How to have Outlook 2010 Calendar when your mail server is Imap?

Hi folks,

Because I access my email on several different devices (Win 8 laptop with Outlook 2010, Android tablet and iPhone) I need a calendar that sychronises across all devices.

I've previously managed this with Calgoo but I've just upgraded to Window 8 64 bit and find that Calgoo Calendar Connect no longer allows me to sync an Outlook calendar with a Google calendar. And Google Sync is no longer available for new users unless you buy a business subscription.

Is anyone able to recommend a calendar solution that I can use in Outlook that will sync between all devices? Preferably free.

Thanks in advance,

Jo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The only two direct syncs are Exchange mailbox (as low as $4/month) or Outlook.com (Hotmail). Anything else needs 3rd party software.

Hi Diane, I've shared my calendar on the internet but the link will not open.

I am trying the hotmail option but it thinks I am a highjacker and is blocking my Gmail access. Grrr.

Right I've jumped through all the hoops and have enabled my gmail for pop3. This means I can now open my gmail in Outlook, and I emailed the webcal link to the gmail address. I can open that email in hotmail but the link does not open. What should happen here?

Thanks for bearing with me.

Hi again Diane, here is the issue: when I go to Calendar in Hotmail and attempt to access the calendar link invitation I have emailed to myself, I get an error saying that it's a private calendar. If I am invited to share that calendar, surely it needn't be public? If so then this is not a viable option since I really don't want my personal schedule available to the world.

Jo

Hi Diane, yes I had given Outllok.com access to my gmail and was able to read email there. But I also created a new Hotmail address and invited that address to subscribe to my OUtlook 2010 calendar and once again I get this message:

"It looks like this is a private calendar and you don't have permission to view it. The owner will need to make this calendar public before you can subscribe to it."

I have read at this link that Outlook.com can only subscribe to public calendars: http://office.microsoft.com/en-nz/outlook-help/publish-and-s

hare-calendars-on-office-com-HA010355570.aspx#_Toc326616655

Therefore, OUtlook.com is definitely not a viable alternative to the old gmail calendar sync.

Cheers

Jo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Oh, yeah, I wasn't thinking it through. :( In Outlook you can subscribe to the calendar but online can only do public calendars.

If anyone else came here looking for a solution, I found one doing this:

Installing icloud, transferring all my personal appointments to that calendar and then opening that icloud calendar on my iphone.

Then I installed an app for $4 to sync the icloud calendar to my android tablet - it's called "smooth sync for cloud calendar".

So while not a free solution, considerably cheaper than the suggested alternatives on the interwebs that all involve Google.