How to have Outlook 2010 Calendar when your mail server is Imap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boppy2010

Hi folks,

Because I access my email on several different devices (Win 8 laptop with Outlook 2010, Android tablet and iPhone) I need a calendar that sychronises across all devices.

I've previously managed this with Calgoo but I've just upgraded to Window 8 64 bit and find that Calgoo Calendar Connect no longer allows me to sync an Outlook calendar with a Google calendar. And Google Sync is no longer available for new users unless you buy a business subscription.

Is anyone able to recommend a calendar solution that I can use in Outlook that will sync between all devices? Preferably free.

Thanks in advance,

Jo

The only two direct syncs are Exchange mailbox (as low as $4/month) or Outlook.com (Hotmail). Anything else needs 3rd party software.

Hi Diane, I've shared my calendar on the internet but the link will not open.

I am trying the hotmail option but it thinks I am a highjacker and is blocking my Gmail access. Grrr.

Right I've jumped through all the hoops and have enabled my gmail for pop3. This means I can now open my gmail in Outlook, and I emailed the webcal link to the gmail address. I can open that email in hotmail but the link does not open. What should happen here?

Thanks for bearing with me.

Hi again Diane, here is the issue: when I go to Calendar in Hotmail and attempt to access the calendar link invitation I have emailed to myself, I get an error saying that it's a private calendar. If I am invited to share that calendar, surely it needn't be public? If so then this is not a viable option since I really don't want my personal schedule available to the world.

Jo

In Gmail, did you give access to the Hotmail address?

If this link doesn't work, https://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=mc go to the calendar and click the arrow next to the calendar name in the list of calendars on the left. Choose the option for Sharing the calendar.

Hi Diane, yes I had given Outllok.com access to my gmail and was able to read email there. But I also created a new Hotmail address and invited that address to subscribe to my OUtlook 2010 calendar and once again I get this message:

"It looks like this is a private calendar and you don't have permission to view it. The owner will need to make this calendar public before you can subscribe to it."

I have read at this link that Outlook.com can only subscribe to public calendars: http://office.microsoft.com/en-nz/outlook-help/publish-and-s

hare-calendars-on-office-com-HA010355570.aspx#_Toc326616655

Therefore, OUtlook.com is definitely not a viable alternative to the old gmail calendar sync.

Cheers

Jo

Oh, yeah, I wasn't thinking it through. :( In Outlook you can subscribe to the calendar but online can only do public calendars.

If anyone else came here looking for a solution, I found one doing this:

Installing icloud, transferring all my personal appointments to that calendar and then opening that icloud calendar on my iphone.

Then I installed an app for $4 to sync the icloud calendar to my android tablet - it's called "smooth sync for cloud calendar".

So while not a free solution, considerably cheaper than the suggested alternatives on the interwebs that all involve Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 on re-imaged computer missing calendar/contacts Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2010 and 2013 'team' calendar shows AD accounts without mailboxes Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 2010 calendar won't sync with Android phone Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2010 calendar hangs Exchange Server Administration 2
J Importing to the correct calendar from Excel 2010 to Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Outlook 2010 MS Exchange Calendar to Android- ical or webdav? Using Outlook 1
R How to copy outlook 2010 shared calendar appointment or meeting to personal calendar by vba? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Importing Excel 2010 data into Outlook Calendar 2010 Using Outlook 12
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
A Yearly Calendar in Outlook 2010 64 bit. Using Outlook 1
A Shared Calendar Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2010 .pst calendar Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Calendar Alerts Using Outlook 1
S Using both My Calendar and iCloud Calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 Calendar error Operation Failed Using Outlook 6
D Priting only Recurring Appointments in Outlook Calendar 2010 Using Outlook 1
O Calendar list view in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 3
J calendar print setup in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Calendar sync off by 1 hour - outlook 2010 / icloud 2.1 / ipad Using Outlook 2
A Adding Work Calendar to my iPhone 4S from Outlook 2010 and vice a versa. Using Outlook 5
W Outlook 2010 Share calendar but keep color formatting Using Outlook 2
W Calendar Printing with Outlook 2010 (64 bit) Using Outlook 1
D Calendar Permissions Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
D Outlook 2010 - Calendar - always show 4 weeks in month view Using Outlook 3
T Exchange / Outlook 2010 - How to cancel meetings but retain the calendar entry Using Outlook 4
P Multiple accounts and single Calendar file (Outlook 2010, using Connector) Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 - missing "Updated: ... " in subject text after calendar update Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2010 calendar issue - accepting meetings Using Outlook 3
H Conflicts with other event in calendar ( outlook 2007 & 2010) Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2007 & 2010 calendar permissions Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2010 search for question mark in calendar Using Outlook 7
T Outlook 2010 Calendar Using Outlook 7
L Outlook 2010 Default Calendar Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2010 'cannot send on behalf of' when changing calendar apointment Exchange Server Administration 0
S Calendar sharing problmes between Outlook 2007 & 2010 Exchange Server Administration 0
B Linking from Excel to public outlook 2010 calendar. Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2007 and 2010 for multiple calendar users Using Outlook 1
D searching Outlook 2010 Calendar Using Outlook 1
L Calendar rules in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 2010 - Calendar in public folder issue Using Outlook 7
R Outlook 2010 calendar sharing not working Using Outlook 3
R outlook 2010 calendar appointments Using Outlook 2
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C What folders are needed when reinstalling Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0