OST file, and using putting Outlook in Offline mode, and using Clean Mail to delete emails larger than 20MB. The error message keeps coming back anytime we try to send an email, whether it has an attachment or not. We're getting these messages every 10-15 minutes.

Error Message:
"Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Email is too large, limit size to less than 20 MB."​

For the record, our email is hosted through Godaddy IMAP server, and we're limited to 30MB on both incoming and outgoing emails, with outgoing emails limited to 20MB attachments.

Diane, could you please go over the proper steps to do what you mentioned? I want to make certain I'm not missing any emails when I perform this operation. If I delete the OST, does Outlook produce a new OST? Also, can renaming the OST as Vincenzo suggested, do the same things as deleting it?

Renaming will have the same effect.

Are the large files in the servers? If they are only in outlook you'll want to export them to a PSt first.. otherwise you don't need to export first..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
J Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder Using Outlook 3
O Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Cannot delete folder with subfolders. Using Outlook 4
B "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot move folder into itself" Using Outlook 3
B Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 8
L IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename sytem folders Using Outlook 14
B IMAP server wants to alert you to the following cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 3
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
CWM030 Archiving ON the imap server Using Outlook 3
GaryW88 2016 Archiving IMAP keeping mail on Gmail Server Using Outlook 1
J IMAP server Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 Error: Your IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
K IMAP Subfolders missing after migrating to new server Using Outlook 0
E IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook 2
B New hosting server & changing IMAP accounts Using Outlook 2
E intermittent "Your imap server closed the connection" messages Using Outlook 6
B How to have Outlook 2010 Calendar when your mail server is Imap? Using Outlook 10
J Outlook 2003 does not send or receive imap mail from server Using Outlook 0
J imap and pop accounts to new server? Using Outlook 3
S Imap settings when outlook PST larger than server capacity Using Outlook 1
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Discussion for all: IMAP + Safety Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2019 accesses POP3 but says its offline (because of IMAP servers?) Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
B Strange MAPI/Exchange/IMAP behaviour in OL 2016 under10.0.19044.2006 Using Outlook 0
P Comcast IMAP broken but their second level support said to call "the Outlook company" Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
Abraham Outlook 2013 Lost my folders when moving from PST to IMAP Using Outlook 11
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
L IMAP Emails Disappear Using Outlook 0
V IMAP backup Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0